PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 #7

Here is a timeline of the events leading up to and shortly after Stouffer's disappearance:

8c46ca51-3c0f-4e82-8ee3-8f9abced12be_1140x641.jpg

Here is a timeline of the events leading up to and shortly after Stouffer's disappearance:

Very good time line.

Excellent time line.

Unsolved: Investigating Susquehanna Valley cold case murders, disappearances

Where is Kortne Stouffer?​

A Lebanon County woman vanished overnight, but not before police came to her home multiple times.

It's been a decade since she disappeared, but Kortne Stouffer's face can still be seen on missing posters throughout Palmyra.

"I think everybody looked at Kortne as if it were their daughter," her father, Scott Stouffer said.

<modsnip - more than 10% of article posted>

Last edited by a moderator:
DEC 5, 2022
Kortne Stouffer

kortne_stouffer.jpg

Kortne Stouffer was 21 years old on July 28, 2012 when she disappeared. She had the night off from work and went to a bar with friends. The group ended the night at Kortne’s apartment in Palmyra, Pennsylvania. According to Sergeant Mike Dipalo of the Lebanon County District Attorney's Office, police responded to a call from the apartment around 3:30 a.m. on the morning of July 29 after a report of conflict with the neighbors. Police told everyone to go back to their own homes and go to sleep. The next morning, Kortne’s friends discovered she was gone. Kortne had plans to go to the fair with family that day, but when she didn’t show up, they reported her missing. Authorities conducted interviews with the people who last saw Kortne, but nothing brought them closer to finding her. After three years of investigating and no leads in Kortne’s disappearance, her family’s attorney connected them with private investigator Leah Hopewell. Hopewell (formerly Jennings) said that while she spoke with people who were with Kortne shortly before she disappeared, nothing led to Kortne. The family maintains the ‘Kortne Stouffer – Remember Me’ Facebook page to post updates and memories of Kortne. Kortne has a tattoo on her right arm that reads "One Love," a tattoo of three stars on the top of her right foot, and a tattoo on her left side of a pistol shooting flowers. She would be 31 years old today. The family is offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to Kortne’s whereabouts. In November 2022, the FBI told Dateline in an email that Kortne is still missing and that the Lebanon County Detective Bureau is the lead agency. If you have any information on Kortne’s disappearance, please call the Lebanon County Detective Bureau at (717) 228-4403. You can also submit a tip anonymously online at https://tips.fbi.gov/.

Sooo ... I just read that Bryan Kohberger is being investigated for unsolved crimes in Pennsylvania. Here's a Newsweek article:

It's a huge stretch, and he would only have been 18 at the time, but he is from PA (Northampton County, most recently - which is at least in the same Eastern half of the state) and then there's the other possible thing in common - heroin. The information out there is that Bryan was addicted to heroin in HS and in his early 20s I guess. And we know Kortne was involved in drugs. I don't have any personal knowledge that she was on or involved with H, but others on this forum, most recently Ghost I believe, have said as much.

It's reasonable to think that Bryan's quadruple murder wasn't his first, but disappearing someone completely at 18 without being caught is a stretch I realize.

I'm not putting any money on it, but to the extent that police are looking at him for possibly being involved in unsolved crimes in the state, I wouldn't be shocked if Kortne's disappearance is on the list of crimes for which they'd want to rule him out. Like he was actually away at college at the time, or in rehab, or whatever, cross him off.

Now, you may say that this possibility is only slightly more likely than Aliens given several other far more viable suspects and theories, and I'd say you're right.

But if all this does is get people posting potentially helpful info on this forum again, I'll take that as a win.

Another thought, has anyone ever heard of "Adventures with Purpose"? They are a group of volunteer divers who have successfully found the bodies of missing persons in bodies of water on multiple occasions.

Adventures with Purpose - YouTube

https://m.youtube.com › AdventureswithPurpose

My memory of the Memorial Lake search is there was at least one cadaver dog and some underwater cameras. Does anyone recall whether there were actual divers? I don't know what the process is to reach out to these guys, but if there weren't any divers, it might be worth looking into.

Another thought, has anyone ever heard of "Adventures with Purpose"? They are a group of volunteer divers who have successfully found the bodies of missing persons in bodies of water on multiple occasions.

Adventures with Purpose - YouTube

https://m.youtube.com › AdventureswithPurpose

My memory of the Memorial Lake search is there was at least one cadaver dog and some underwater cameras. Does anyone recall whether there were actual divers? I don't know what the process is to reach out to these guys, but if there weren't any divers, it might be worth looking into.
Maybe someone on this thread might know..

Interesting, but I think there is zero chance BK had anything to do with Kortne's disappearance.

I have to go back and refresh my memory on player's names in this case. But there were multiple people she was around that night who most likely disappeared her. Pruett or the neighbor.

Sooo ... I just read that Bryan Kohberger is being investigated for unsolved crimes in Pennsylvania. Here's a Newsweek article:

It's a huge stretch, and he would only have been 18 at the time, but he is from PA (Northampton County, most recently - which is at least in the same Eastern half of the state) and then there's the other possible thing in common - heroin. The information out there is that Bryan was addicted to heroin in HS and in his early 20s I guess. And we know Kortne was involved in drugs. I don't have any personal knowledge that she was on or involved with H, but others on this forum, most recently Ghost I believe, have said as much.

It's reasonable to think that Bryan's quadruple murder wasn't his first, but disappearing someone completely at 18 without being caught is a stretch I realize.

I'm not putting any money on it, but to the extent that police are looking at him for possibly being involved in unsolved crimes in the state, I wouldn't be shocked if Kortne's disappearance is on the list of crimes for which they'd want to rule him out. Like he was actually away at college at the time, or in rehab, or whatever, cross him off.

Now, you may say that this possibility is only slightly more likely than Aliens given several other far more viable suspects and theories, and I'd say you're right.

But if all this does is get people posting potentially helpful info on this forum again, I'll take that as a win.
If I lived in Northampton County, I would not drive all way to Palmyra for a fix. There are so many closer places to go.

1676824514814.png

Age21 (at time of incident)
HairBlonde - longer than shoulder length
EyesGreen
Height5'8"
Weight115 to 120 pounds
SexFemale
RaceWhite
OccupationStouffer has worked as a salon/spa worker and a pet groomer.
Scars and MarksStouffer has a tattoo on her right arm that reads "One Love," a tattoo on the top of her right foot of three stars, and a tattoo on her left side of a pistol shooting flowers.

Details:​

On Sunday, July 29, 2012, Kortne Ciera Stouffer disappeared without an apparent reason. The last known contact with Stouffer was at 3:30 AM, by the Palmyra Police regarding a disturbance. Foul play is suspected regarding Stouffer's disappearance. For additional information regarding this victim, refer to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUS) missing person database, case report number MP#17800.

Submit a Tip:​

If you have any information concerning this person, please contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.
1676824543451.png

If I lived in Northampton County, I would not drive all way to Palmyra for a fix. There are so many closer places to go.
For sure, I hear what you are saying, there isn't really a connection, just a piece or two in common. This was ten years ago though, which is a long time ago in the opiate epidemic, almost a million overdose deaths ago, idk what it was like in Northampton and Palmyra back then for availability, maybe you or someone else does.

The theory wouldn't necessarily be that BK went to Palmyra for a fix, it would be that he targeted her bc he's a murderer and that somehow, someway, their paths crossed in the drug world and he took her. I know it's a stretch.

I wouldn't consider him a suspect, just someone to cross off the list.

My random guesses and personal opinions are (in order of most likely):

1. AB drug debt theory;
2. CP:
3. MR;
4. human trafficking; or
5. Some combination of all the above.

Or, it could have been a more random scenario and none of the above.

The strange thing in these years-long missing persons cases where foul play is involved is it's tempting to say "what are the odds that a serial killer/acquaintance/drug connection/whatever happened to disappear someone right in this specific window of time and no one's found the body/gotten arrested for it/left evidence."

It's a strange and tragic scenario for sure, but we know a decade has gone by and Kortne is gone. So the logical thinking can almost be flipped on its head, from my perspective it's more like "This really low-frequency should-never-have-happened thing happened, so how do we explain it."

It's like that Sherlock Holmes quote (I know he's a fictional character, but I think this holds up):

“When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

I think it helps put perspective on these really tough missing persons cases. Like in Maura Murray's case, there's like a 2 min window or something when she gets in an accident on a remote highway in NH between when witnesses see her and when she seemingly disappears off the face of the Earth.

It's tempting to say "What are the odds some bad actor took her in those two mins, she wandered off in the woods and her body's never been found, or she left to start a new life and has never been found?" In a vaccuum, almost zero. But in Maura's case, 100% because she's gone and it's got to be one of the above.

I digress, but that case is different because there's a real lack of actual suspects and basically all of the theories sound like conspiracy theories or totally illogical.

Here, we've got more going for us because:

1. We know exactly who she was last seen with;
2. There was recent LE contact;
3. We know that got into conflicts and had certain people threaten her that night; and
4. We know that she was involved in drugs and had people break into her apartment in the weeks leading up to her disappearance once, if not twice. and she and her bf reported that a cash counting machine was stolen.

Last edited:
Sorry for the long reply, but this case absolutely can be solved, and I believe it will be solved.

It's always possible it's none of the above, I say LE needs to:

1. Assign a brand new lead detective to look at this whole thing from the ground up, re-reviewing every single lead and every single piece of evidence with fresh eyes;
2. Do a full search of Memorial Lake (with multiple divers);
3. Get a warrant do a a cadaver search with a couple of dogs of that Campbelltown property;
4. Re-interview everyone possible;
5. Get someone like Payne Lindsay from Up and Vanished to do a podcast on it; and
6. Re-look at human trafficking scenarios.

Last edited:
Sorry for the long reply, but this case absolutely can be solved, and I believe it will be solved.

It's always possible it's none of the above, I say LE needs to:

1. Assign a brand new lead detective to look at this whole thing from the ground up, re-reviewing every single lead and every single piece of evidence with fresh eyes;
2. Do a full search of Memorial Lake (with multiple divers);
3. Get a warrant do a a cadaver search with a couple of dogs of that Campbelltown property;
4. Re-interview everyone possible;
5. Get someone like Payne Lindsay from Up and Vanished to do a podcast on it; and
6. Re-look at human trafficking scenarios.
And and everything you listed would be exactly what should happen, "IF" LE really cared. I have not seen anything that gives me the impression that they do. I think they have written her off as a "druggie" and don't care to spend the time on this case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back