PA PA - Lauren Pico Jackson, 5, Spring City, 4 Oct 1988

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by smile22, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Trackergd

Trackergd SAR Search Manager

I responded back b_det. Sorry, have been traveling on business a lot.

2. Trackergd

Anything is possible. No remains have ever been found.

wdmcmahan and Rhett like this.
  3. b_det

b_det New Member

I don't know really.. I might be reading into it too much..This is the link to the Hydrocephalus survivor website.. I know this is a super long shot but a few things strike me. 1. She looks SO similar to the young picture of Lauren. 2. They would be similar ages, Lauren would be about 35 now, this was posted several years ago. 3. And this one is big to me: this woman states that she was only 18 when she discovered that she had congenital hydrocephalus, meaning it was something present from birth, but only discovered later in life..... someone tell me if I'm being crazy here. I don't mean to start any controversy or upset anyone. Like I said, long shot, but I guess at the end of the day, that's what us web sleuths are here to do.....

https://www.hydroassoc.org/staff-view/melinda/

4. shadowdancer

shadowdancer Well-Known Member

The facial resemblance between this lady and the age progression picture on Lauren Maria Pico Jackson – The Charley Project is certainly very striking...

Trackergd likes this.
  5. Trackergd

Anyone feel like chasing this down?

6. wdmcmahan

wdmcmahan Well-Known Member

Idk, I don't think this is her. I could be wrong. BUT... this lady and I have something in common. I also have Chiari Malformation, which is congenital, and a plethora of comorbidities including Intracranial Hypertension/hydrocephalus. I was not diagnosed until I was 29 and it was an incidental finding on an MRI for my shoulder that just happened to catch my spinal cordc which led to brain surgery 2 weeks later.

Anyway, i only mention this because it's not that unusual to go for years and years knowing that something is wrong before finding out. It's usually when the progression is so bad that seizures or paralysis begin.

I do think that we should make sure this isn't her, just to know 100% for sure. I've definitely been wrong before!

Has anyone tried to findfand contact this person?

annemc2 and Trackergd like this.
  7. b_det

b_det New Member

I wish I knew how to start.. there are essentially 2 options. Contact this place with full disclosure and details and see if they are willing to give info on this actual person in the post. OR make up some elaborate story/ pretend to be someone of authority who "requires" info of this group, or even, pretend she's a long lost friend and see if they'll cave that way... they are physically located not too far from my current location in the DMV area but again, how to go about saying hey, give me all the information on this person, despite your privacy rules...

8. b_det

b_det New Member

I wish I knew how to start.. there are essentially 2 options. Contact this place with full disclosure and details and see if they are willing to give info on this actual person in the post. OR make up some elaborate story/ pretend to be someone of authority who "requires" info of this group, or even, pretend she's a long lost friend and see if they'll cave that way... they are physically located not too far from my current location in the DMV area but again, how to go about saying hey, give me all the information on this person, despite your privacy rules...

9. wdmcmahan

wdmcmahan Well-Known Member

I just did a Google reverse image search on her picture but only that hydro site came up. I'll keep looking. I'm in a hydrocephalus fb group, maybe I can find her through that...

10. Trackergd

I would not miss-represent myself. I would go with the full disclosure and ask for their assistance in solving a 30 year old missing person case.

wdmcmahan likes this.