ACTIVE SEARCH PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by TTF14, Jun 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopeithelps

Hopeithelps Member

My first post so I'm not sure if this is where I put it but...
    I work at the broad street market where Linda works at the soft pretzel stand. I do not believe it's her mom and dad's stand, maybe another family members? Most of the Amish stands here are staffed primarily by young women about 16-22ish. They are very social with each other even though they live in different communities. I frequently hear them discussing weekend plans in the bathroom for spikeball or other activities and who all will be there.
    It seems ALL the girls here have smartphones but she did not carry hers to church
    Linda definitely speaks English as well as any of us.
    IF she had a disability it was not obvious nor did it prevent her from working long days at the pretzel stand.
    She always smiles like she is smiling in that picture, says hi in the bathroom. Zero signs of mental illness or incapacity. I do not believe her disappearance was her own choice.

Ashildir, misgrn, crhedBngr and 95 others like this.

2. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

It isn’t the FBI’s involvement that triggers me, but rather the fact that the local police requested their assistance that does. Bird-in-hand may be rural, but Lancaster isn’t, and the police there are pretty competent and so are the Pennsylvania State Police.

3. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Armchair Detective

Thank you so much! It's nice to hear more about Linda, and what her life is like too.

But I'm so worried for her :(

4. dally_doodle

dally_doodle Well-Known Member

very insightful. Thank you!!

misgrn, ReaderRabbit, JDough and 15 others like this.
  5. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Perhaps the police called the FBI because they think she may have crossed state lines.

Kaykedi, misgrn, crhedBngr and 27 others like this.
  6. Gardenkeep

Gardenkeep Well-Known Member

Thank you for the informative post!:) I've been wondering, but wasn't sure how to find out..is LS strictly Amish or Mennonite? It seems by the sounds of it, her community is a Mennonite community IMO?

misgrn, JDough, Marg from Oz and 4 others like this.
  7. Wampuscat

Wampuscat Active Member

No, she is Amish

BlkMtnGirl, JDough, cass523 and 5 others like this.
  8. GordianKnot

GordianKnot On Time Out

‘This Is Unlike Her.' Lancaster County Amish Woman, 18, Missing After Church Services

SABBM:

Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, was reported missing this week, with a police spokesman in East Lampeter Township calling her disappearance "highly out of character" despite a desire among some young Amish people to leave the community.

"This is unlike her," Lt. Matthew Hess told NBC10. "There are certain teenage Amish kids who would have that personality or would express that interest, want to see the world. There was no indication that this is the case for Linda."

A spokesman for District Attorney Heather Adams said the case is a top priority right now.

And though she's not believed to have left on her own accord, police had a message for Linda just in case.

Crud.

Any optimism I felt yesterday about LE making that direct appeal to LS just evaporated reading this article.

They were just covering their bases, in the unlikely event she left of her own accord.

Clearly, that's not what they actually think happened. At all.

Hence, the request for FBI assistance.

JMO.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    Kaykedi, misgrn, crhedBngr and 23 others like this.
  9. Hereshecomes75

Hereshecomes75 Well-Known Member

If you’ve been following the FB page set up for Linda’s search, you’ll need to check out the latest post. It’s very touching, from a non-Amish neighbor of the family and gives a sense of what sort of people they are.

10. ACG2x

ACG2x Well-Known Member

Possible but her home on Beechline is so close to where she was last seen on Stumptown that I’m not sure how likely that is.

If she worked at the pretzel stand as noted and interacted without many English customers, one with nefarious intent could’ve stalked her to that point. If it was a regular customer that just happened to “drive by” as she was walking, they could’ve waved and rolled the window down to say hi because they recognized her, etc then take her in a flash.

While there are homes lining Stumptown Road, given the area they are in I don’t know how likely it is those have Ring/Nest/etc cams outside to catch footage.

11. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for this post. Sounds like Linda is a sweet girl. I hope she's found safe soon. I can't imagine how worried her family must be.

12. Trackergd

Trackergd SAR Search Manager and Footprint Tracker

Hopeithelps. Did Linda ever attend "Hut Parties" to your knowledge?

13. Limecat

Limecat Lime + Cat = Limecat

Thank you HereSheComes. I guess I’m more wondering and guessing you’re correct with a large family around why no one saw her after services? Meaning does that narrow down the timeline as to Linda having to have gone missing on her way home vs going home and back out again. Just wondering out loud I guess!

crhedBngr, Traymar, cass523 and 7 others like this.
  14. dally_doodle

I know the have said she was last seen at Stumptown Rd & Beechdale but have they said WHO was the one who last saw her?

15. sandmannc

sandmannc Active Member

Marg from Oz and 10ofRods like this.
  16. sandmannc

sandmannc Active Member

Welcome to websleuth's and hope you'll continue to help give us some more insight into Linda's charector and her surroundings. Stick around I think you'll enjoy this website and the people in it. Again welcome! :)

17. Hereshecomes75

Hereshecomes75 Well-Known Member

What are “hut parties”?

18. dally_doodle

Her Missing Facebook page today has made me so sad.

The post they shared from the search & rescue team makes me feel like some of the resources are needing to leave, which I knew would eventually happen, you can’t search forever, but it breaks my heart.

19. Hopeithelps

Hopeithelps Member

She is definitely Amish. Women wear solid color dresses only, and the same double peaked prayer bonnet. At least here. They don't drive. The Menno girls wear all kinds of coverings and drive.

20. Hopeithelps

Hopeithelps Member

Al
    Also she is wearing a CAP like a head covering, not a white CAPE

crhedBngr, Kaykedi, sassyblue and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.