Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if her church dress was found at home ?
Sorry if I’ve missed it but I haven’t seen a concrete decision as to whether they believe she made it home from church and went back out to youth group or not.
Wasn’t there early talk that the bars were still in the refrigerator?
I assume that indicates she didn’t make it home?

This term came from Amish Mafia tv show which was about 2% truthful. A hut is a rental home or apartment. The Amish Mafia show had young Amish renting a home for a weekend and then having friends come over to party.

Amish people don't waste money and they barter for a lot of their needed wares. The Amish Mafia episode with Amish renting a "party apartment" made me roll with laughter.

I probably should have called it a "Barn Party" and yes, there are not too common, but enough so that the police have to go bust them up once in a while. Makes the Bishops a bit unhappy.

I don’t think that they have released anything really. At least nothing I could find.

I’d like to know:
1) she was seen last at stumptown & beechdale...but by who?
2) what direction was she coming from when she was heading home to beechdale? Would she have had to make a left or right onto beechdale?
3) do they suspect she made it home & disappeared from there?
4) how long was her walk from the home in which church was held to her home?
5) was she walking or was she on a scooter?

so many questions....all in which i know they are holding close for a reason. But it’s tough when a case like this has no press conferences. It makes people go crazy with speculation.

She is definitely Amish. Women wear solid color dresses only, and the same double peaked prayer bonnet. At least here. They don't drive. The Menno girls wear all kinds of coverings and drive.
Thank you! I guess hearing about the phones had me questioning it. I live in rural upstate NY in the Finger Lakes. We have strong communities of Amish and Mennonite. The garb definitely had me thinking Amish, but the talk of phones threw me. :)

This term came from Amish Mafia tv show which was about 2% truthful. A hut is a rental home or apartment. The Amish Mafia show had young Amish renting a home for a weekend and then having friends come over to party.

Amish people don't waste money and they barter for a lot of their needed wares. The Amish Mafia episode with Amish renting a "party apartment" made me roll with laughter.

Hut parties have been around long before Amish Mafia was a TV show. These parties are usually held in barns or fields, and they can get pretty wild. Drinking, drugs, sex, etc. just like many English teen parties. Do most Amish teens participate? Not necessarily. Do some? Yes!

We tend to romanticize the Amish world, when in many cases it is similar to ours. Amish do socialize outside the Amish community.

I have to admit this case has me scurrying to Google search to learn about their culture. It is fascinating, but this story is totally tragic! It's very frightening that they will now only allow professional searchers. I worried that now they are looking for a body. She's so young. I hope they're wrong and she is just being a rebellious teen for the first time in her life.

Yeah, that show was ridiculous.

Don’t get me started. We live in a picturesque little town, and some tourists act like nothing is private property and try to eat their lunch on people’s porches or play in their backyards. Like are you even from this planet?

I’ve also heard from an Amish lady who was confronted by tourists insisting she and the other Amish in our town are just people in costumes then proceeding to ask her a bunch of embarrassing questions.

Sadly, this has been happening for many years . I lived in Lancaster 30 years ago and it was happening back then. Idiots.

My son lives in the rural part of Lancaster with Amish all around. I'm about 15-20 min away and am frequently in the area. Probably where I will retire to.

Tracker, given your knowledge of both the area and S&R, given the scope and nature of the search efforts there since LS went missing, do you think it's safe to conclude that she did not suffer some type of medical event or have an accident on her way home and they just haven't found her yet?

Also, do you think that if she was abducted by someone and, say, tossed into the trunk of a vehicle, LE would have found signs of a struggle in/around the road the next day when they began searching, or not necessarily?

It was the middle of the day. If she was abducted on that road, that was hugely high risk behavior by the perp.

I keep wondering if she was perhaps lured into a car with the offer of a quick lift home.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member