Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had this thought pop into my head. Do they use outdoor outhouses in those areas or indoor toilets? If any outhouses are in the immediate area, or at the location she was last believed to be, they need to drain it. I would hope she didn't fall in or someone placed her there. A terrible thought but one that should be looked into.
I think most Amish homes have indoor plumbing. Some schools still have outhouses, I think. I was wondering earlier if there are any slurry pits in the area, too.

No call out today. From what I can tell, LE is not currently organizing searches. I was told by neighbors that there are volunteer searches going on, no idea who is organizing them. Two I am aware of are outside of the area she went missing. Still trying to find out why they are searching those areas. One is Chestnut Tree Road and Cupola Road off of RT 82 near Struble Lake.

No call out today. From what I can tell, LE is not currently organizing searches. I was told by neighbors that there are volunteer searches going on, no idea who is organizing them. Two I am aware of are outside of the area she went missing. Still trying to find out why they are searching those areas. One is Chestnut Tree Road and Cupola Road off of RT 82 near Struble Lake.
Yes, that’s an odd area to be related to this situation. Part of the Brandywine Creek is there.

Yesterday the Amish were searching along Mill Creek in West Lampeter from the edge of the township to where it empties into the Conestoga River. The police info from West Lampeter said the Amish were asking other church districts to conduct searches in their areas.

I wonder if the Amish believe Linda threw something into water before she disappeared that might give insight into her life, possible whereabouts, or possible contacts—a journal, letters, photos, address book, phone? Maybe that’s far fetched, but they seem to be concentrating on water.

JMO

yes, I find this interesting too!

the community all seem to think of enough people pray then it will all turn out alright.
Well I think that could be partially true. In that some, possibly radical or otherwise, Christians may believe that if it is in God’s perfect will, for the greater good of His kingdom then it will be “alright” (see Romans 8:28). IMVHChristianO

Good morning HSC and all!

Ita!

Social media for years now have become a pain for LE, and most definitely for grieving families who have missing or murdered loved ones.

Sadly, it's become commonplace no matter the case or state where LE must come out to the public asking them to stop the gossip, rumors, and countless misinformation.

However it does no good no matter how many LE pleads.

It's like an insatiable arrogance, and so many on SM think they are far smarter than the investigators. Never mind none of these people know what the facts, and evidence even happens to be.

None of them care if they accuse anyone falsely even if they cause undue pain against those who are totally innocent.

Being tried, and convicted by the internet SM masses have been going on since at least the early 2000s, and has only worsens each year.

Imo, its become some sick twisted pastime for many using the pain, and sufferings of others for their own mean spirited self centered entertainment.

It's not only locals either. I have read where total outsiders have wasted LEs valuable time by bombarding them with their theories, and mere unsubstainiated assumptions. Ugh.

While SM does help in some missing cases it has also become a nightmare LE has to contend with.

That is the very reason I stopped reading years ago about any cases on other social sites. The misinformation, and downright false allegations, and lies being spread like wildfire were mind boggling to me. What was just as unsettling for me was to see how easily others believed the unsupported claims.

The worse the allegations were resulted in many more followers who believed the outlandish claims without question without the posters having one bit of proof to support any of it nor did the followers even demand it either.

These many cruel SM posters know all they have to do is claim something to be true, and most will just believe it hook, line, and sinker.

Imo,these kind of SM posters on the internet are very dangerous individuals, and many don't even know the victims or families nor do they care. Just like they do not care when they constantly falsely accused people who have turned out to be totally innocent. Many of those they have wrongly targeted have had death threats made against them, and harrassed even though they did nothing wrong.

Tragically for our society I believe it will continue to worsen, and more, and more, innocent people will be vilified unfairly.

Imo, we are in a deep deep hole of great moral decline, and it shows on SM sites where anything hurtful or people being viciously attacked goes on night, and day.

It seems in our society more than ever very bad behaviors, and very bad acts have become acceptable, and even supported. :(

I think it is someone, not necessarily Amish, but a well known and accepted English that did not frighten her when he stopped and offered her a ride and someone whose vehicle would not cause alarm if seen that morning in the area. Someone that no one would ever think could do such a thing.

All it takes is a strange guy to say "Ma'am! Can you please tell me how to get to_____" or similar statement, only for the poor unsuspecting girl to approach the stranger's car to reply then get shuffled off somewhere, never to be found.

It's a scary thought, to be sure, especially for young, perhaps naive girls like poor Linda, to become prey. And I suspect there are a number of predators who know where to seek their prey in a community like the Amish.

She either left early, or the fam stayed behind, is what I recall.
So, WHERE was she last seen, and by whom?
How many attended the service? Left before and after LS?
Still too many blanks, but IMO, it wasn't an outsider...

Good morning HSC and all!

Ita!

Social media for years now have become a pain for LE, and most definitely for grieving families who have missing or murdered loved ones.

Sadly, it's become commonplace no matter the case or state where LE must come out to the public asking them to stop the gossip, rumors, and countless misinformation.

However it does no good no matter how many LE pleads.

It's like an insatiable arrogance, and so many on SM think they are far smarter than the investigators. Never mind none of these people know what the facts, and evidence even happens to be.

None of them care if they accuse anyone falsely even if they cause undue pain against those who are totally innocent.

Being tried, and convicted by the internet SM masses have been going on since at least the early 2000s, and has only worsens each year.

Imo, its become some sick twisted pastime for many using the pain, and sufferings of others for their own mean spirited self centered entertainment.

It's not only locals either. I have read where total outsiders have wasted LEs valuable time by bombarding them with their theories, and mere unsubstainiated assumptions. Ugh.

While SM does help in some missing cases it has also become a nightmare LE has to contend with.

That is the very reason I stopped reading years ago about any cases on other social sites. The misinformation, and downright false allegations, and lies being spread like wildfire were mind boggling to me. What was just as unsettling for me was to see how easily others believed the unsupported claims.

The worse the allegations were resulted in many more followers who believed the outlandish claims without question without the posters having one bit of proof to support any of it nor did the followers even demand it either.

These many cruel SM posters know all they have to do is claim something to be true, and most will just believe it hook, line, and sinker.

Imo,these kind of SM posters on the internet are very dangerous individuals, and many don't even know the victims or families nor do they care. Just like they do not care when they constantly falsely accused people who have turned out to be totally innocent. Many of those they have wrongly targeted have had death threats made against them, and harrassed even though they did nothing wrong.

Tragically for our society I believe it will continue to worsen, and more, and more, innocent people will be vilified unfairly.

Imo, we are in a deep deep hole of great moral decline, and it shows on SM sites where anything hurtful or people being viciously attacked goes on night, and day.

It seems in our society more than ever very bad behaviors, and very bad acts have become acceptable, and even supported. :(

Jmho

Ocean blue eyes.......as usual you nailed it!
Morals are almost non-existent in our country and soon I m afraid it will be totally gone. It's a scary time to be living in this world today..it make me think the end isn't too far away. I pray every day for the world we live in.

Yes, that’s an odd area to be related to this situation. Part of the Brandywine Creek is there.

Yesterday the Amish were searching along Mill Creek in West Lampeter from the edge of the township to where it empties into the Conestoga River. The police info from West Lampeter said the Amish were asking other church districts to conduct searches in their areas.

I wonder if the Amish believe Linda threw something into water before she disappeared that might give insight into her life, possible whereabouts, or possible contacts—a journal, letters, photos, address book, phone? Maybe that’s far fetched, but they seem to be concentrating on water.

JMO

BBM:

I wonder if LS is known to enjoy swimming, wading, or otherwise being near water.

A lot of people are drawn to water, especially in hot weather.

It may be that being in/around water is known to be something she enjoys.

JMO.

I was out today and came home via Route 41 through Avondale PA, a good 30 miles southeast of Bird in Hand. I noticed a prominent Missing poster racked up to an electric pole along the Main Street. It is a major thoroughfare for cars and trucks to and from I95 and the Lancaster PA area. I was happy to see it.

There are many women missing from Luzerne County, PA which is only an hour away from where Linda disappeared.
Missing Persons
]

Not to be contrary, but Luzerne County is closer to two hours away from Lancaster County. I don’t think there are tons of missing people in Lancaster County. This article is from 2019, but it gives details about the magnitude of the missing person situation in PA.

Missing persons: In Pennsylvania, how many are lost and from where?

Here’s a site where you can put in any conditions you like to create a list of missing people:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members