Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the roads in Amish country have huge fields on both sides and the houses are set back from the road. You might not see anyone except a passing vehicle now and then.
I live here, and you’re right. So it sounds now as if she were taken from along the road. The roads here can also be tricky, you learn only too well when trying to pass a buggy, because even straightish roads can roll up and down over hills and dips that make it hard to see the road ahead. My kids came to call them “road wrinkles.” You can think it’s clear to go out in the other lane and realize only too late that there was a car you couldn’t see coming toward you. So I can see how other people could be on the road but not see what happened.

But how bold! Was this guy on something? Did he plan this, or was it just an off-the-cuff act when the opportunity was there? Did he target the Amish, thinking he’d have less resistance, more forgiveness? Just sickening.

Wow! I had a feeling this was going to be someone local and she will be found local. IMO after reading this article, it sounds like he was adopted by a Mennonite couple. Ex-PV wrestler gets 12 1/2 - 30 yrs. for area holdups
I'm was surprised to read that there was video of the abduction. This is all so similiar to Mollie Tibbetts.
I pray that he will talk and say where she is at.

This is horrible. I am so sad for her family and the Amish community. Thankful for the video that solved this case.
I hope he tells them where she is without the DA making any deals, or that his cell phone might show the locations he was at and for how long.

Oh no.... not the update I was hoping for. Thankful that the abduction was apparently on video and that witnesses reported seeing an Amish woman in his vehicle as well.... at least it seems like there is a very strong case against him.

I hope they are able to locate poor Linda.

I live here, and you’re right. So it sounds now as if she were taken from along the road. The roads here can also be tricky, you learn only too well when trying to pass a buggy, because even straightish roads can roll up and down over hills and dips that make it hard to see the road ahead. My kids came to call them “road wrinkles.” You can think it’s clear to go out in the other lane and realize only too late that there was a car you couldn’t see coming toward you. So I can see how other people could be on the road but not see what happened.

But how bold! Was this guy on something? Did he plan this, or was it just an off-the-cuff act when the opportunity was there? Did he target the Amish, thinking he’d have less resistance, more forgiveness? Just sickening.

It certainly is sickening.

I am just wondering if he said anything to her prior to abducting her like, "Can you give me directions to..." or something similar.

6217179, member: 156995"]How did this abduction even work? Broad daylight with other people not so far away. Did he have a gun? Was someone else involved?[/QUOTE]

Tragically, the same way it's happened far too many times in broad daylight before.

More, and more kidnappings of children and adults are happening during daylight hours.

Rarely, have I read of a recent case where the victim was kidnapped from out of their home or off the street when dark.

It seems predators are becoming more bolder. Perhaps they believe everyone has a false sense of security during the day.

At least LE has video. So often no one sees or hears anything even if it happens in the daytime.

Eta: sorry HSC I messed up your quote. Sorry.

Jmho

Tragically, the same way it's happened far too many times in broad daylight before.

More, and more kidnappings of children and adults are happening during daylight hours.

Rarely, have I read of a recent case where the victim was kidnapped from out of their home or off the street.

It seems predators are becoming more bolder. Perhaps they believe everyone has a false sense of security during the day.

At least LE has video. So often no one sees or hears anything even if it happens in the daytime.

Jmho

Maybe someone here knows - as I do not - if the Amish teach their children safety when encountering the English? Especially some guy in a car like this one who abducted her.

This is horrible. I am so sad for her family and the Amish community. Thankful for the video that solved this case.
I hope he tells them where she is without the DA making any deals, or that his cell phone might show the locations he was at and for how long.

I’m with you-I want the authorities to find her without making the deal that we all know they will make, so this family can have their girl back, and he doesn’t get a lighter sentence

Excuse my ignorance, what kind of "deal" could be made here? Do you think it's realistic that with all this evidence (I'm assuming there's all this evidence), surely Justo will just speak? Now that I type it out, that does sound a little naive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74