ACTIVE SEARCH PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by TTF14, Jun 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iFish

iFish Active Member

Excuse my ignorance, what kind of "deal" could be made here? Do you think it's realistic that with all this evidence (I'm assuming there's all this evidence), surely Justo will just speak? Now that I type it out, that does sound a little naive...

2. TGIRecovered

TGIRecovered Well-Known Member

I think that the “deal”would be you tell us where the body is and we will let you plead down to a lesser charge. Moo

janewall, JDough, sallye818 and 14 others like this.
  3. Coffiecat

Coffiecat Well-Known Member

Death penalty off the table, in exchange for letting the family give her a proper burial... I hope they find her first.

JDough, sallye818, momsof3 and 16 others like this.
  4. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

5. Coffiecat

Wrestling star wouldn't likely need help with an awkward teenage Amish girl.

6. Coffiecat

7. Curiosity1234

Curiosity1234 Well-Known Member

Sometimes the prosecutor will offer the criminal a deal through his lawyer. They could offer to not seek the death penalty if the criminal will tell them where the body is.

8. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

9. Hereshecomes75

Hereshecomes75 Well-Known Member

That’s a good question. I’m sure children get some warnings about strangers at home and at school.

They have several outreaches to the Amish where they teach children farm safety, safety for walking on the road, and how to call 911 (It’s precious—we were at farm day with a lot of Amish. They had a phone where children could practice calling 911 and telling their details to a lady on the other end.) They distribute fluorescent vests for kids to wear to keep them visible on the roads. There’s a manual for buggy drivers. But I’m not sure if they cover personal safety topics for situations like this.

I’m wondering if Linda’s reported docile nature and the Anabaptist value of nonresistance played a role in her going with her kidnapper without screaming or putting up a fight.

10. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

Do we think his attorney is going to hope the body’s not found, and will mount the “he didn’t kidnap her-it was a planned meetup; she was with him in his car willingly” defense?

11. Trackergd

Trackergd SAR Search Manager and Footprint Tracker

Water treatment plant??? Oh no, no, no... Sewage coming into the plant is run through a "macerator pump" before moving on to other processes. Think of a garbage disposal on steroids. There is usually a clean out Y before the pump. I really hope he did not do this.

12. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

I suspect he got her in the car with some sort of ruse, all friendly, a lift home or whatever. Similar to Yingying's killer. Linda was apparently seen in the passenger seat.

13. iFish

iFish Active Member

14. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

Oh dear...

15. Curiosity1234

I don't know that screaming or putting up a fight would have helped on a stretch of road where no one can see you or hear you. I am thinking, abductors choose the time and place they would be more successful.

16. nataliewould

nataliewould Well-Known Member

Random thought...If he was adopted by a Mennonite family (in that same area), I wonder if they were acquainted with each other.

17. Hereshecomes75

Hereshecomes75 Well-Known Member

That detail made me so sad for her. It sounded like a few people thought it stood out a little to see an Amish girl in a hoopty with a nonamish man on a Sunday afternoon. Was there anyone in the back seat? I assume he had a gun or pretended he did.

18. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

Tracker-He worked in Gap, and he was seen with her in his car in the Gap area-I really hope not, too. If he did that, there is nothing bad enough that could happen to him now, as far as I am concerned.

janewall, JDough, sallye818 and 11 others like this.
  19. ACG2x

ACG2x Well-Known Member

So sad and tragic but realistically the outcome I expected from the end of the first few days of her disappearance. I was hoping so much I was wrong and this wouldn’t be “the usual” aka abduct —> SA —> murder —> dump body. :(

Totally random abductions are extremely rare but this might be a case of one. Only other connection would be if he knew her from the pretzel stand she worked at and stalked her.

You have a naive and overly trusting Amish girl alone on a country road with this *** who has a vehicle. She never had a chance. Please let LE find her body soon so family can have closure and this trash gets swift and brutal justice.

20. Curiosity1234

You never know what an attorney will say. It's their job to defend the defendant even if they know they are 100% guilty. I don't think the meet up or went willingly will work especially more so l since the victim appears deceased.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.