PA PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by TTF14, Jun 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curiosity1234

Curiosity1234 Well-Known Member

He was a star wrestler in high school with a 3.0 grade average. He could have lived a decent life but chose to be a criminal. He did 12 and 1/2 years the first time now he'll get DP or life without parole I would think.

Traymar, Teche, Marg from Oz and 5 others like this.

2. GizzardMan

GizzardMan Well-Known Member

In competitive wrestling isn't choking-out an opponent with a headlock (opponent blacks out) an actual tactic?

3. Curiosity1234

Oh, that's scary. Maybe he was playing choking game with Linda Stoltzfoos (a game popular with teens a few years back) and it went to far or maybe he planned it that way.

crhedBngr, Marg from Oz and Fireflize like this.
  4. GizzardMan

GizzardMan Well-Known Member

Point being, JS is not a large person but can probably easily control or incapacitate someone.

5. Ashildir

Ashildir Well-Known Member

Possibly to incapacitate her? After the witnesses on Amish Road he may have spooked that it was too noticeable an Amish Woman in the front and not waving as is customary, he did a choke hold, and laid her in the back till he got where he was planning on going?

just a theory

Edited to make more sense

6. Curiosity1234

I agree about incapacitating someone. He might have gone to gym and or lifted weights while in prison.

7. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

Yes, thank you. He's 34 now, a bit past high school. It's going to be difficult to drag a body that's taller than you far (if she was murdered away from the dump site). Jmo

8. HailedSunSea

HailedSunSea Well-Known Member

Think about the fact that Linda most likely never had even play fought, or had any sporting that would even mimic aggression. When she's sitting to the right side of JS and he offered the least bit of pressure, im sure that he was quite successful in his application. He could most likely have constricted both her hands/arms with little to no effort. To strike her with a blow to the face or pressure to the neck, would have been his strength, not hers. Weather to kill was his intention, or if it happened quite easily from a minor struggle, he probably was offered little to no counter aggressions unfortunately IMHO.

9. HailedSunSea

Like several discussions i'v had with friends (mainly male) and my shared experience, is the first couple times that you are struck in the face with a solid punch, its shocking, and can knock you flat out. The second and third time, you have become tempered and its never the same, the fight is on. This poor creature of a young woman, was probably so shocked by any form of violent aggression, that half the battle was won against her, probably just by looking at her the wrong way. Its extremely unfortunate. I cant stand to think of it honestly!

10. Izmack

Izmack Active Member

She’s 5’10 and 125. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2020
  11. J Block

J Block Maj. Crimes

In high school wrestling (folkstyle), choke/strangle is not allowed. When using a headlock, you also have to have an arm in. You can’t wrap around the neck only. With little knowledge of any type of combat, pretty much anybody can “choke-out” someone. It’s not very hard for an aggressive, physically stronger person to subdue another person by compressing their trachea and/or carotid/jugular.

12. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

If you hit the back buttons, that was a reply to me asking for JS height and weight.

LadyL, 24Roses, Traymar and 8 others like this.
  13. TwoBlueJays

TwoBlueJays Well-Known Member

Gah - overzealous editing. I had typed Amish Road at Buena Vista, north of Gap. But clearly it got mangled. Sorry for the confusion! :oops:

14. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

I think if she was strangled, she would have fought back with everything she had.

15. Curiosity1234

No problem TwoBlueJays. Are you saying the Amish couple saw her at the intersection of Amish Rd and Buena Vista Rd ? Which town was that ?

Marg from Oz likes this.
  16. TwoBlueJays

TwoBlueJays Well-Known Member

They were interviewed and said they were walking on Amish Road, right on the edge of the road so quite close "within a few feet" to the small red car they saw with an Amish female passenger with a black kerchief who didn't wave as per custom. The car was being driven by a man with either a beard or moustache. I can't get back into the Lancaster Online article (paywall) to verify the Buena Vista intersection. But Amish Road runs south to Gap and west to Paradise and on toward Bird-in-Hand.

17. heart8788

heart8788 Well-Known Member

If they wanted to use a piece of Linda's unwashed clothing (for example, something from a laundry hamper) how long would that piece be "good" or "useful" for? Would something that had a ton of sweat on it be better?

Marg from Oz likes this.
  18. Maplesyrup

Maplesyrup Well-Known Member

The question someone asked was the height and weight of JS. They already knew the height and weight of LS.

LadyL, Izmack, CSIDreamer and 2 others like this.
  19. HailedSunSea

I know that seems like what many would do, and I am open to the possibility of her being capable of a resistance that was worthy of counteracting a heated, directed assault. I just dont believe that I can see her escaping this mans weight, aptitude and speed, matched with intent. His adrenaline when he snagged her, was already through the roof im assuming, and that level of adrenaline benefits his intentions. With a threat obvious to Linda at this point, a threat like she never imagined being subjected to, I can imagine that fear probably gripped her, fear that might not have fully immobilized her, but combined with a portion of male strength from someone she's not familiar with, she most likely almost felt physically ill with notions of fainting. JS grabs her once firmly around the wrists, or just puts his weight on her,and I dont see many actions she would have been capable of. I am wondering if LE have JS with some physical trauma visible thats consistent with anothers defensive actions?

20. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

He will have been far more brutal with her and I’m thinking she had massive head trauma. They have evidence to suggest she was harmed

blood, cerebral matter? They have something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.