Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, thank you. He's 34 now, a bit past high school. It's going to be difficult to drag a body that's taller than you far (if she was murdered away from the dump site). Jmo
That's a really good point to stop and think about. Either way (presuming he didnt make her walk somewhere, v unlikely) wherever she is, he probably took her by car. So the site must be somewhere accessible by car.

If they wanted to use a piece of Linda's unwashed clothing (for example, something from a laundry hamper) how long would that piece be "good" or "useful" for? Would something that had a ton of sweat on it be better?
If the clothing had not been put in a common laundry basket, the scent in the clothing can last for quite a while. Bedding is another good source of scent.

Sawdust is NOT mixed into cattle feed in this area of Pennsylvania. It is not a feed ingredient that is necessary as there is plenty of access to other ingredients. Pelletizing equipment is not something most local mills in Lancaster County have.

I knew it was done in some areas, just not where. One farmer we knew years ago talked about mixing shredded newsprint in with feed. Hardwood sawdust is sometimes made into stove pellets, but doubt any of these shops make enough of it to be profitable.

He will have been far more brutal with her and I’m thinking she had massive head trauma. They have evidence to suggest she was harmed

blood, cerebral matter? They have something
It was posted here that LE believed she had been harmed. Wasn't that after bra and socks were found buried ? Or before ? Besides, LE might have thought she was believed to have been harmed because she never came home so they might have thought she was unable to come home due to injury. Everyone, family and friends said she would never just disappear. Additionally, I think (I could be wrong) LE can put out a statement based on what they believe without having to produce evidence. With the courts however, they are legally required to back up what accusations they make with evidence. Rocky1 our legal expert would know.:)

Last edited:
I knew it was done in some areas, just not where. One farmer we knew years ago talked about mixing shredded newsprint in with feed. Hardwood sawdust is sometimes made into stove pellets, but doubt any of these shops make enough of it to be profitable.
Just remembered sawdust was used years ago to soak up liquids that got spilled like gasoline and oil at service stations. Just an old "back in the day" thought.

Last edited:
I know that seems like what many would do, and I am open to the possibility of her being capable of a resistance that was worthy of counteracting a heated, directed assault. I just dont believe that I can see her escaping this mans weight, aptitude and speed, matched with intent. His adrenaline when he snagged her, was already through the roof im assuming, and that level of adrenaline benefits his intentions. With a threat obvious to Linda at this point, a threat like she never imagined being subjected to, I can imagine that fear probably gripped her, fear that might not have fully immobilized her, but combined with a portion of male strength from someone she's not familiar with, she most likely almost felt physically ill with notions of fainting. JS grabs her once firmly around the wrists, or just puts his weight on her,and I dont see many actions she would have been capable of. I am wondering if LE have JS with some physical trauma visible thats consistent with anothers defensive actions?
The fear alone could have traumatized her to the point where her survival instincts led her to do whatever she was told to do. She may have lacked the fight/ flight instinct that most of us have because she grew up and lived in a very safe secure home environment.

LE is back searching in the Welsh Mountain area today. Live Incident List | Lancaster County-Wide Communications
The Amish hotline asked for 10 vans of men to search today. The latest message is from yesterday saying they got enough volunteers and hope to be able to provide an update later today after searching.

My guess is that they are going to be helping with searching the Wallace Rd area mentioned above in the EMS communication. That’s a lot of ground to cover. It looks wooded but not terribly remote from everything, since there seem to be small businesses surrounding the area. I’d love to hear from someone who knows that area better than I do. JMO

The Amish hotline asked for 10 vans of men to search today. The latest message is from yesterday saying they got enough volunteers and hope to be able to provide an update later today after searching.

My guess is that they are going to be helping with searching the Wallace Rd area mentioned above in the EMS communication. That’s a lot of ground to cover. It looks wooded but not terribly remote from everything, since there seem to be small businesses surrounding the area. I’d love to hear from someone who knows that area better than I do. JMO

The area being searched is still fairly remote, I live about ten minutes away. It’s mostly wooded areas and this time of year is it has very dense growth. There is also an auto junk yard up there. Like no main roads just a few back mountain roads. A few businesses, mostly small operations though. Also a few ponds and the New Holland Reservoir, but I haven’t seen any water search teams dispatched yet.

On Google maps it looks like a very very large wooded area off Wallace Rd. It appears that they (LE) believe her body is somewhere in the East Earl/ New Holland area because they keep going back there to search.

The area being searched is still fairly remote, I live about ten minutes away. It’s mostly wooded areas and this time of year is it has very dense growth. There is also an auto junk yard up there. Like no main roads just a few back mountain roads. A few businesses, mostly small operations though. Also a few ponds and the New Holland Reservoir, but I haven’t seen any water search teams dispatched yet.
A junk yard ? Anyone could go there under the pretense of looking for a used auto part. Some places let you drive in and you remove the part yourself. Might be a good place to look, I can't imagine they get much business in that remote area; of course that's MOO.

For reference: It's about 20 minutes / 10-12 miles from Bird-in-Hand to Wallace Road, depending on which road you take. It would more likely based on the times on June 21 that he did not kill her here, but possibly disposed.
Every place is so close to her home; 15-20 mins. drive. Any railroad connection in East Earl/New Holland area ?

For reference: It's about 20 minutes / 10-12 miles from Bird-in-Hand to Wallace Road, depending on which road you take. It would more likely based on the times on June 21 that he did not kill her here, but possibly disposed.
Oh I agree TwoBlueJays, I don't think he killed her in East Earl/ New. Holland/ Welsh Mountain area; that could just be disposal area. Site of demise of Linda Stoltzfoos was in Gap area, JMO; could also have been in Ronks area as some think.

Last edited:
It’s amazing how large of an area Welsh Mountains covers. The search today appears as close to Route 340 as it is to Route 322. 340 is closer to where they live. I’m curious how many entrances there are. Prior searches appeared much more north, closer to 322

Attachments

• 2CDDC416-E32C-447C-8C42-5C24315CC45B.png
    2CDDC416-E32C-447C-8C42-5C24315CC45B.png
    292 KB · Views: 37
The fear alone could have traumatized her to the point where her survival instincts led her to do whatever she was told to do. She may have lacked the fight/ flight instinct that most of us have because she grew up and lived in a very safe secure home environment.
I agree, I feel as if LS would have been frozen in fear and may have thought if she just does as she's told she will be let go. Part of her thought and instinct goes along with her upbringing, environment and pure innocence

Oh I agree TwoBlueJays, I don't think he killed her in East Earl/ New. Holland/ Welsh Mountain area; that could just be disposal area. Site of demise of Linda Stoltzfoos was in Gap area, JMO; could also have been in Ronks area as some think.
ITA I think he assaulted and killed her very soon after he took her and just after the Amish couple and the man saw her in the car with him. He found a secluded area in the Amish Road area, I think.
If he then disposed of her body immediately, why are there such intense searches in the Welsh Mountain area? Did he leave her somewhere and go back and move her to the Welsh Mountain area? She would have been in full rigor late in the evening and over night. Does LE know she was put in something like a suitcase? Would JS know about and anticipate and plan for rigor and the difficulty in moving and carrying a person who is 5'11 who doesn't bend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member