GUILTY PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, murdered, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #4

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by TTF14, Jun 22, 2020.

1. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

More than 10 months after 18-year-old Linda Stoltzfoos went missing while walking home from a church service in Upper Leacock Township, her family has laid her recently recovered remains to rest.

Sixty-nine horse-drawn buggies and a handful of vans and SUVs brought more than 100 people together Monday afternoon at the Myers Cemetery burial grounds on East Eby Road, not far from where the police say Stoltzfoos was kidnapped.

The weather was fair and birds sang as the buggies trotted along the road and into the cemetery, where loved ones paid their final respects.

[​IMG]
    Linda Stoltzfoos laid to rest 10 months after her disappearance | Local News | lancasteronline.com

coastal, Laughing, momsof3 and 31 others like this.

2. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

oh the sight of them made me cry
    Linda is flying high with the angels

coastal, momsof3, JDough and 12 others like this.
  3. bluenoser

bluenoser Hello from Nova Scotia

I will go back to check , but right now I can’t remember who is the other?

StarEyes likes this.
  4. bluenoser

bluenoser Hello from Nova Scotia

adding more to clarify. Someone had asked “do you think one or the other told?” I see now it was probably in reference to his brother

5. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

what a beautiful community. I have just looked on google maps/streetview at the cemetery....understated and simple

theres a quilt store just up from it with handmade items from the Amish community and they are simply stunning. I'm in the u.k and we have nothing like this

R.I.P Linda. what a complete shame

momsof3, JDough, sallye818 and 12 others like this.
  6. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

I grew up on an old farm. There still are old family cemeteries that people are buried in. Several men in the community would get together and do a solid 6 feet. They mostly used shovels. With 2 people, I’ve seen many times that it was finished in ~ 2hrs. That includes making sure the sides were shored up to not cave in before the burial. Most often a tarp was also laid down, and big rocks put on its edges to ensure it didn’t blow away. I thought Justo would’ve buried her at least the 6ft, trying to get the body down as far as possible. If there’s gravel & rock, it is harder. The men back home usually took a pickaxe and a sledgehammer along with shovels, to ensure any rock wouldn’t impede the process. I am SO SO thankful that she’s been found.
    JMO IMOO

Laughing, JDough, sallye818 and 8 others like this.
  7. Twolabs

Twolabs Well-Known Member

Meyers cemetery is out on the back roads in Lancaster County. I go there every time I am in town. It is very peaceful there and yes simple. I will be there in a couple of weeks and will stop and say some prayers for Linda and her family.

Millers is pretty much on a sharp corner of the street and Riehls quilt/gift shop is just before it depending on which direction you are coming from. I enjoy browsing thru there too.

https://www.riehlsquiltsandcrafts.com/

8. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Attempting to Keep Calm and Carry On.

RBBM

Thank you for doing this.

DH and I must travel through this region some day. I'd love to see it.

ETA: I just perused the Riehls website. Gorgeous quilts and home decor.

JMVHO.

coastal, StarEyes, sallye818 and 2 others like this.
  9. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

Rest peacefully Linda, glad to know your family have you home.

StarEyes, JDough, sallye818 and 7 others like this.
  10. Twolabs

Twolabs Well-Known Member

If you ever get the opportunity to go you should. Beautiful peaceful farm country out on the back roads away from the tourist traps!!! There are many quaint amish quilt and gift shops and stands at the end of may driveways that sell stuff they make or bake. I can take some pictures while I am there but I never can figure out how to post them here. Last time I went I got pictures of Welsh mountain area and signs around bird in Hand and Intercourse praying for Linda and actually Justo too!!! That was last September 2020 but I do Websleuths on my laptop and pictures of course are on my phone. Could not figure it out unless someone can explain it to me.

StarEyes, crhedBngr, misgrn and 2 others like this.
  11. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

You should have a small cable to attach to your phone into your computer. Once you find that or buy one - per my phone it will come up "Allow" or "deny" - hit "allow" and a screen will pop up to open the device. Than right click on "phone" and it should have one that says "transfer photos" or something like that. Once the pictures are download - you can post them here.

12. sallye818

sallye818 Well-Known Member

A beautiful tribute for a beautiful soul. So glad she has been found, but no words for what she went through and the monster who did the unspeakable.

iQuill, StarEyes, Twolabs and 5 others like this.
  13. Niner

Any word on "when" he might be back in court?

I went thru Friday, May 14th & didn't find him - thought maybe a local paper might have some news...

TIA!

14. Lyanna

Lyanna Well-Known Member

I can't find anything

15. Niner

Thanks for checking it out!

16. CuriousQuiet1

CuriousQuiet1 Well-Known Member

Rest in Peace Linda.

Any word on when Linda was "transferred" to the Dutchland/railroad area? Some here speculated that the fire at Justo's apartment building 12 days after Linda's disappearance might have been a ruse to keep the authorities busy while he was off covering up evidence. I would be fascinated to know if the WebSleuthers got that right.

Blog Archives

crhedBngr, misgrn, Twolabs and 8 others like this.
  17. Niner

I've looked thru the court site thru 5/21 and nothing there for Smoker....

Lyanna, Marg from Oz, misgrn and 3 others like this.
  18. iQuill

iQuill Well-Known Member

Rest In Peace innocent child, may your family be comforted having you home. May justice come swiftly to those who brought harm to you and such deep grief to your loved ones. Moo

19. bleuboy

bleuboy Well-Known Member

I am so glad Linda's loved ones got to give her a peaceful resting place. This young lady has had a massive impact on a lot of people's hearts.
    Such an innocent young life wasted.

20. Niner

Well I went thru the case schedules through 6/4/21 & nothing on Smoker. Is there another court site that I can look for the actual person & not just court dates coming up?
    TIA! :)

Marg from Oz, Twolabs, Lyanna and 2 others like this.