PA - Lindy Sue Biechler, 19, fatally stabbed, Lancaster County, 5 Dec 1975 *arrest in 2022*

Sometime in the late '70s... I think '77 or '78, another young woman was brutally murdered in her home in Millersville, PA - close to where Lindy Biechler was killed. The woman's name was Elizabeth Clark (maiden name Suttie). Her husband, Mark Clark, was tried and acquitted.

There is very little information about this case on the internet that I have been able to find. It may be colder than most cold cases because there was a trial and many have probably made the assumption that Mr. Clark was guilty despite the lack of a conviction. However, some people who were close to the case feel certain that the real killer was never charged.

This is a cold case that deserves investigation on its own merits. I'm posting it here due to speculation that there may be a connection between Lindy Biechler and Elizabeth Clark.

I'd be very interested in communicating further with anyone who either has information about the Elizabeth Clark case or has the resources and will to look at possible connections between these two cases.

Thanks.

Thanks for posting this. How did you know of the case? Do you have more material you can start a thread on her with, maybe some links to info about her?

morf13 - I have some further info. No links though. There is almost nothing online.

I have learned the right dates. She was attacked on April 7, 1978. She was hospitalized (in a coma, I think.) She died on April 9, 1978.

Is there a way to reply to you privately?

morf13 - I have some further info. No links though. There is almost nothing online.

I have learned the right dates. She was attacked on April 7, 1978. She was hospitalized (in a coma, I think.) She died on April 9, 1978.

Is there a way to reply to you privately?

Just sent you a PM!

Our kids went to Beth's daycare and loved her dearly. We met her husband, Mark, and didn't get any bad vibes at the time. I will never forget going up her driveway to drop the kids off, and finding a clutch of cop cars and a crime scene barrier. We went back home, and finally found out what had happened -- she'd had a crock pot smashed over her head. For two days we kept a candle burning for her, and then we learned that the brain damage was such that we ought to pray for her release, instead. And she died. Our kids were 3 and 5.

Later we wrote a play about it, intersecting the story of Beth and Mark and the trial and the acquittal with another person's story. "Full Hookup" went to the Louisville play festival and co-won that year's prize. And after that, I wrote a dark and furious song called "My Friend Beth."

Yes, those who knew them were pretty sure the acquittal was a miscarriage of justice. I'm glad I found this site, and that someone besides us remembers. Thank you.

Anyone have an article about this case? I havent found one record or article about this case. You may want to start a thread for Beth's case, maybe post some details or articles about the murder. Its almost as if her case never existed...

By the way, anyone have anything new on Lindy Biecher's case?

Found this in the news paper archives.
One aspect of Mrs. Clarks death has puzzled authorities the letters D-I-R-S-H were written on her chest.
Police believe the work is German slang meaning "wicked one" or "finished".

Hi Morf13
I haven't been on in awhile nice to see your still here.

Found this in the news paper archives.
One aspect of Mrs. Clarks death has puzzled authorities the letters D-I-R-S-H were written on her chest.
Police believe the work is German slang meaning "wicked one" or "finished".

Hi Morf13
I haven't been on in awhile nice to see your still here.

I pop in here and there. I still am really interested in Lindy's case, and have corresponded with her Brother off and on.

Where does everyone find all the details on the Clark murder? I have used search engines, newspaperarchive searches, and Ancestry.com searches, all with little or no luck. Would love to see more details on the case.

I think Lindy's killer was someone who lived close to her and watched her. I think the letter was to throw LE away from him. I do think he will be caught because they have DNA. LE needs to start over and look close to her home at that time.

I think Lindy's killer was someone who lived close to her and watched her. I think the letter was to throw LE away from him. I do think he will be caught because they have DNA. LE needs to start over and look close to her home at that time.

I have my own opinions on the letter. Without going into detail, I do think the police missed a valuable chance to engage the letter writer. They could have started an ongoing dialogue with the writer. If they could have got him to write again, he may have slipped up and made a mistake, allowing him to be caught. The case is stale in my opinion, and could use a fresh team to investigate it.

I won't speak for Lindy's Family. I know one possible suspect they think could have been her killer, and what the possible motive may be. But I also think her killer could have been a stalker, maybe someone that was a customer in the flower shop she worked in.

On one hand, there is DNA in the case. But I think, despite what has been reported publicly, there is NOT clear evidence of a sexual assault.

If you are interested in Lindy's case, and you have not checked out the cases of Penn State student Dana Bailey or, Holly Branagan, do your self a favor and check those cases out.

In all 3 of these PA cold cases, the girls were killed with a knife from their own kitchen, and there is no clear motive. Kind of weird that a killer would come into their apartments, and not bring his own weapon.

In the Bailey case, as in the Biechler case, there was also an anonymous letter in the case.

BUMPING....this case haunts me. I want to see this case solved. Anyone have anything new on this?

Maybe the killer knew her Husband from School, defaced the Stone with Paint Could have been in Art Class? this Case seems very solvable today- type of Paint, DNA... Must have been living in that area, look at the address on Google Earth, the drive from Her Husbands Job to Home was a few K's. Maybe he was on a Bike, Peeping her, seemed to get out just in time and left the door open must have been very comfortable in that neighborhood!

very interesting, I am still continually amazed on how these horrific crimes fall silent good job everyone..

Really! there is no way this guy didn't know her there can be coincidences with her thinking she was be followed for months, I forget if she was robbed. of the Pay check Money. But the Letter and the the Cemetery.

it's possible if the killer has sexuality issues, that maybe he wished he was lindy and became so obsessed he killed her, mainly out of jealousy as he would never be in a woman's body. specifically hers.
if he ever did drag shows, maybe he used the name janice?
if she was scared enough to have family come over to sit with her until her husband got home, you would think if she knew her stalker she would have mentioned his name to someone, especially her family or police.

it seems more of a case the killer knew her (from obsessive stalking) yet she didn't know him, or at least his name. someone that fearful would have named him to close friends or relatives.

attempted sexual assault. so i take it the killer didn't succeed at sexually assaulting her?
possibly he was having disfunction problems due to his being at odds with his sexually.

ita with quantico that the murder, the grave vandalism, and letter was all done by the same person.

But why just Her and how did he know her maybe she didn't know him, maybe from High School. If you look on a map everything that happened was in a few miles, the Cemetery is close. Maybe he was a Patient at the hospital near her Husband Job. Eitherway He livied in the area. I wonder where her mothers house was. They say most people live work and die within a 25 mile area. I think for Her it was like 5 or less.

Bumping this thread...every day we see cold cases re-ignited or solved, and this is one I really want to see solved!

I think you're right Gaia. I remember reading something about the only thing left was a photo of the letter. I hope I'm wrong.

This is a frustrating case, because it seems like it should have been solved at the time. I know I'm casting stones, but I sometimes wonder if the investigators had any idea what they were doing. It was a different time and not a real big city, so they may have just been in over their heads. I'm sure they did the best they could.

You are right, the original letter was lost by police. All that was left were photos of the letter, and they were published in the newspaper, but they were too small and hard to read. I would love to have seen the original letter and handwriting up close.

That's what I hope to know and hopefully, we can keep the Zodiac speculation out of this thread

I agree, the Zodiac connection is a real longshot, but is an interesting angle.

There is alot that is both KNOWN & UNKNOWN in Lindy's case. I have an idea of who the police think may have killed Lindy,but I am not sure I agree with them. It was a real shame that they lost the letter in her case as there may have been some clues, or somebody may have recognized the writing.

The website dedicated to finding the killers of Lindy Biechler, and Christy Mirack looks like it has been shut down. Also, I had had a great deal of exchanges with Lindy's Brother, and we exchanged some info & materials, but I have not heard from him in quite a while. (He was overseas in the service, and I hope he is okay)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back