PA PA - Lower Turkeyfoot, WhtMale 25-50, 170UMPA, expensive clothing, gold box chain w/crucifix, Nov'95

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Rle7, Aug 26, 2007.

1. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

We need a picture of him. I am having trouble finding one.

madamx likes this.

2. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Member

The UID could have been there for longer than October. Law enforcement could be wrong about that as they have gotten similar things incorrect before.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    madamx likes this.
  3. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Member

Same,

I did find these articles about him though.

Apparently, Stuart pled guilty to being involved in some Gambino related shakedowns in 1992.

That could also somehow explain the "high-quality plate" the UID had which was speculated to have been caused by "blunt force blows."

Police Say Their Chinatown Sting Ties Mob to the Garment Industry

Gambino Sons, Others Arrested on Extortion Charges

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    madamx likes this.
  4. StarrChance

StarrChance Well-Known Member

madamx and CCJD like this.
  5. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Member

madamx and CCJD like this.
  6. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

David was wearing a bracelet with a Star of David and UID wore a gold box chain with a crucifix.
    UID on Namus: Unidentified Person Case

madamx likes this.
  7. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Member

Ok so perhaps not very likely..damn

I'd still feel better seeing an image of him just to rule Stuart out.

madamx likes this.
  8. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Member

I conversed via email today with both NAMUS and the NYPD.

NAMUS is claiming that are not authorized to release a picture of Stuart. While the NYPD detective I talked to said he doesn't have one.

Once the government shutdown is over I'll try the Manhattan DA and the FBI field office.

madamx likes this.
  9. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Member

I sent in FOIA requests to NYC requesting mugshots of David Stuart (if they still have them). Even though there is a strong likelihood it's not him.

In the meantime I've been thinking more about Quartieri, and even though there are some differences like height etc. I def now see a strong resemblance in the chain and eyes between his photo and the recon. Esp. in the two on the right you've posted.

I think he should be shortlisted for now.

madamx likes this.
  10. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

The only thing I found on David Stuart were the Articles I had sent you early on.. I am finally on the thread and up to date..Now that I see that he was wearing the star of david bracelet I don't think its him..

11. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

I just noticed the computer generated image.. looks like a totally different guy.. He looks much younger to me also, sort of reminds me of jimmy smits when he was thinner. Come to think about it, they all look different.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

I came across this guy missing since 1993. He had been in prison for 5 yrs for Grand Larceny.. His stats are in range and he looks to me sort of like the reconstruction bust. It says he went missing in jeans but he could of just disappeared to start someplace else. I don't know..it's prob not him but stranger things have happened.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Name: William Dean Ponder
    Case Classification: Endangered Missing
    Missing Since: August 28, 1993
    Location Last Seen: Chesnee, Spartanburg County, South Carolina

Physical Description
    Date of Birth: September 23, 1951
    Race: White
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 190 lbs.
    Hair Color: Red/Auburn
    Eye Color: Blue
    Nickname/Alias: Goes by his middle name, Dean
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: Wears glasses, He is described as being depressed but was not on medication

Identifiers
    Dentals: Available
    Fingerprints: Available
    DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: T-shirt and faded jeans
    Jewelry: Unknown
    Additional Personal Items: Tennis shoes

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Dean Ponder, who lived at 6851 Parris Bridge Road, disappeared after a night with friends at nearby J's Tavern. He was last seen in the company of an acquaintance, on Parris Bridge Road in Spartanburg County. Friends told police they dropped him off at Martin Feed Mill.

Ponder's father reported him missing on September 2. Dean Ponder had been out of prison for only two months when he vanished. He was released on parole in 1993 from the SC Department of Corrections after serving half of a 5-year sentence for grand larceny.

Years after he disappeared, Dean Ponder was declared legally dead. Foul play is suspected.

13. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

I came across this guy missing since Jan 1993.. I know it does not fit the exact time frame But this guy is from PA.
    Now what caught my eye was his Nose, it is prominent like all the ones on the recon and his stats are in range. Also he was an attorney with a law office which could explain his expensive clothing. Lastly he has a substance abuse problem so he could of owed some one money.. just a speculation. Don't know about the dental plate.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Name: David Lee Branton
    Missing Since: January 7, 1993
    Location Last Seen: Allentown, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania

Physical Description
    Date of Birth: July 17, 1960
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 170 lbs.
    Hair Color: Brown
    Nickname/Alias: Unknown
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
    Fingerprints: Not Available
    DNA: Not Available

Clothing: Unknown
    Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Branton was last seen leaving the Allentown Racquetball Club at Sixth and Union Streets around 11 a.m. in Allentown, Pennsylvania on January 7, 1993. Branton's roommate returned to their apartment at 28 North 16th Street, in Allentown that evening and noticed David's car was parked across the street instead of its usual place behind the apartment. There was no sign of David, yet none of his clothes or his medication was missing. When Branton failed to return after a few days, his roommate called police.

Branton has a history of substance abuse and had left the area previously, but had always contacted friends or relatives to let them know he was all right. No one has reported being contacted by Branton since January 7, 1993. Police searched Branton's car and home and found no evidence regarding his disappearance. Branton is an attorney with a law office at 921 Hamilton Street.

There are copies of a number of news articles from Allentown Morning Callpertaining to Mr. Branton at his Find a Grave memorial site.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  14. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if this UID have any ruleouts?

15. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

This guy from The Bronx has sort of the look (if he shaved his mustache) and hairline. I had created a thread for him a while ago but I just remembered him.

[​IMG]

Joseph Consentino
    Missing since July 17, 1994 from New York City, New York.
    Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: January 16, 1954
      • Age at Time of Disappearance: 45 years old
      • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0"; 180 lbs.
      • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Stocky build; light complexion.
      • Marks, Scars: Scar on face.

Consentino was last seen at 23.00 on July 17, 1994 at 2441 Yates Avenue in the Bronx, New York.
    NY - NY - Joseph Consentino, 45, Bronx, 17 July 1994

16. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

This guy is from New Jersey

[​IMG]

Name: Christopher Allen Zahl
    Missing Since: May 12, 1994
    Location Last Seen: Holmdel, Monmouth County, New Jersey

Physical Description
    Date of Birth: January 11, 1951
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 200 lbs.
    Hair Color: Brown
    Nickname/Alias: Unknown
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on right knee, Blood type A positive

Identifiers
    Fingerprints: Available
    DNA: Available

Clothing: Unknown
    Additional Personal Items: Watch and key chain

Christopher Zahl was last seen in Holmdel, New Jersey on May 12, 1994. His vehicle was found the next day at a train station in Red Bank, New Jersey. Foul play is possible.

17. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

Ruled out by PSP 12/12/13. Mr Ponder does/did not have a dental appliance.

Edited to correct year.

madamx likes this.
  18. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

RSBM

David Branton was submitted to LE in May 2005. There was some back and forth between myself and LE about DNA. At the time, it wasn't available for UID or David. I also think that David's dentals weren't available at that time (based on emails from 2010 & 2013 between myself, LE, NamUs/forensic dentist).

Anyway, UID doesn't show as a rule-out for David but that might not show since there are no rule-outs publically showing for UID. I have no emails definitively ruling out David.

Personally, I don't think Turkeyfoot JD and David are one and the same. Timing doesn't work for me. But if someone else wants to submit this possible match, feel free to do so. Oh, and I'm fairly certain Allentown PD no longer has David's case and that it's now being handled by PSP.

madamx likes this.
  19. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

CCJD thanks for all the info!!! Do you know if the Turkeyfoot UID has a ruleout list. Thank you!!

20. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

I would imagine that they do but not that I'm privy to. All I have is what I'm digging out of old emails and notes from phone calls that I jotted down on files (yes, I keep paper files on all PA uids). The number of possible matches that I'm aware of is woefully small. Consentino and Aiello were both suggested in the past but I don't know if they were submitted. They weren't by me.

I haven't communicated with PSP about this case in a long time - I've had no reason to. In the time that it was particularly active, there were probably 3 or 4 troopers assigned to the case in succession (they'd retire, transfer to another station, etc). And today, I don't know who has the case. No trooper's name is listed on the NamUs casefile, just the general phone number. It also bugs the heck out of me that there are no images in NamUs - the recons, the clothing, the crucifix ... Methinks the Turkeyfoot gent's case is collecting dust.

madamx likes this.