PA PA - Lower Turkeyfoot, WhtMale 25-50, 170UMPA, expensive clothing, gold box chain w/crucifix, Nov'95

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Rle7, Aug 26, 2007.

1. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

MrWilliams and madamx like this.

2. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Member

I would be surprised if it's ether of them tbh. Ayala was all the way across the country literally over 1,000 miles from Turkeyfoot.

While Unterhuber time and location don't make sense (did he even go missing in the US?)

madamx likes this.
  3. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Member

It sounds like the PSP was pretty sloppy in retaining evidence for this UID.

I know they got alot of flack for the same thing when investigating that girl who was found in the suitcase in Chester County around the same time.

On that note, I was wondering if the FBI was ever involved in the Turkeyfoot case given the circumstances?

madamx likes this.
  4. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

Wow CCJD amazing all the work you have done on this guy. I had no idea. So sad with all that work and he still remains unidentfied! Frustrating!
    I saw Aiello also but thought he was too young and did not have that receding hair the UID has. But I also think Aiello is the guy found in the rug in Queens. NY - NY - Steven Aiello, 23, New York City, 11 Sept 1995

5. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

I too don't think either of them are the UID. Not my possible matches - I was just the one who sent them in.

6. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree. I don't think they were sloppy. As I recall, they actually took the skull to a dentists convention (in Pgh? I'd have to look that up to make sure). They hoped that one of the dentists would recognize their work and/or the Vitallium partial. It was pretty unique, made so that the side clips were covered up so they wouldn't be visible when he smiled. Also, I was peripherally involved in having the later recons done. They actually sent the skull to Wes Neville. I remember being scared t0 death that FedEx, UPS, USPS or whoever would lose it in transit. Of course, this is years ago and PSP really did want to see him ID'd. I do think they just have a lot more info than what has been released to the public.

7. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Member

Also I was thinking,

The UID flyer stated that the dental plate that the Turkeyfoot JD had was less than a year old. Couldn't law enforcement trace who manufactured it/which dental office used it for a procedure and go from there?

Seems that would be one way to identify him?

madamx likes this.
  8. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Member

My apologies I misspoke,

It's still interesting after all that they can't identify him.

It's still weird though they don't have pictures of the clothing he wore though. Perhaps someone would recognize him by the outfit combination?

madamx likes this.
  9. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

madamx and MrWilliams like this.
  10. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    madamx likes this.
  11. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Member

madamx likes this.
  12. summergirl1

summergirl1 Active Member

Has there ever been an attempt to get DNA on this guy? That would likely be the only way to solve this whether it is through genetic genealogy or there is a match somewhere with his DNA. I wonder about the cross he wore? Maybe it was just jewelry..but maybe he was Italian? Catholic?

madamx likes this.
  13. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

I don't know if they actually got DNA for JD but a former investigator on the case let me know via email in 2005 that they could get it. This was prior to the Wes Neville recons being done so I'm thinking they could/would use the skull/teeth to retrieve a sample.

Unfortunately, this is one of those cases that have changed investigators a lot over the years and while "fresh eyes" are sometimes a blessing, especially with the cold cases, I do wonder what it does to the continuity of the investigation.

Also, the cross JD was wearing was a crucifix - so he was Catholic.

summergirl1 and madamx like this.
  14. Coppertop15

Coppertop15 Well-Known Member

To me he sounds very PA/NJ Italian. I don't know how to qualify that statement, but having lived the first 20 years of my life in SE PA, he sounds like someone I'd meet around Philly.

MrWilliams, summergirl1 and madamx like this.
  15. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

Bumping for the Turkeyfoot guy

16. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Member

Agreed!

I'm convinced that our John Doe had something to do with either two scenarios.

1) He was a part of the Philly Mob War and law enforcement has yet to connect the dots to him and a missing actor from that underworld conflict.

2) He fits into the Ronnie Gibbon's category in the sense that he was someone visiting the states from the Old Country on "business" who went afoul of his "hosts?" Interesting that LE originally thought that the Turkeyfoot Doe was Ronnie Gibbons at one point.

Coppertop15 and madamx like this.
  17. MrWilliams

MrWilliams Member

Someone suggested this guy to me a while ago.

Michael Avicolli missing out of Philadelphia since the spring of 1996.

Weight, height, age, and even face bears a little resemblance. Even had organized crimes times prior to his disappearance.

However, obviously, the timeframe doesn't make sense given that 170UMPA was discovered prior to Avicolli's disappearance. Although he could be another unidentified person in the PA-NJ-NY area.