PA PA - Lower Turkeyfoot, WhtMale 25-50, 170UMPA, expensive clothing, gold box chain w/crucifix, Nov'95

Timing for Stuart is iffy. He disappeared March 10, 1994 and presumably was killed then. Time of death for UID is between Oct '94 and June of '95. The remains were laying on top of leaves that had fallen in fall of '94. So where was Stuart, dead or alive, during those 7 months?

22 Mar 1994, 384 - Daily News at Newspapers.com
We need a picture of him. I am having trouble finding one.

Yes, UID was taller - by a good 5 inches. That's why I thought probably not. I called it in back in 2008.

Timing for Stuart is iffy. He disappeared March 10, 1994 and presumably was killed then. Time of death for UID is between Oct '94 and June of '95. The remains were laying on top of leaves that had fallen in fall of '94. So where was Stuart, dead or alive, during those 7 months?

22 Mar 1994, 384 - Daily News at Newspapers.com

The UID could have been there for longer than October. Law enforcement could be wrong about that as they have gotten similar things incorrect before.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I conversed via email today with both NAMUS and the NYPD.

NAMUS is claiming that are not authorized to release a picture of Stuart. While the NYPD detective I talked to said he doesn't have one.

Once the government shutdown is over I'll try the Manhattan DA and the FBI field office.

I remember seeing this guy profiled on AMW and almost falling off my chair because of the resemblance to the recon(s). Joseph Quartieri was only 5'3" so probably not him but I called it in to PSP anyway. As I recall, when I called, it was a new investigator on Turkeyfoot JD's case and I never heard back. These days, Quartieri is no longer on the US Marshall's list of fugitives. I also couldn't find him in federal inmate locator or any obits for him so it's anyone's guess what his status is today.
Nassau jailbreaker still wanted 30 years later

I sent in FOIA requests to NYC requesting mugshots of David Stuart (if they still have them). Even though there is a strong likelihood it's not him.

In the meantime I've been thinking more about Quartieri, and even though there are some differences like height etc. I def now see a strong resemblance in the chain and eyes between his photo and the recon. Esp. in the two on the right you've posted.

I think he should be shortlisted for now.

I conversed via email today with both NAMUS and the NYPD.

NAMUS is claiming that are not authorized to release a picture of Stuart. While the NYPD detective I talked to said he doesn't have one.

Once the government shutdown is over I'll try the Manhattan DA and the FBI field office.

The only thing I found on David Stuart were the Articles I had sent you early on.. I am finally on the thread and up to date..Now that I see that he was wearing the star of david bracelet I don't think its him..

Also here is the computer generated image created by the Pennsylvania State Police.

83_170UMPA.jpg
I just noticed the computer generated image.. looks like a totally different guy.. He looks much younger to me also, sort of reminds me of jimmy smits when he was thinner. Come to think about it, they all look different.

83_170UMPA.jpg

170UMPA1.jpg

170UMPA3.jpg

170UMPA7.jpg

I came across this guy missing since 1993. He had been in prison for 5 yrs for Grand Larceny.. His stats are in range and he looks to me sort of like the reconstruction bust. It says he went missing in jeans but he could of just disappeared to start someplace else. I don't know..it's prob not him but stranger things have happened.

WDPonder.jpg
WDPonder1.jpg

Name: William Dean Ponder
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: August 28, 1993
Location Last Seen: Chesnee, Spartanburg County, South Carolina

Physical Description
Date of Birth: September 23, 1951
Race: White
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 190 lbs.
Hair Color: Red/Auburn
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Goes by his middle name, Dean
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Wears glasses, He is described as being depressed but was not on medication

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: T-shirt and faded jeans
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Tennis shoes

Circumstances of Disappearance
Dean Ponder, who lived at 6851 Parris Bridge Road, disappeared after a night with friends at nearby J's Tavern. He was last seen in the company of an acquaintance, on Parris Bridge Road in Spartanburg County. Friends told police they dropped him off at Martin Feed Mill.

Ponder's father reported him missing on September 2. Dean Ponder had been out of prison for only two months when he vanished. He was released on parole in 1993 from the SC Department of Corrections after serving half of a 5-year sentence for grand larceny.

Years after he disappeared, Dean Ponder was declared legally dead. Foul play is suspected.

I came across this guy missing since Jan 1993.. I know it does not fit the exact time frame But this guy is from PA.
Now what caught my eye was his Nose, it is prominent like all the ones on the recon and his stats are in range. Also he was an attorney with a law office which could explain his expensive clothing. Lastly he has a substance abuse problem so he could of owed some one money.. just a speculation. Don't know about the dental plate.

DBranton.jpg
DBranton1.jpg

Name: David Lee Branton
Missing Since: January 7, 1993
Location Last Seen: Allentown, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania

Physical Description
Date of Birth: July 17, 1960
Weight: 170 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Not Available

Clothing: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Branton was last seen leaving the Allentown Racquetball Club at Sixth and Union Streets around 11 a.m. in Allentown, Pennsylvania on January 7, 1993. Branton's roommate returned to their apartment at 28 North 16th Street, in Allentown that evening and noticed David's car was parked across the street instead of its usual place behind the apartment. There was no sign of David, yet none of his clothes or his medication was missing. When Branton failed to return after a few days, his roommate called police.

Branton has a history of substance abuse and had left the area previously, but had always contacted friends or relatives to let them know he was all right. No one has reported being contacted by Branton since January 7, 1993. Police searched Branton's car and home and found no evidence regarding his disappearance. Branton is an attorney with a law office at 921 Hamilton Street.

There are copies of a number of news articles from Allentown Morning Callpertaining to Mr. Branton at his Find a Grave memorial site.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this UID have any ruleouts?

This guy from The Bronx has sort of the look (if he shaved his mustache) and hairline. I had created a thread for him a while ago but I just remembered him.

JConsentino.jpg

Joseph Consentino
Missing since July 17, 1994 from New York City, New York.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: January 16, 1954
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 45 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0"; 180 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Stocky build; light complexion.
    • Marks, Scars: Scar on face.

Consentino was last seen at 23.00 on July 17, 1994 at 2441 Yates Avenue in the Bronx, New York.
NY - NY - Joseph Consentino, 45, Bronx, 17 July 1994

Last edited:
This guy is from New Jersey

CAZahl.jpg

Name: Christopher Allen Zahl
Missing Since: May 12, 1994
Location Last Seen: Holmdel, Monmouth County, New Jersey

Physical Description
Date of Birth: January 11, 1951
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on right knee, Blood type A positive

Identifiers
DNA: Available

Clothing: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Watch and key chain

Christopher Zahl was last seen in Holmdel, New Jersey on May 12, 1994. His vehicle was found the next day at a train station in Red Bank, New Jersey. Foul play is possible.

I came across this guy missing since 1993. He had been in prison for 5 yrs for Grand Larceny.. His stats are in range and he looks to me sort of like the reconstruction bust. It says he went missing in jeans but he could of just disappeared to start someplace else. I don't know..it's prob not him but stranger things have happened.

WDPonder.jpg
WDPonder1.jpg

Name: William Dean Ponder
Missing Since: August 28, 1993
Location Last Seen: Chesnee, Spartanburg County, South Carolina

Physical Description
Date of Birth: September 23, 1951
Weight: 190 lbs.
Hair Color: Red/Auburn
Nickname/Alias: Goes by his middle name, Dean
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Wears glasses, He is described as being depressed but was not on medication

Identifiers

Clothing: T-shirt and faded jeans
Additional Personal Items: Tennis shoes

Dean Ponder, who lived at 6851 Parris Bridge Road, disappeared after a night with friends at nearby J's Tavern. He was last seen in the company of an acquaintance, on Parris Bridge Road in Spartanburg County. Friends told police they dropped him off at Martin Feed Mill.

Ponder's father reported him missing on September 2. Dean Ponder had been out of prison for only two months when he vanished. He was released on parole in 1993 from the SC Department of Corrections after serving half of a 5-year sentence for grand larceny.

Years after he disappeared, Dean Ponder was declared legally dead. Foul play is suspected.

Ruled out by PSP 12/12/13. Mr Ponder does/did not have a dental appliance.

Edited to correct year.

Last edited:
I came across this guy missing since Jan 1993.. I know it does not fit the exact time frame But this guy is from PA.
Now what caught my eye was his Nose, it is prominent like all the ones on the recon and his stats are in range. Also he was an attorney with a law office which could explain his expensive clothing. Lastly he has a substance abuse problem so he could of owed some one money.. just a speculation. Don't know about the dental plate.

DBranton.jpg
DBranton1.jpg

Name: David Lee Branton

RSBM

David Branton was submitted to LE in May 2005. There was some back and forth between myself and LE about DNA. At the time, it wasn't available for UID or David. I also think that David's dentals weren't available at that time (based on emails from 2010 & 2013 between myself, LE, NamUs/forensic dentist).

Anyway, UID doesn't show as a rule-out for David but that might not show since there are no rule-outs publically showing for UID. I have no emails definitively ruling out David.

Personally, I don't think Turkeyfoot JD and David are one and the same. Timing doesn't work for me. But if someone else wants to submit this possible match, feel free to do so. Oh, and I'm fairly certain Allentown PD no longer has David's case and that it's now being handled by PSP.

CCJD thanks for all the info!!! Do you know if the Turkeyfoot UID has a ruleout list. Thank you!!

CCJD thanks for all the info!!! Do you know if the Turkeyfoot UID has a ruleout list. Thank you!!

I would imagine that they do but not that I'm privy to. All I have is what I'm digging out of old emails and notes from phone calls that I jotted down on files (yes, I keep paper files on all PA uids). The number of possible matches that I'm aware of is woefully small. Consentino and Aiello were both suggested in the past but I don't know if they were submitted. They weren't by me.

I haven't communicated with PSP about this case in a long time - I've had no reason to. In the time that it was particularly active, there were probably 3 or 4 troopers assigned to the case in succession (they'd retire, transfer to another station, etc). And today, I don't know who has the case. No trooper's name is listed on the NamUs casefile, just the general phone number. It also bugs the heck out of me that there are no images in NamUs - the recons, the clothing, the crucifix ... Methinks the Turkeyfoot gent's case is collecting dust.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back