PA - Mass shooting, five adults & unborn child dead, Wilkinsburg, March 2016

Siblings Jerry Shelton, 35, Brittany Powell, 27, and Chanetta Powell, 25, were gunned down during a backyard barbecue. Chanetta Powell's unborn son, Demetrius, died as well.

so is Cheron Shelton a cousin? half brother? uncle?

news just said this guy is NO RELATIVE to the victims.................he is 29. WTAE news

WTAE TV still reporting Shelton only questioned.............could an angle be to show shooters he may of talked?
searching home in HOMEWOOD...........his prints are on ammo and firearms, probation says no firearms allowed, 1 gun was stolen.............
investigating court findings...reporter Bob Mayo

mother of 3 victims was interviewed and she never heard of Cheron Shelton.

Remember the "Ace & Ace" unknown guests? LaMont Powell shot 4 times? Children in house playing. Birthday party?
Sincerely hoping the witnesses talk and ID the perps so the victims can get justice. 11 children are left in a grandma's care, they will need answers.
Sitting here wondering who the lawyers will be when they lawyer up...........

KDKATV just announced not enough evidence yet to make any arrests.............also 1 victim is out of the hospital...........no name given.

KDKA news (no link yet) Howard Hayes reported the guns in Sheldon's house do not seem related to the massacre. 2 people including his baby mama and a man arrested for hiding him. Names were given but I was in the kitchen. Hoping link comes up soon...........it was an informative report.
twitter........
Lamont Powell, who was injured in the Wilkinsburg shooting is out of the hospital, now in the jail infirmary. Powell is in jail on an assault warrant from December
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More

A Colt model M4 carbine semi-automatic, a semi-automatic rifle that contained Cheron Shelton's fingerprint, along with ammunition, a bag with more live rounds, a rifle scope, gun parts and a bullet proof vest, were all found inside the residence, the criminal complaint stated.

As a convicted felon, Cheron Shelton is not allowed to have a firearm. He is charged with illegal possession of a firearm and receiving stolen property, as tests showed the .22 was reported stolen from Uniontown.

Channel 11’s Rick Earle also learned that Cheron Shelton's girlfriend, Chanel Falls, and her father, Adrien Falls, are charged with hindering apprehension. Cheron Shelton was at their home when he was arrested Friday.

While no one has been charged in the case, multiple law enforcement sources told Channel 11 News Friday that the shooting may have been in retaliation for the murder of Calvin Doswell in 2013 in Lincoln-Lemington.

Sources told Earle that Lamont Powell, the name of one of the Wilkinsburg shooting victims who survived, surfaced in connection with the investigation into Doswell’s death. No one was ever charged in the case.http://www.wpxi.com/news/man-on-allegheny-countys-most-wanted-list-in-custody/179512810

the shooting happened in the 1300-block of Oberlin Street around 11 p.m.
Calvin Doswell on the ground with gunshot wounds to the chest.

Witnesses told police that Doswell was fighting with two African-American males prior to the shooting.
The suspect wearing the red hoodie allegedly pulled out a pistol and shot Doswell multiple times.
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/10/15/police-probe-shooting-in-homewood-2/

My goodness I looked up the neighborhood . The only images that came back on google images were pics of police , carjacking, arson,murders, mugshots.............

https://www.google.com/search?q=Lin...ved=0ahUKEwit9eeYvt3LAhUDTCYKHdf-CWUQ_AUICCgD

It is so bad there that I have never been in that areas like Wilkensburg, Lincoln Lemmington, homewood...........the residents stick together and no matter how bad the crime they will not tell on each other. IMOO there are good people stuck there, mostly elderly. Drugs, guns, murders, gangs are rampid.
The police seem in danger also. LE really tries to clean those areas up.
Crimes makes the 'burgh look so bad.
This is my local news and a murder a day in such areas is common. WTAE TV anchor Wendy Bell got in trouble for a facebook rant, but she told it like it is.

LaMont Powell now bailed out and is on the streets again. This is getting very interesting..........http://www.wtae.com/news/wilkinsburg-ambush-survivor-out-of-hospital-in-jail/38699356

In some ways IMO although a "story" in some places at some times media maybe could hold back for the safety of the area. Sure would some people know he made bail- in all liklihood, but declaring it on all local nedia just seems to put a bunch of people at risk. Use seom jugement calls geezzzz

Its obviouly a crime ridden area, if none of the shells match they should be reporting that, it changes the "find" as it results to this case. Would assume not , however cause he has not been charged in this crime if I am clear on the info.

Forensics would be able to say for sure that the casings matched instead of the reporter stating he had some bullets that kinda sorta resembled some of the shells at the crime scene.

Imo it reeks somewhat of politics, like we are really closing in on the perp in this nationwide awful tradegy. I think if none of this occurred the "maybe" perp being charged on that kinda crime might not even be newsworty, happens 2.4 million times a day across the nation.

Seems like the script for the piece was written carefully - basiclly playing on words to some degree. Would a person having some bullets that may be like some other bullets make it into another story.

Its kinda like saying that some car that kinda was the sameish blue of the car being sought in a getway....IMoo kinda doing some streching here. If the casings, and weapons matched he would be charged with this crime INO

The fact that he has not IMO means that the weapons found in this guys apt don't kinda , sort of, poassibly, have much to do with anything other than he lived in a crime ridden area and had parteaked in breaking the law in other domains.

It also would seem in this day and age as far as DNA goes the three people fighting and slugging each other , grabbing each other in the fight 3 years ago might have a DNA comppnent to it. Lamont now arrested, seems as if , if the DNA from the earlier conflict had been saved, Lamont might be able to be directly linked to that shooting resulting in much more creditibility to the ambush in terms of revenge - again it seems like there is some "stuff" happening only because of the atrocity of the assulat and resultant national coverage mooo not saying any conspiracy stuff ....possibly just about giving thepublic the notion that this may be close to being solved.

I still am hung up regarding the wild murdering of so many females, as to custudy iss ue being the culprit. Some guy in a different part of the city, involved in an incident three years ago is still monitoring this family and knew about a BBQ going on at 958 on some night??

Three years ago is a pretty long time to be waiting to retailate, a drive by 2 years ago would have handled that.

Granted not that far from each other, (14 min (3.1 mi) via Lemington Ave, Brushton Ave and Center St) but how realistic is it to be able to "monitor" activiies 3 miles away, after years have passed, in the murder of the other guy.

would you know that someone you dispise is holding a BBQ 3 miles from you? We don't know, or do we, that FB post regarding the BBQ went out only to family/friedns on whoevers FB page it was that posted it.

It appearred to be a close family unit, so I would kinda doubt that a family member who knew the BBQ was going to happen that night would give the dude a ring a dingy (!) informing him that everyone is goig to be outside that night.

At this point in time it certainly does not seem LE has much "data" to really connect the two events. Probably in answer to some interview questions some might have said XX hate Lamont, but that is kinda a stretch to go slaughter a bunch of people in the back IMO

All I am sayimg is I think there is a lot of streching going on here. I wonder if LE really thing it was that other guy, who they know is gonna be out would ask the media to maybe hold on to Lamonts being "out".

CARIIS,
good post and many good points.
I get the hinky meter feeling that LE wants Powell as bait out on the streets.
LaMont must not be afraid.........tells me he knows, maybe LE protection?
since so many in the area can be booked on gun violations, parole violations, drugs etc, maybe LE is rounding up anyone who might make a deal. Maybe to scare the real perps?
social media was open to public on several of the victims posts............therefore anyone could view, tell.
IMOO I really think this massacre (family style) was full of HATE. Retaliation would be man to man type out in the streets. IMOO not a whole family and women. This is beyond evil. If LP was the target, he was only hit 4 times and lived so IMO I do not think he was the real target.
I would venture that the person with the most wounds would be the target? overkill......
15 people (& unborn baby) there and 10 are alive. Children inside safe. Neighbors, witnesses.............very interesting to see how this end up.

Passion!

I want you to know that last night I was so grateful you got me caught up and Thank you! It is an appaling deal here. Brussels over powered this, understandably but this is disgusting.And there is something that bugs me here. I feel like I am being sexist - all life is life, but there is just something gross to me about blowing away a bunch of females. What is that about, for me, I keep asking myself. But it is there. And that is why it makes me go for cutusdy stuff.

Superficial? Maybe. Huh?

"social media was open to public on several of the victims" : I do not do any of this stuff. Is this something one"sets" on every post? Do a lot of people just put it on "everyone can read" or whatrever it is called? Why would one do that? What % of people on these things are just posted to the world? How would anyone even know to "get" that post? If one knew someone, who was a nasty person,hateful, why on earth would they not post something just to people they trust.

It seemed like a connected family, so if it turns out to be this creep I would think there would be an awareness that this person harbors some really dark stuff. That would make me careful about posting anything the whole world can see. To me it strikes me like a somestic violence deal - why would a victim announce where they are going to be and when?

What if someone dispised french toast? Why not only send it to friends that you know won't kill you if you posted some french toast in a post!ll just bafFles me.

And in this day and age it seems like it would make people, careful. I am not talking paranoia I am talking one does not know if there are french toast serial killers out there - why deal with it!

"there and 10 are alive. Children inside safe. Neighbors, witnesses.............very interesting to s" And there have been no interviews, like someone there who actually desscribed what they experinced. I get no one on TV announcing the names of the shooters. But all those people and not one(except grandma) "I was sitting there, I was talking to X. And I heard a boom I looked up and saw what I thought was someone with a gun.

I heard *advertiser censored*. I then xx, then xx. Nothing. The only conclusion I can come up with a huge distrust with the whole establishment, But at the same time it also feels like that there are a lot of folks there that night that kinda know who and why.

Until you said it, and it resonated for me, using him for bait also has a repulsive taste to it as well. Ans sarcastically --Le enforcement you dont even need to , sadly , solve this anymore- Brusselss and the elcection have overpowered this.So using someone else to "solve" is even more "cruel'

In America we tend to have a short attn span. And sadly I think another Brussels is coming soon, so this story is even gonna get more burried. If solved, it will end up on page 14 two paragraphs. Same with ZAch. Nothing.

O/T: Also, do you think a famiiy can "control" the release of the tox screen on Zach? We all know it has to be done by now.

You are not sexist Cariis.......something about the victims being mostly women. Did the men run faster? Did the men know the gunmen? If so how cowardly to leave the women on the porch being shot. Something very sinister. A VERY pregnant woman to boot.
The part of the 'burgh truely hates the LE. They are in their own world of crime.
Yes IMOO it looks like everyone is related through extended families that are so large hey do not really know each other.
The schools cannot be controlled............even girls are fighting and hurting each other.
They do not blame parenting...........they blame the school.
Gangs are there. Hate is there.
True Brussels, elections and so much crime.

Great posts and thoughts! I thought the same, that 3 years is a long time to wait for retribution, this seems like something that happened recently, these are brutal people who did this. This is over money or drugs or both. I also agree with you about Zapala running around planting lines in the press that really says nothing. Just doesn't want to look bad, really his career does hang on this, you cannot have a 48% solve/take to court rate. I wonder what his conviction rate is -Zapala...anyone know? if solve rate is 48%, then convict rate must be even lower...

Great reporter/great writer IMO

http://www.wpxi.com/news/survivor-o...acing-charges-for-december-incident/183926765

I did not know SWAT was invoved in this guys arrest:

Friday morning, with the assistance of Pittsburgh SWAT and the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force, Shelton was taken into custody at a home on Hartmans Lane in Lincoln-Lemington.

Then another piece said
Police said he surrendered without incident at the home of Chanel Falls and her father, Adrien Falls, on Hartma

I think it is safe to assume LE thought he was a pretty bad dude!

He is actually a real charner. Most wanted, kept a bullet proof vest in his home.......humm in thinking about it does it not sound like he may someone who would somethig a hideous as this??

2007 open lewdness/illigal gun
2008 disorderly conduct and escape
2010 simple assault (whatever that is!
2013 recieving stolen/drug poss
simple assault

He bailed out about a month before the slaughter.

I missed this wording: "But, it was the homicide investigaation which led ,three days after the killings, searching the home where this guy was.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/03/25/man-being-questioned-in-connection-with-wilkinsburg-mass-shooting/

Just bizaire!! Dudes aremed to death- on his window in that apt, are little decals that are like I dont know dancing teddybears or something! Casper the ghost maybe !!!Looks "danty" to me !

The rifle found in the home had been stolen in a burglary in June

probation violation.

Dancing teddy bears? Like the Grateful Dead Bears?

Also, what do you all think of Wendy Bell getting fired for her comments on FB?
http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/10228748-74/wtae-bell-post

Great reporter/great writer IMO

http://www.wpxi.com/news/survivor-o...acing-charges-for-december-incident/183926765

I did not know SWAT was invoved in this guys arrest:

Friday morning, with the assistance of Pittsburgh SWAT and the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force, Shelton was taken into custody at a home on Hartmans Lane in Lincoln-Lemington.

Then another piece said
Police said he surrendered without incident at the home of Chanel Falls and her father, Adrien Falls, on Hartma

I think it is safe to assume LE thought he was a pretty bad dude!

He is actually a real charner. Most wanted, kept a bullet proof vest in his home.......humm in thinking about it does it not sound like he may someone who would somethig a hideous as this??

2007 open lewdness/illigal gun
2008 disorderly conduct and escape
2010 simple assault (whatever that is!
2013 recieving stolen/drug poss
simple assault

He bailed out about a month before the slaughter.

I missed this wording: "But, it was the homicide investigaation which led ,three days after the killings, searching the home where this guy was.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/03/25/man-being-questioned-in-connection-with-wilkinsburg-mass-shooting/

Just bizaire!! Dudes aremed to death- on his window in that apt, are little decals that are like I dont know dancing teddybears or something! Casper the ghost maybe !!!Looks "danty" to me !

The rifle found in the home had been stolen in a burglary in June

probation violation.

this is mere speculation on my part but as I am a former resident of the Wilkinsburg area then of course you know the gossip that goes on in the community. as far as a Revenge killing I would think the distraint that 2 years and 5 months have passed since Lamont Powell was questioned about the Calvin Doswell case. alsoone of the dogs Wells died in December 2015 in the mother dyed 24 days later. so I doubt very seriously if they would wait two years and five months and the death of two of their family members to seek revenge. It doesn't make sense. maybe they need to look a little bit deeper into Daniel coatsand his wife. I say that because they were in a custody battle with channetta over her eight month old daughter. why would a married man try to get custody of an 8 month old child. also was the child she was currently carryingi Daniel Coates?just some food for thought

Good thoughts, and maybe it was just a fight between families, and they really haven't said who the father of the baby that was killed....hmmm, didn't want to pay child support? Fight in December, with Lamont involved... who knows, but I wish they would arrest someone...I mean, the community seems to care more about getting Wendy Bell fired than they do about finding these murderers.

this is mere speculation on my part but as I am a former resident of the Wilkinsburg area then of course you know the gossip that goes on in the community. as far as a Revenge killing I would think the distraint that 2 years and 5 months have passed since Lamont Powell was questioned about the Calvin Doswell case. alsoone of the dogs Wells died in December 2015 in the mother dyed 24 days later. so I doubt very seriously if they would wait two years and five months and the death of two of their family members to seek revenge. It doesn't make sense. maybe they need to look a little bit deeper into Daniel coatsand his wife. I say that because they were in a custody battle with channetta over her eight month old daughter. why would a married man try to get custody of an 8 month old child. also was the child she was currently carryingi Daniel Coates?just some food for thought

Beamer15 We should start a thread on Wendy Bell.
To make a short point..........I enjoy her.
But she is a reporter........just the facts
Wendy should of put many of her blogs on a personal blog and not part of WTAE's.
Rumor says she was warned over and over.
I will miss her, honestly what I read was the truth about the area. Racist? IDK?
She praised a decent young man as she told the truth about drugs, gangs, unemployment of some young people (all races)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back