PA - Matthew Almond Pistelli, 54 - Accused of Theft of a One Ton Church Bell - Pittsburgh, Allegheny County - 12 February 2023

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score

23 March (Lower) Court Date

Trib Live:

CBS News:

Some PA Court DocketS:
&

Google™ Supplements & Updates:

1678233080444.png

CCTV = Closed Circuit Tele-Vision
Ton = 2,000 Pounds

Last edited:

23 March (Lower) Court Date

Trib Live:

CBS News:

Some PA Court DocketS:
&

Google™ Supplements & Updates:

View attachment 407716

CCTV = Closed Circuit Tele-Vision
Ton = 2,000 Pounds

From the 2nd source:
Squirrel Hill's Brown Ames Church bell, which was cast in 1908, was stolen from the Turner Cemetery. Police later located the 115-year-old bell along Parkwood Road in the city's St. Clair neighborhood....

The bell is now safe and sound, though it's missing the yoke and there's a small slice in the side.

It has since been taken to an undisclosed location and church trustees said it's either going to get a permanent display stand at the cemetery or play a part in a new church parishioners want to build.

2000 pounds! Was the perp drunk or what?

From the 2nd source:
Squirrel Hill's Brown Ames Church bell, which was cast in 1908, was stolen from the Turner Cemetery. Police later located the 115-year-old bell along Parkwood Road in the city's St. Clair neighborhood....

The bell is now safe and sound, though it's missing the yoke and there's a small slice in the side.

It has since been taken to an undisclosed location and church trustees said it's either going to get a permanent display stand at the cemetery or play a part in a new church parishioners want to build.

2000 pounds! Was the perp drunk or what?

Maybe not drunk. According to the link above, he used a fork lift and a trailer. That must have been a bit of work.
At least he stole something interesting!

This site never fails to surprise me. Do scrapyards take something like this without question? Was he planning yard decor? I have to have a permit just to take cans to be recycled so I’m lost on this dude’s intentions.

Maybe not drunk. According to the link above, he used a fork lift and a trailer. That must have been a bit of work.
At least he stole something interesting!
I like to place my faith in the power of the human spirit to overcome, but maybe I've misplaced it because I never meant to place that faith into operating a forklift while drunk to steal a church bell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back