GUILTY PA - Michelle Kalina charged in deaths of 5 newborns, Reading, 2010

I read some of Jeff's discussions on the "Bipolar" wall. Wow.

Wonder if the babies belonged to the 18 yr old?

What is it with the women stashing dead babies around their houses? This is becoming far too common. Makes you wonder just how many people have babies stashed in their houses that haven't been discovered. Pretty darn creepy.

I read some of Jeff's discussions on the "Bipolar" wall. Wow.

Wonder if the babies belonged to the 18 yr old?

Yeah, I've read them. Poor guy. I'd like to think he didn't have anything to do with it, but how could he not? He lived there too. But it was him and the daughter that called police. Have to wonder what brought that on.

Was looking at her court history, it seems Michele has had a few bad check charges, 1995, 2002, and 2003 theft by deception, receiving stolen property. Lots of traffic/parking violations. ( I do NOT want to park in Berks Co., they seem to love expired meters) No drug charges. Wondering out loud if finances were a factor, like can't afford another mouth to feed. One of the links alludes they're not done looking, makes me think they should be looking at other places they've lived. Filly, did you see where in Philly she lived?

What is it with the women stashing dead babies around their houses? This is becoming far too common. Makes you wonder just how many people have babies stashed in their houses that haven't been discovered. Pretty darn creepy.

I was thinking the same thing. Since when did babies become so disposable. I know there are a disturbing news stories reported every day, but this one gets to me. I have three little boys, including a 1 year old. I just can't imagine.

Another dead baby has been found in Kalina's closet. The investigator said that it would be foolish "to narrow it down to just Mrs. Kalina," a choice of words I take to mean that they are also investigating her husband. Good call, he has to know something. Any theories on this yet, guys? Were they hers or did she kill other people's children?

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/More-Infant-Remains-Found-In-Reading

:eek: What....... :eek: is this in addition to the two they already found???

Off to read now.

ETA: Good Lord, I hope they have checked every single closet in that house. And this one was in concrete..WTF

Get out. Hey, she lived in Philly so who knows I may have walked past her house or something at one point.:eek:

O/T Athy don't you miss Wawa?

oh god yes i do along with philly cheese steaks and also, don't know if you know of them but panzarottis. it may be more of a NJ thing...around camden county area. i miss wawa coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like that better than dunkin donuts or starbucks.

Was looking at her court history, it seems Michele has had a few bad check charges, 1995, 2002, and 2003 theft by deception, receiving stolen property. Lots of traffic/parking violations. ( I do NOT want to park in Berks Co., they seem to love expired meters) No drug charges. Wondering out loud if finances were a factor, like can't afford another mouth to feed. One of the links alludes they're not done looking, makes me think they should be looking at other places they've lived. Filly, did you see where in Philly she lived?

Reading has parking meters every where. if you park in front of your house you have to feed the meter during the day. its only free after 6 pm until 7 or 8 am forget which and on weekends. so i can see how she got those tickets easily. i know i had a few. you also get one if you don't move your car on the day they come by and clean the street which is once a week.

Was someone performing abortions here or what? I am lost...

Shades of Nancy Garrido. Wonder if we will hear what a good worker she is?

Husband had to know imho as she would have shown by 5 months.

Also, I would bet facebook pic is of their daughter. This woman looks very very ill.

Judging by the clothes and the Winnie the Pooh costume, I'd say this is from the early 90s. I'm kind of a Disney World freak, but Winnie looks different now. And it is WDW, the table in the background is in the Crystal Palace in the MK.

She does look terrifyingly insane, which I guess has happened over time.

To the poster who said finances may be an issue, the husband has been ill, on oxygen for years as a reaction to a bipolar medication. He didn't work for their child's entire lifetime, as evidenced by his FB occupations. I would say a family of three living on a health care aide's salary is totally undoable.

Did anyone ever read "The Face on the Milk Carton?" That couple kidnapped a baby because they couldn't have one of their own. My theory: she goes crazy when her son dies and kidnaps and murders babies because hers is gone. Why else would she encase a baby in concrete?? So no one could find it.

Or less dramatically, some cultures encase the dead in concrete before burial. So these remains could have come from a graveyard. She hears about a young child that died on the news, goes to the cemetery and digs them up to "save" them. I had a Science teacher in middle school who it was rumored kept dead animals in a freezer to save them.

I once thought they were biologically hers, but now there's three. That theory is becoming less likely.

Sorry to spam this thread, but I think I missed my calling big time. Or I read too many Harlan Coben, Mary Higgins Clark, etc. novels. But she posted this on someone's Facebook.

"Michele Kalina You are so right. Who cares how many women this man slept with and how his wife is acting. There is so much more important stuff to worry about, like some poor man whose mother did not have enough money to bury him or people who can't pay their rent. Not someone's over indulgence. We need to focus on real problems in this world"

Don't know if she's referring to herself or not, but an odd example nonetheless.

Yep, it took me awhile to find where they had lived Snack's.

Well at least it says the husband lived there. It was under his name. Apartment up on Woodhaven Road. Found that in one of them PDA files.

That lady who said she knew MK because she took care of her mother when she had Alzheimer's, right? She said the Kalina's had a son who died and she was devastated by it. I looked on Legacy.com and Obit finders and can't find anything for a young person with that last name. I realize not all folks get obits, but I wonder does that lady know for certain there truly was a son? She said she saw a picture. Michelle Kalina always carried a picture around of the son.

Hey, y'all know I don't trust anyone. You can show me a photo and tell me it's your millionaire husband. It's very sad, but I got way jaded from having a lunatic live directly next door to me. ******Note when somebody keeps constantly drawing attention to something and you have nver asked it's a sure bet they are lying their hinney off. My old neighbor constantly would tell me how wonderful how her husband was doing down in Florida. She'd produce photos of him tan and buff. I never gave a flip. Got my own business to deal with. All along the dude was in prison. I could care less as long he didn't hurt kids. Obviously it bothered her pathologically lying self to run out in the yard with a picture going "See, look at Jim. Don't he look good? He's making so much money in Florida it's worth it we don't see him for a year"************** Yeah, yeah turned into five years or so and when he left the baby was a few months old. Heck, he supposedly came home to visit often and we all just happened to miss him.

Point being maybe Michelle Kalina didn't have a son? Maybe it was a diversion from the remains in her closet? Maybe they better go check that apaprtment up on Woodhaven Road.

He wrote it about a month ago in a response to a girl saying she didn't remember what she did the night before. Apparently, the daughter didn't remember doing this. I don't know, this case just hit close to home when I heard this psycho had a daughter and a bipolar husband. The love of my life grew up in a crazy family that abused her and neglected her and she's been through so much just to get over it. I really am praying for the daughter. Shaving her head, my God! That's a cry for help/attention.

He wrote it about a month ago in a response to a girl saying she didn't remember what she did the night before. Apparently, the daughter didn't remember doing this. I don't know, this case just hit close to home when I heard this psycho had a daughter and a bipolar husband. The love of my life grew up in a crazy family that abused her and neglected her and she's been through so much just to get over it. I really am praying for the daughter. Shaving her head, my God! That's a cry for help/attention.

SV, I am so very sorry your loved one has suffered. She is very Blessed to have you in her life now. I'm very glad she is working through it. It's almost uncomprehensable to us folks that have no idea just how wicked life can be.

It's really weird that the dad would relay something almost directly related ya know? The closet? Organizing. Maybe it was a way for this lady to control her poor DD?

One has to wonder who lives in that apartment in Philly up on Woodhaven?

oh god yes i do along with philly cheese steaks and also, don't know if you know of them but panzarottis. it may be more of a NJ thing...around camden county area. i miss wawa coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like that better than dunkin donuts or starbucks.

Panzarottis. I call them inside outs. ;) We used to get them somewhere on Oregon Avenue. I'm not Italian, but dated plenty of them.:dance: Wawa cofee is addicting. BTW, I had Tony Luke's twice this week. Roast Pork.

I know this a serious, serious thread, but sometimes we throw something out there to take away from the devastating nature of the crime to keep our own sanity.

Agreeing with SonoViva this lady looks waaaaay out there including her and Winnie. I wouldn't get on her bad side.

Meanwhile I know the Mr. hasn't been employed due to illness. However, I'm finding in Berks County a center there where a person by that exact name is the peer counselor. Unfortunately there is a Medical Doctor by the same name as his, but this isn't a Doctor. It's in a PDF file which I don't open as they slow down my computer. I googled his name and Berks County.

One has to wonder who lives in that apartment in Philly up on Woodhaven?
If they knew they'd probably be tearing the place apart looking, I would. Waiting to see where else they search. Gotta get the sharp provolone on Tony Luke's sandwiches, haven't been in awhile, maybe next week.

Also, I just checked her FB page and she's been playing that silly fortune cookie game. Isn't she in jail?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back