PA - Mother Jumps from Bridge - Three Children Left in Car - Allegheny County - Friday, 14 June 2019

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Richrd, Jun 15, 2019.

1. muggles63

muggles63 Active Member

Thank you for putting that so well

2. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Bravo for you and to you!!
    Glad you're with us here on Websleuths, too! :)

3. Bugurl747

Bugurl747 Well-Known Member

Mother who jumped from Homestead Grays Bridge was raising three children alone

Neighbors of a McKees Rocks woman who jumped to her death from the Homestead Grays Bridge Friday said she was a dedicated mother, but was raising three children alone, including one who was born prematurely.

Ms. Holbrook, who lived in a five-bedroom apartment on Church Avenue for around three years, recently had a child who was born prematurely, according to neighbors. Ms. Holbrook stuck close to her children, neighbors said, especially through the many hospital visits required to care for the child.

Neighbors said they believed Ms. Holbrook had received services from a local psychiatric facility; UPMC spokeswoman Susan Manko said patient privacy law prevents her from commenting.

Lynette said Ms. Holbrook would also often babysit other kids in addition to caring for her own.

Ms. Holbrook's mother often helped take care of the three kids, Ms. D'amico said. Ms. Holbrook’s mother could not be reached for comment.

Neighbors said Ms. Holbrook's children are with their grandmother.

Stanlee Holbrook Obituary (2019) | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Death / Obituary : Allyn Holbrook, 26, of McKees Rocks, Mckees Woman Leaves three kids in car, jumps from homestead grays bridge. - Death Records

borndem, AzPistonsGirl and Richrd like this.
  4. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Three kids at 26 with one of those born premature recently. Raising them alone.
    I can’t imagine trying to do that without my partner’s help and support.
    Where the heck are the fathers of these children?

SugarQueen likes this.
  5. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

Sadly I do too , when the urge hits you sometimes it takes over before you change your mind , and when manic and in a rage it does not matter if you have the best support system in the world unless someone is around 24/7 Poor woman I'm sure she felt in her head a complete panic , I am very lucky my husband watches me like a hawk and I rarely go places alone and when I snap he's there , when I was younger my friends always thought he smothered me or was jealous , insecure or something to that effect but its literally to keep me from jumping off a bridge , I feel so bad for this Woman it was an impulse decision and she really needed someone to reel her in and she didn't have that at the most important moment. I don't know what a solution is to this, I just don't think there is one . Thank you Ursamajr you have a deep understanding and sound like you know it well :(

6. sloane7777

OK and this comment I kinda feel I need to print it out for people who don't get it and carry multiple copies around , Thank you Gitana !!!

7. Ursamajr

Ursamajr haunter of the woods

The past page really has my hopes up that one day mental illness wont be whispered about behind closed doors. I know there have been major strides towards that in the past 10 to 20 years but still, it remains largely ignored. That said, I hope that these children are able to receive the help they most surely will need to move through this. Much love to everyone in the thread and beyond.

sloane7777, borndem and Bugurl747 like this.
  8. sloane7777

Thank you, you are a good human!

9. MollyDDD

MollyDDD Well-Known Member

Most are in prison.

10. chasing.halos

chasing.halos Where is Kyron, Terri?

Thank you x a million.

Ursamajr and gitana1 like this.