Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Richrd, Aug 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waroman

Waroman Member

Police interviewed witnesses, which would certainly include the friend, if his story matches the father's what else do you want from the friend? Right now finding the girl is most important so it's best to stay focused on the woman that took her and finding people and video/ pictures of her during the time she was gone. And not distract from the search by focusing on people police have interviewed and not arrested or mentioned.

2. Curious Guy

Curious Guy Well-Known Member

Just asking because I'm completely unfamiliar with it but is there a market for 1 and 2 year olds????
    I can't even begin to imagine

HayLouise, cass523, happyday and 6 others like this.
  3. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

4. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

This is the Sheetz in Delmont where she was found on surveillance cameras. This place is always packed and it sits on a busy highway. If she was there "exchanging" a child, she would have been seen by many people.
    Google Maps: Report Inappropriate Image

<modsnip: Do not make accusations against non POI/suspect>

It rained in Western PA very heavily last night. Many places flooded with 5 inches of rain. I hope this child wasn't thrown into a drainage ditch while strapped into her car seat.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2019
  5. TristanP

TristanP Well-Known Member

It would have to be a pretty organized situation with several pieces in place all the time, because she couldn’t possibly have found a “buyer” and been able to drop the baby off in 15 minutes.

I don’t believe the story about the father selling her, but I also don’t see how it would be possible for her to have arranged a transaction so quickly.

I really feel like the whole trafficking angle is a huge mid-direction while something else entirely is going on.

mjp1228, misgrn, ChiCubs2016 and 15 others like this.
  6. quidnunc247

quidnunc247 Well-Known Member

It’s often everyone’s “go to” theory, but there are very few instances of such a thing happening in real life (as opposed to how often Hollywood would have us believe.)

7. quidnunc247

I’m curious as to what things you’re referring to.

8. quidnunc247

The police didn’t pull her over until 8:00, but I agree, the trafficking angle is far-fetched at best.

misgrn, ChiCubs2016, happyday and 6 others like this.
  9. quidnunc247

I agree. I certainly don’t know all of my son’s friends.

misgrn, ChiCubs2016, cass523 and 4 others like this.
  10. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Armchair Detective

Her first call to her husband was about 5:00? Wasn't that like immediately after she drove off with Nalani?

11. Gunslinging Granny

Loyalhanna Lake is north of New Alexandria. That's where the water search team was today.
    Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 9.06.35 PM.png

12. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

Whoops, my bad.

DBM.

13. TristanP

Right, but wasn’t she at the gas station 15 min after driving away?

14. TristanP

That’s...an odd thing to hope for.

15. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

I just don't buy the selling of the baby for some reason. Until LE is able to scour every video they can at that Skeets where she went 15 minutes later and see if the baby was indeed in the vehicle with her when she pulled up there, we're at a stand still to pin this down to one or two scenarios that could have occurred.

I forget- was it official that the father called 911 right after it happened- as in, it was caught on video that the time frame matches his story? The fact that LE has established a connection between the father and Nancy tells me there's much more to this. This wasn't a random incident. If he indeed had sold his little girl, there's no way that he would have called LE to try to catch Nancy in the act, know what I mean? I wonder if the friend was an innocent bystander and insisted that he call 911? Maybe that's why LE isn't talking about the friend right now. This person, in my opinion, may be key to some of this as a witness and not involved at all.

Also, the father stated that right after him and his friend got out of the car, he was going to get Nalani out of her car seat, when Nancy took off. I mean, the door had to have been wide open, and I am sure if that was the case, someone driving by would have seen her driving with a car door open with a child there and at least honked their horn at her to pull over or something. That also doesn't jive with me for some reason- she would have had to pull over at the very least to close the door.

I really want to hear more about the friend's version of this story. It is possible that they are involved, but they could also just be one of those persons at the wrong place at the wrong time- which is why for now, I am sitting on my hands.

Nancy is insisting he sold his daughter. He's insisting she kidnapped the daughter.

Also, what were they doing in that neighborhood? Did they know a friend that lived around there? He was obviously either giving her the little girl to take away, or he was going to visit someone around that area. It was a residential area, right? Was he getting out of the car with this friend to go to that friend's house when this occurred? Where did they originally meet Nancy for the ride?

I'm really frightened that this child is not alive. I hope I am wrong and she is ok, but this story just smells like BS to me, from both sides.

16. Gunslinging Granny

It was a typo. Should say "wasn't thrown into a drainage ditch"

17. quidnunc247

He said in the interview that video chatting was how they often spoke throughout the day. There is nothing unusual about them conversing in this manner.

misgrn, abams, cass523 and 2 others like this.
  18. quidnunc247

Exactly. There’s only one person in jail at this time.

misgrn, ChiCubs2016, cass523 and 5 others like this.
  19. Blacksheep13

Blacksheep13 Active Member

No one makes it to new Alex from Monroeville in 15 min

20. Gunslinging Granny

Monroeville to Murrysville/Delmont is 15 minutes

cass523, happyday, PommyMommy and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.