Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Richrd, Aug 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waroman

Waroman Member

Sure, we all think we know how we will respond but hopefully none of us actually have to find out if we'd live up to or own hype. His initial response was disbelief, he thought it was a mistake but when she ignored multiple calls he immediately called police, instead of trying to catch the car on foot, which is what we're all told to do if something like this happens. He was at the corner they were dropped off at he didn't go home and relax before calling for help. The seat belonged to the child. It has been reported that he got out of the car where he was in the back seat with his daughter, walked around to the other side of the car to get her and her seat or but the car drove off as he was grabbing the handle. The mother has been defending the father in post on Facebook and the parents along with their families are all putting in effort to organize the same searches and get the word out so it looks like they are working together for their child. I don't know what their custody arrangements are but since the mother is defending the father it seems irrelevant.

2. September16

September16 Well-Known Member

Agree...it is too far fetched from most of what we see here.

misgrn, ChiCubs2016, abams and 6 others like this.
  3. Steph8angels

Steph8angels Eye in the Sky

I am sorry you feel that way. I was basing what I uncovered by research and based on his MSM interviews. I could care less about county of origin. And Nancy his wife brought up to LE the topic of the sale of the child and amount. Which implicates herself and with her husband giving interviews of being on the ph and video he bless his heart became a witness and started giving their bio on the media. Sale of a HUMAN IS TRAFFICKING.
    I RESPECT your feelings.
    The little girl is missing.
    And why is the husband of said driver making this about himself? No xenophobic indeed.

4. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

Yes, I read that up thread. It's just making me uneasy- such as, did her phone stay at that spot by the water for any length of time, or was it continually pinging along the route, and the water happened to be along the way? I'm thinking there must have been an area where her phone stayed in one spot for awhile. I could be wrong, though, and I do hope that I am!

misgrn, ChiCubs2016, cass523 and 9 others like this.
  5. September16

September16 Well-Known Member

Agree...was she ever really in Nancy’s car? All of it seems implausible. Would there not be witnesses of her speeding away? Then again, doesn’t LE have to have compelling evidence to press charges?

abr, misgrn, ChiCubs2016 and 5 others like this.
  6. Steelslady

LOL, sorry- my typo, which I will probably do a hundred more times in this thread, haha. Thanks for pointing that out!

misgrn, ChiCubs2016, cass523 and 5 others like this.
  7. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

Well that brings up another question, were all three ( dad, friend,Nalani) all in the back seat or did someone sit up front. I have read about this but can't discuss here. If friend was still in the car then he/she drove off with this Nancy person, that changes everything. IMO

misgrn, ChiCubs2016, cass523 and 6 others like this.
  8. claudicici

claudicici Well-Known Member

Right at least one of them must have been in the back seat with the baby presumably the dad so when he got out to unstrep the baby and the driver sped off the back door was open makes no sense

9. Steelslady

It makes you wonder, is she just an unstable woman and possibly took off with her and harmed Nalani because she is angry that her husband took their daughter with him to another country? Did she make up the story about him selling Nalani to try to justify why she bolted with Nalani in her car? If he did indeed do as she says he did, I am sure LE would have found the so called money exchanged for this child? That's why I don't believe her story. It's just not done this way.

10. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

I live in LA and mine isn’t in cursive. I guess it’s an option. Thanks!

11. gsleuth

gsleuth waiting for justice for victims

I think there has been a misunderstanding by curious guy. I understand the way Hollywood portrays these type of scenarios - is false.

misgrn, ChiCubs2016, cass523 and 4 others like this.
  12. Steph8angels

Steph8angels Eye in the Sky

Thank you for this....

misgrn, ChiCubs2016, cass523 and 5 others like this.
  13. Blsdjs

Blsdjs Member

Ohio is another. A drive from Penn Hills to Ohio wouldn’t take very long (maybe 3 hours) and Ohio is known for being a human trafficking hub.

ChiCubs2016, cass523, gsleuth and 4 others like this.
  14. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

They haven't told us why, but it has been reported that LE has reason to believe Nalani was in the car while Nancy was driving. MOO

Woman who allegedly abducted Penn. toddler arrested
    According to Allegheny County Police, during this time Nancy was driving a black Toyota Yaris with Pennsylvania plates in the areas of Blairsville near Alexandria, Del Mar and Westmoreland County, and they believe Johnson was in the car during this time.

“We have reason to believe that was the case. Again we’re trying to verify some things, and that’s why we’re seeking additional public input,” Superintendent Coleman McDonough said.

misgrn, ChiCubs2016, abams and 9 others like this.
  15. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

There’s no evidence yet that the car door nearest Nalani was actually open. The only info we have is that Dad had his hand on the door to try to take Nalani out of the car.

…..his hand on the door, and she drove off," Nalani's grandfather, Paul Johnson, said.
    AMBER ALERT PENNSYLVANIA: AMBER ALERT: Woman charged, family asking for public to help search for abducted toddler

misgrn, ChiCubs2016, cass523 and 8 others like this.
  16. PajamaSleuth

PajamaSleuth Well-Known Member

If Nancy was born in the USA, did she meet her husband in India or in the USA? How did she meet him? Was it an arranged marriage? (I have several friends in arranged marriages. They seem quite happy. They were all born and raised in the Middle East.)

Also, why did she and her parents discontinue contact with each other?

I don’t know that any of this makes any difference. I am just trying to get a bigger picture of Nancy.

misgrn, ChiCubs2016, cass523 and 7 others like this.
  17. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I haven't seen any mention of video at the time of the abduction. It's been reported that Nalani's father called 911 immediately after trying to call Nancy. LE would have verified that. LE said he was crying and visibly upset. They also said that he is assisting in the investigation and cooperating with LE. I agree - no way would he have called 911 to report her missing if he was involved. I don't suspect her father at this point.

When reports of Nancy's arrest first came out, it was reported that she was NOT cooperating. Then we hear the "Nalani's Dad sold her" story. Okay, but even if that were true, why in the world would she help him? Where is this picture he showed her? What does the witness (friend) say? No silver SUV has been identified. She noticed the out-of-state plates and cursive writing but not the name of the state? Where's the money? Her story is bunk.

I think she used hubby in Bangledesh as her alibi. Why would she lie to him and say she didn't know why she was being pulled over? Why didn't she tell him she transported a baby that the father sold for $10,000? He seemed genuinely surprised to hear that she knew Nalani's father. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt right now too.

Family friend says Nalani's Dad and Nancy were acquaintances. Grandma says her son didn't know her. He had her phone number so perhaps she had simply driven him before? Did she babysit Nalani? Nalani's husband mentioned that she loved babies and had done some babysitting.

I'm not sure the door was open - I may need to read back. He came around the car to get her but was it reported that he opened the door?

I'm all over the place with this one. Lots of puzzle pieces missing. MOO

Leader6518, abr, misgrn and 17 others like this.
  18. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

This video shows where searchers have been looking. I wonder if the jitney driver's phone pings triangulated here.
    Search For Abducted 2-Year-Old Nalani Johnson Intensifies
    If she went "offroading" in her non-four-wheel-drive car near Rt 22 to dispose of Nalina, lots of people must have witnessed it. It was daylight and this is a well traveled road.

19. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

We don't actually know that. Dad apparently know's Nancy, no word on the friend so Dad could have been in the front. Plus, if this story of him doing what Nancy said he was doing, he would have more control in the front, talking etc. IMO Not that I'm buying this BS

misgrn, cass523, Steelslady and 4 others like this.
  20. Blacksheep13

Blacksheep13 Well-Known Member

Is it really that odd to question someone so close? Race has 0 to do with it. Please don’t go down that road of race baiting.

abr, misgrn, mks762 and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.