PA PA - Patrick Rohal, 30, Pittsburgh, 18 Nov 2017

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by JerseyGirl, Nov 20, 2017.

1. tru2it4u

tru2it4u Member

After slowing down the surveillance video IMOO the white truck and car behind it are potentially waiting at a red light (which can’t been seen on sv)

[​IMG]

When I slowed it down cars were passing by them (as soon as they came up and stopped) in the right hand lane which is a turning lane.

[​IMG]

All IMOO

2. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

still missing, no new updates!

3. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

What is it regarding college-aged (give or take) males and bodies of water?

http://awesomejelly.com/northeast-vanishing-men-mystery-accident-or-murder/

And it isn't just Pittsburgh...

https://cryptidantiquarian.wordpress.com/2016/02/20/bostons-mysterious-vanishing-men/

I do not believe there is a group of "Smiley Face" killers. But that does not mean I find these situations to be merely coincidental... there must be come correlation, whether it's disorientation, depression or bad decisions or all-of-the-above and then some.

It is weird.

4. siliconrod

siliconrod Well-Known Member

Any updates on Patrick.

cpeacock1 likes this.
  5. Cherry

Cherry Pie

Dude where are you?!

6. Kittybunny

Kittybunny Well-Known Member

This was several weeks ago but I did see a few of Patrick’s missing persons posters on the south side, the neighborhood that he went missing from. Other than that complete radio silence.

While I hope that it is not the case, if he did go in the river, I am worried that the major ice that we had, loose barges, and back ups at the dams might make finding a body very difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. pittsburgh1

pittsburgh1 New Member

I agree with tru2it4u's update - the video at 50 seconds in shows him cutting through 2 cars that are at a red light, not parked. The white truck and the car behind it pull away because the light turned green. If you watch carefully, there's definitely not enough time for him to have jumped into the truck before it drove off.

I'm not able to find a lot more data here - where was it posted that he left his jacket & glasses on the bridge?

Is there any reason to believe that he crossed the bridge rather than continued down Carson Street? There's a crosswalk there that continues westbound.

Elainera likes this.
  8. Auntkiki

Auntkiki Member

Has anyone heard any new developments on Patrick? He has been missing for a few months now and I cannot locate any new details about his case.

There are too many promising, young guys going missing in the South Side/Pittsburgh area.

9. Bunpei

Bunpei New Member

Why is there no additional info? Who was the last person who saw him? What was he doing before he went missing? Does he drink? This with Paul Kochu, Dakota James, and Jimmy slack are just too coincidental. What really dumbfounds me is Jimmy slack was found .4 miles down river 7 weeks later?

Elainera likes this.
  10. Kittybunny

Hi all, I personally believe he went into the river. We've had a lot of ice and cold this winter so any bodies would not turn up until the recent warm weather. A body was recently found down the Ohio River near Wheeling, West Virginia. The timing and location is not dissimilar to that of Paul Kochu's body being found after his disappearance when you account for the conditions and ice jams at the dams. Paul's body was found 3 months after his disappearance in the same location - Ohio River, near Wheeling WV. That's the way the Pittsburgh rivers run and both men disappeared from the South Side.

"Police say they body has been in the river for some time, but whether or not it's one of the missing people from this area is still not known.

“We have received some phone calls from jurisdictions across the region regarding persons that are missing, and hopefully we can work together to find out this person’s identity,” Wheeling Police Chief Shawn Schwertfeger said.

The chief said the body was spotted by a fisherman in the back channel of the Ohio River around 5 p.m. on Sunday.

Police couldn't confirm an age or even gender for the person.

"It appears, unfortunately, that the body had been in the river for some time, and so we will wait on forensics like dental records,” Schwertfeger said. “They will play a huge role.”

Above article link: http://wtov9.com/news/local/police-still-working-to-learn-identity-of-body-found-in-river

Another article: https://www.wvnews.com/news/wvnews/...cle_4be1ed99-a3f1-5612-a65d-3bdb199384d7.html

Elainera likes this.
  11. Seajay

Seajay Gannon is my HERO

Have we heard whether this body has been identified yet? Someone has to be missing Patrick. How do so many young men disappear into the night and are either never heard from again or found in one of the waterways?

12. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

Joseph Herring, 37, of Martins Ferry, OH
    UPDATE: Body found in Ohio River identified

13. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

We're well beyond the thaw season and yet, no sign of Patrick Rohal...

wdmcmahan and Richrd like this.
  14. Seajay

Seajay Gannon is my HERO

Patrick, where are you?

Richrd, siliconrod and wdmcmahan like this.
  15. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

Now on NamUs
    Missing Person Case

Missing Person / NamUs #MP53643 Patrick Taylor Rohal, Male, White / Caucasian
    Status Missing
    Date of Last Contact November 18, 2017
    Missing From Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Missing Age 30 Years
    Current Age 31 Years
    First Name Patrick
    Middle Name Taylor
    Last Name Rohal
    Nickname/Alias--
    Sex Male
    Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
    Height 5' 8" (68 Inches)
    Weight 170 lbs
    Circumstances
    Date of Last Contact November 18, 2017
    NamUs Case Created November 24, 2018
    Last Known Location
    Location Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15203
    County Allegheny County
    Circumstances of Disappearance - Patrick was last seen on 11/18/2017 at around 8pm walking along E Carson St towards the Birmingham Bridge.
    Physical Description
    Hair Color Brown
    Left Eye Color Brown
    Right Eye Color Brown
    Eye Description Wears glasses
    Distinctive Physical Features
    No Information Entered
    Clothing
    Brown sweatshirt, blue jeans, black shoes and a black pea coat.
    Investigating Agencies
    Pittsburgh Police Department
    Address 1203 Western Avenue
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15233
    County Allegheny County
    Main Phone (412) 323-7800
    General Email --
    Website URL Department of Public Safety

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  16. ADKGemini

ADKGemini Well-Known Member

Still on NamUs and can not find any updates :(

TatianaBarbie, wdmcmahan and Richrd like this.
  17. Kittybunny

Just re-visiting this case. I went back and re-read some of the earlier FB posts and stuff his friend posted. What is concerning to me is that the his glasses were found on the Birmingham Bridge only an hour and a half after he went missing. Says 6:30, glasses found at 8. Not sure if he was last seen around 6:30pm and glasses found at 8am, OR last seen around 6:30pm and glasses found at 8pm - which would seem odd that someone would go looking for him only an hour and a half after him going missing - young men do go out and don't owe roommates explanations, so I'm going to guess it's 6:30pm last seen and 8am glasses found.

I would guess suicide/jumped but the Birmingham Bridge is a pretty high-traffic bridge that connects Oakland and the South Side. It would seem strange to me that no one would have seen him jump if that was the case. However, I suppose there could have been a window without traffic, especially into the wee hours - but it does raise the question of whether he went somewhere else first.

If it's true about the glasses and he didn't jump, the same goes for an abduction or jumping into a car - but we know that happens too in a split second. It just seems odd that no one saw anything.

wdmcmahan and ADKGemini like this.
  18. Seajay

Seajay Gannon is my HERO

At this point, I’m thinking/ guessing suicide and Patrick isn’t with us anymore. I’m thinking since he was headed towards the bridge and all..........IMO

Kittybunny likes this.
  19. CeCeJenn

CeCeJenn New Member

Instead of fixing the some 70% non-working CCTV’s in/around downtown PITTSBURGH , our mayor opted to install multimillion $$ bike lanes. Ya know....priorities.

Penguins Fan likes this.