PA PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57 #2

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by christine2448, Mar 31, 2005.

1. ntt1

ntt1 Well-Known Member

Probably the ICMP lab in The Hague, DDP has also used them for some of the tougher (degraded, contaminated DNA) cases, like Corona Girl.

2. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information. Way to go Netherlands.

3. Ms Suzanne

Ms Suzanne Well-Known Member

Thank You. This is so great to hear. I am so hopeful about this. I pray he is Identified soon. Please let us know if anyone finds out anything else.

Laughing, Suglo, renee_ellis and 2 others like this.
  4. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone

They’re going to solve this, I have faith!! <3

5. Susikatze

Susikatze Well-Known Member

I wonder if either one of the two theories about him (child of daughter of foster family or the "Jonathan" theory) prove to be true.

Ms Suzanne and janewall like this.
  6. Ms Suzanne

I do too. I am so hopeful about this. I pray we hear an update soon and he is Identified.

7. Ms Suzanne

I am so hopeful about this. Is anyone hearing any updates on this?EXCLUSIVE: Philadelphia Police Hope Break In 1957 Unsolved Murder Leads To The Boy In The Box's Identity

8. dogperson

dogperson Well-Known Member

For the first time I am feeling really hopeful that this will be solved. Even if the perpetrator is deceased at least this child will have his name back. He won't be unknown any longer.

9. Sweetluv

Sweetluv Well-Known Member

I cannot wait for the day I see identified on this thread!! This poor boy desperately needs his name back.

10. Ms Suzanne

11. LookingForClues

LookingForClues Well-Known Member

I've always thought a family member (or more than one family member) was involved in this little boy's murder. If anyone is still alive who knows what happened, they must be shaken up to know law enforcement has DNA. On the other hand, hopefully someone in the family has always wondered what happened to this little boy.

12. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

I agree. A family member or other form of caregiver had to have been involved. He probably had extended relatives who wondered about him. You have to wonder what people knew, or thought, or were told.... How many knew or suspected the truth but kept quiet, and why?
    IMO child abuse was not taken as seriously in the '50s. It was also more difficult for people to escape an abusive relative. (I'm not saying it's easy now either, just easier in comparison.)

13. Shamrock1

Shamrock1 Well-Known Member

I’ve always believed “Martha” and usually in combination with Frank Bender’s theory that he had long hair. Just like Evelyn Colon - I wish Frank was alive to see this.

14. aThousandYearsWide

aThousandYearsWide Well-Known Member

Very much so not taken seriously during this time. What is considered child abuse today was seen as discipline or 'keeping the child in line'. I can't imagine how children with behavioral problems due to conditions that didn't exist back then were treated. My Dad was born in 1956 and said the teachers were allowed to hit you were rulers if you misbehaved. And my Mom would always say that, "you better be glad you didn't grow up when I did because I got the belt". It seems those Doe's cause of death was the result of 'discipline' gone wrong.

Last edited: May 23, 2021
    AmonAmarther likes this.
  15. aThousandYearsWide

aThousandYearsWide Well-Known Member

I am excited about the new progressions in this case; however, I am trying not to get my hope's up too much being I can see how there might be some dead ends with his identification. Like if he is an orphan or a child of a unwed mother that was taken away from her at birth. Since there was taboo to unwed pregnancies back then the mother's family might not have known she was pregnant at all. If this isn't the case, his parents are likely deceased but maybe he has a sibling that has been looking for him much like in Michelle Pulsifer's case.

renee_ellis and Feme98 like this.
  16. Snackcakes66

Snackcakes66 Active Member

So hoping this is the year the Boy gets his name back! He is how I found WS 15 years ago. I'm not on as often as I used to, but make sure to check his thread every so often. I have a feeling forensic genealogy will turn up someone, somewhere. We may never know what happened, but little guy deserves his name. He will always have his huge extended 'family' of LE and WSers no matter what.

Laughing, 30Anne, Triss and 4 others like this.
  17. Feme98

Feme98 Well-Known Member

I agree! He will be identified pretty soon!
    Genealogy has been doing such a great job!

18. sleuther0192837465

I often wonder what the steps are in this process from start to finish. Once a family tree is put together, do they interview people within the tree? I think it’s amazing that genealogy has been solving so many cases :)

Laughing and aThousandYearsWide like this.
  19. Snackcakes66

Snackcakes66 Active Member

CeCe Moore does a great job showing her process, or at least some of it in the Genetic Detective series. Very intensive painstaking work! Really hoping for season 2 to come out.

20. sleuther0192837465

Oh! I’ve not heard about that series! Can you tell me where it can be watched? Thank you:)