PA PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box' WhtMale 4UMPA, 4-6, Feb'57

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by christine2448, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

I don't see them say they're submitting to any genealogy databases.

The problem is that the genealogy companies want saliva. Colleen Fitzpatrick (forensic genealogist) contacted the Doe named Lyle Stevik's LE to see if the raw data from UNT (NamUs) could be uploaded to any of the databases that support uploads like GEDmatch, Family Tree DNA or My Heritage but they were told UNT will only release the needed string to another government agency because it is too large of a file. Here is the direct quote from Lyle's thread. Click the arrows to go directly to his post if you want to read more

We have a thread if anyone is interested
    Has anyone done their DNA for genealogy?

2. Ms Suzanne

Ms Suzanne Well-Known Member

I think they are going to do Familial DNA testing.I am hoping they do put his DNA in Genealogy data bases.Isotope testing would be good to do too.[h=3][/h]

3. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

I hope they do testing to try to figure his family but the article wasn't clear whether they were or were not. Agree, isotope testing would be helpful, so would pollen testing if they still have his clothes

4. Ms Suzanne

I agree.No it wasn't clear.

5. Mockturtle22

Mockturtle22 Alice, by another name.

I find it infuriating that they can't do the DNA testing to try finding a match due to privacy.... that should not be a factor for an unidentified child who has been dead for decades. I call bull. There is an air of laziness with cold cases that's just awful.

I don't think this will be solved in my lifetime but I hope.

6. HoaZi

HoaZi Member

I'm with you, this case and Opelika Jane Doe haunt me, along with a few others like the King's Run Butcher victims.

7. Ms Suzanne

I hope we hear something soon.I pray this little one gets his real name soon.

8. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

I was thinking of the boy in the box with the whole Etan Patz case that ha been in the news. It took how many many years for Pedro Hernandez to confess to the crime and yet nobody believed him because he is mentally ill.. It really makes me wonder if Mary had been saying the truth the whole time. And of course her mother and church going neighbors would deny such horror. Just as many people were doing with Pedro..even though a couple of times he had mentioned it to different people.
    Also the person who said they saw the middle aged woman and child stopped by the road. Did they mention the color and or make of car?? or clothing and or hair color of the people that he saw standing by car. to see if it would match a car that Marys mother owned and it would match to what mary and her mother looked like at that time.. did they ask her what she and her mother were wearing and what the car her mother had looked like?? Just to see if there was at least a match there. I have not read anywhere that the car matched the car marys mother had. I know it would not give you his name but at least you would know that at least this poor traumatized Mary was telling the truth. just some thoughts

9. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

I was also wondering about this little guy Steven.. was he ruled out early on or was he ruled out after they got the DNA off the boy in the box?

10. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

http://www.americasunknownchild.net/Archives5Text.html#fourq

this was mentioned early on in the thread and I was also wondering what ever became of the little girl in the Bronx was she ever identified?

N.Y. Girl's Death Tied To Boy's Slaying Here
    Similarity of circumstances surrounding the discovery of the body of a small girl in a secluded park in East Bronx, N.Y., and the murder of a young boy stuffed in a carton in Fox Chase eight months ago, launched a full-scale investigation yesterday by Philadelphia and New York police.
    The two-state investigation was begun after the girl, about 5 years old, was found Wednesday in a lonely area of Rodman's Neck Park in the East Bronx.
    The similarity between the death of the little girl and of the still unidentified boy in Fox Chase was noted immediately by Lt. David Brown, acting commander of the Philadelphia Homicide squad, who said a New York police teletype message seeking information on the girl's identity "immediately was placed in the file on the murdered boy."
    PLEDGES COOPERATION
    "We definitely intend to cooperate fully with New York detectives on this case" Brown said. He added that he was in telephone contact with homicide detectives there in an effort to run down any leads, which might develop, on either case.
    In New York, Homicide Detective Harold Leahrer said police, as in the case of the Fox Chase boy, are "getting dozens of leads daily on possible identity of the girl." He, too, said he would remain in "close touch" with Philadelphia police on any developments pertinent to the two cases.
    The girl's body was found in a woodland in the park. The body was wrapped in a white sleeveless undershirt with pieces of Army-type OD raincoat around it and tied with white cord. Several feet away was a torn blue canvas suitcase believed to have been used to transport the body.

11. Springrain

Springrain Buckskin Girl was Marcia King

I was never fully convinced that M's story was false, either. When they said she had a mental illness, that could mean a variety of things. Could be anything from depression to schizophrenia. And just because folks are mentally ill (like Hernandez) doesn't mean they're lying about EVERYTHING. Not everybody is Henry Lee Lucas. But I'm not 100% sure.

12. Owutatangledweb

Owutatangledweb Well-Known Member

In what year was the little girl's body found?

13. U2forever

U2forever Blessed are the liars For the truth can be awkward

Mockturtle22

:welcome6:

:greetings:

We are glad your here!

14. U2forever

U2forever Blessed are the liars For the truth can be awkward

August 14, 1957

15. Owutatangledweb

Owutatangledweb Well-Known Member

Thanks. I was thinking of Paul Froncak's (Jack's) Sister Jill who is still unaccounted for. That date rules her out for the little girl in the park.

16. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

I believe it was also 1957 on the site they have a date of 8/17/57 from the Philadelphia Inquirer (oh NeverMind I just saw it was answered above!! sorry)

http://www.americasunknownchild.net/Archives5Text.html#fourq
    they also mention this missing woman and her kids but never hear anything after if they were found or not.. its kind of funny.. like ok its not the boy in the box move along next missing person...and they even have photos of the people missing

Homicide detectives have a fresh and exciting interest today in the case of the murdered boy of Fox Chase. A father came to police with a story that there is a chance the dead boy is his long-missing son.
    Harold Sanders, 31, of Dover, Del., had a son who was fair, thin, about the age of the child found battered to death in a cardboard box at Verree and Susquehanna rds. Last February.
    The father thus revived a search for his missing family-wife, two daughters, and a son. The father learned only recently about the murder, that the Fox Chase boy had not been identified.
    Homicide Lieutenant David Brown said, "Even if it was not the Sanders boy, we are working on the strangest disappearance case in Philadelphia police records."
    Missing without a trace are Mrs. Jean Sanders, 32, her daughters, Bonnie, 9, and Carol, 7, and son, John, more than 4, if still alive.

17. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

18. Ms Suzanne

19. Ms Suzanne

I want this little boy in the box identified and his real name on his gravestone.He deserved this a long time ago.I will never forget about him.

[video=youtube;LImoCjRjpfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LImoCjRjpfQ&feature=share[/video]

20. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

Oh, my goodness, Ms. Suzanne. There was a lot of pictures in that video that I hadn't seen before.
    When they showed the picture of his little feet, I lost it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.