Identified! PA - Philadelphia, Fem, in suitcase @ Kensington & Allegheny Avenues, Jun'20 - Christina Gribbin *arrest*

Speculating, but is it possible that she died of an overdose in the nieghborhood, and someone put her in the suitcase on the street so she would be found without revealing where she died?

TQPBKDBHZJEENAEIOOQUMNTG7A.jpeg

"Police are trying to unravel the mystery of a woman’s body found in a large suitcase – and how she got there.

The case is unfolding in Philadelphia’s heroin-plagued Kensington section, where the gruesome discovery was made Thursday morning.

But no other details have been released about how she died, how long she might have been in the suitcase – and of course, who put her there."
Woman’s body stuffed in suitcase found on Pa. street

I'm just throwing this out there in case it's relevant... There are black women living high risk lifestyles in the Brooklyn, NY area turning up dead in suitcases out on Long Island. And some white girls in midtown Manhattan are turning up strangled in Long Island.

Some of the women have connections to Philadelphia, Atlantic City, NC, & Florida. There's lots of overlap in the cases.

I'm not entirely sure if the victim in this case was involved in Sex Work but if she met such a grisly end in a similar fashion to on going cases with similar MOs... please don't overlook the possibility they're connected.

I'm just throwing this out there in case it's relevant... There are black women living high risk lifestyles in the Brooklyn, NY area turning up dead in suitcases out on Long Island. And some white girls in midtown Manhattan are turning up strangled in Long Island.

Some of the women have connections to Philadelphia, Atlantic City, NC, & Florida. There's lots of overlap in the cases.

I'm not entirely sure if the victim in this case was involved in Sex Work but if she met such a grisly end in a similar fashion to on going cases with similar MOs... please don't overlook the possibility they're connected.

I’m interested in the other cases, if you could please provide references. I can google too...do they have threads here? Certainly worth taking a look at, moo.

Not much new.

In this article they say it's a white woman. I'm not familiair with this source. Somebody? Maybe better wait until LE comes with more info itself.

Woman´s body found in a suitcase in Kensington

Officials said the body of a white woman, was found in a large, black suitcase on the highway near Kensington and Allegheny Avenue.

The age of the victim has not been determined.

On Thursday morning, as police surveyed the scene, the suitcase sat on the sidewalk near the exit of the Allegheny SEPTA stop on the Market-Frankford line.

Police called death “suspicious,” and an investigation is on course.

I checked Namus for unidentified women of all races found in Philly, way back to 1985, and there wasn't one listed being found in a suitcase.

There is only this one from around 7/19/2018, and she is not in Namus. https://www.newsweek.com/philadelphia-body-found-highway-suitcase-three-bodies-1033281 A female body was found in a suitcase.

Three bodies were found over the course of two days in the Philadelphia area. One was found in a suitcase while another was found wrapped in a tarp. The third was found along the side of the highway.

While the three bodies were all found around the city, there was "no information indicating that the incidents are related," the Philadelphia Police Department told Newsweek Thursday.

The first body was found Tuesday afternoon in a suitcase in Southwest Philadelphia on Ruby Terrace. That body was partially skeletonized and was discovered by a passerby, the police confirmed to Newsweek. While officials at the scene believe the remains were those of a female, they were unsure of any other defining characteristics like age or race, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

Police in Philadelphia locate third suspicious body, experts say serial killer » Your Content
The first body (in suitcase) was located Tuesday afternoon on the 2700 block of Ruby Terrace at the Bartram Village housing development.

According to police, a manager and housing police officer noticed a strong odor and saw maggots coming from a 2-foot-by-2-foot suitcase. Minutes later, they discovered the remains of an unidentified woman inside, completely dismembered.

Here is the 2018 victims thread
PA - PA - Philadelphia, Female Skeletal Remains in Suitcase, July 2018

Personally I don't see a connection persé or an obvious MO for now.

i also came across a blog post for 4 more similar murders in the kensington area, back in 2004. i don't think i can post that link, but if you google evelyn rolon, it's the tapatalk link. there was concern of a serial killer back then, too! there was a short article about in the buffalo news if you scroll down.

AROUND THE NATION

Not much new.

In this article they say it's a white woman. I'm not familiair with this source. Somebody? Maybe better wait until LE comes with more info itself.

Woman´s body found in a suitcase in Kensington

Officials said the body of a white woman, was found in a large, black suitcase on the highway near Kensington and Allegheny Avenue.

The age of the victim has not been determined.

On Thursday morning, as police surveyed the scene, the suitcase sat on the sidewalk near the exit of the Allegheny SEPTA stop on the Market-Frankford line.

Police called death “suspicious,” and an investigation is on course.

her identity is disclosed (in the comments) on nbc10 philadelphia's fb page. she was a mom, too.

ANY cameras in that area?
You just read my mind. There’s literally cameras in every direction ESPECIALLY at K & A (Kensington and Allegheny) which is the “go to” drug spot in the open air drug market of Kensington Philadelphia.

here’s a pretty accurate look at the area where she was found. It would be my guess the police know or at least have footage of who did it maybe they just haven’t been ided and they aren’t releasing that info

i also came across a blog post for 4 more similar murders in the kensington area, back in 2004. i don't think i can post that link, but if you google evelyn rolon, it's the tapatalk link. there was concern of a serial killer back then, too! there was a short article about in the buffalo news if you scroll down.

AROUND THE NATION
There is a Lot of talk “on the streets” of a serial killer but it is hush hush anywhere else. The only people who know of anything are people who frequent that area or the homeless and addicted population of Kensington. I live in Philadelphia and haven’t hear one news broadcast about anything what so ever. Even The mentioned murders someone brought up.

Suitcases are extremely common ways of disposing of bodies. There were a few discarded that way in Georgia in recent years, plus Valerie Reyes in NY/CT. Also, Luka Magnotta disposed of his victim's torso in a suitcase. Those are just off the top of my head. Typing "suitcase" into the circumstances section of NamUs UID search brings up 26 results between 1936-2018, and those are just the ones still unidentified....I wouldn't attribute it to the signature of a single killer.

Suitcases are extremely common ways of disposing of bodies. There were a few discarded that way in Georgia in recent years, plus Valerie Reyes in NY/CT. Also, Luka Magnotta disposed of his victim's torso in a suitcase. Those are just off the top of my head. Typing "suitcase" into the circumstances section of NamUs UID search brings up 26 results between 1936-2018, and those are just the ones still unidentified....I wouldn't attribute it to the signature of a single killer.

Exactly. Gannon Stauch and Beth Doe immediately come to mind.

By my understanding, suitcases are a common way of disposing of bodies. I wonder if there is a connection with this and human trafficking? https://whyy.org/articles/human-trafficking-hides-in-the-corners-of-everyday-philly-area-life/

It could be these “pimps” disposing of women who no longer fit the job or drug deals gone bad.

It looks like she has been identified and I looked on her Facebook, and without sounding judgmental, just coming from someone who has been around addiction and drugs in the past, she may have been caught in a bad situation. Perhaps caught in the wrong crowd. It’s sad.

By my understanding, suitcases are a common way of disposing of bodies. I wonder if there is a connection with this and human trafficking? Human trafficking hides in the corners of everyday Philly-area life - WHYY
https://whyy.org/articles/human-trafficking-hides-in-the-corners-of-everyday-philly-area-life/
It could be these “pimps” disposing of women who no longer fit the job or drug deals gone bad.

It looks like she has been identified and I looked on her Facebook, and without sounding judgmental, just coming from someone who has been around addiction and drugs in the past, she may have been caught in a bad situation. Perhaps caught in the wrong crowd. It’s sad.

I think this is the case because suitcases are quite inconspicuous, for the most part.

It is more subtle than trash bags, and many other containers do not have to room flexibility or durability to hold potential leaking body fluids.

Suitcases are also a common item in many houses. Just think, a larger cooler, a hollow refrigerator or freezer may be an alternative, but there are not many of those sitting spare in people’s homes. Suitcases also can be used for (I cringe to say this) dismemberment, making it easier to keep smaller suitcases out of eyesight in transportation.

This is just my perspective, as it is hard for me now to think of much better items to use for body disposal after I just rambled about it.

Like LISK? -Long Island Serial Killer-

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back