PA, Philly- One year old struck by train

Yoda

Master
Reaction score
Mom was holding her daughter in her arms and was too close to the edge. The train came into the platform and struck her daughter in the head. :(.

Warning: This link has a video of the little girl leaving the station on the stretcher and also, I am assuming, Mom and brother getting into the ambulance. My prayers are with them. I hope someone gives mom and brother a long hug soon. jMO

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...er-Being-Struck-by-SEPTA-Train-232141731.html

This article says dad was holding the girl. I didn't even notice him when I watched the video, but he's there too.
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...tical_condition_after_being_hit_by_train.html

How horrible. I dont get how they stood that close to the train.

They both say now that the boyfriend/father was holding her and stepped over the yellow line.

I will be very surprised if this baby girl survives this. :tears:

An accident, father standing too close to the train? Guess so, poor father, but why would someone with a child stand that close? Must be used to riding these trains because when I have had a rare occasion to ride, I am afraid to be anywhere near the tracks.

Hope the child survives, the father will never forgive himself. So sorry.

My thoughts are with this darling child, I really hope she pulls through, although it doesn't look good.

My thoughts are also with the family. This poor dad is going to beat himself up over this for the rest of his life, and her darling brother must be in shock after witnessing this. I can't even imagine how her mum must be feeling, to have one of your children hurt in such a way right in front of you. So avoidable, but unfortunately accidents like this sometimes happen. :(

I cannot find any updates on this...
I was going to check the obituaries but don't know where that would be either.
Any locals have a link for obituaries?

An accident, father standing too close to the train? Guess so, poor father, but why would someone with a child stand that close? Must be used to riding these trains because when I have had a rare occasion to ride, I am afraid to be anywhere near the tracks.

Hope the child survives, the father will never forgive himself. So sorry.

It actually sounds like the father was distracted playing with/talking to the baby girl.
So he accidentally got closer than he realized because he was distracted by his little girl. :(

Cannot even begin to put myself in mom's shoes.

My heart breaks and I pray for this little's family, people who had to witness it. I will look at no links nor pictures because I really am just done in by what I imagine. I do not want or need any images to accompany this story.

OMG

Sweetheart, darling girl. :(

I pray what is right for you. I wish I knew what specifically that was. But I turn that over to my creator.

They don't think there is any chance for recovery for the little girl. This article has an update with a description of what happened. jmo FYI I'm kind of wishing I hadn't read the article. It explains how they think the man accidentally became to close to the track but I did not need to read the details of what happened after he got too close. Wish I could erase that. Jmo

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-video-girl-hit-by-SEPTA-train-232372221.html

It actually sounds like the father was distracted playing with/talking to the baby girl.

Is anyone else watching the videos? A woman clearly says "It looks like they had been drinking" which would explain why the man went that close to the train and then stumbled and fell into it.

He has minor injuries but the child flies out of his arms and smashes into a wall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back