PA - Police find toddler locked in cage, newborn alone in house, 17 May 2017

My guess is that he is abusive to the mother, and drugs are involved. I wouldn't be so quick to judge her or assume she went along with this plan because she was cool with it. It is possible she is just really stupid.

Three babies under the age of 2 years.
One aged 22 months, the next 1 year old, then a 1 day old.
Later on we learn there is a 5 year old, who was probably at school. I hope they stop having babies.
If the children are put into care, the parents can just be given parenting lessons then apply to get them back. If they are not successful, there is nothing to stop them having some more.
There is plenty I would love to say but it would probably put me on time out. (Sterilize them)!

Where I come from, three babies born that close together are called Irish Triplets.

Mainly for the welfare checks. Going to work (and school) is very complicated and time consuming, I would think a nine month pregnancy followed by childbirth would be complicated and exhausting also. But these people we have been reading and hearing about lately don't seem to think the same way. They don't seem to mind being constantly pregnant and having numerous children. They just don't seem to want to look after their children after they have given birth to them. JMO.

I married young at 18 in 1984 after I graduated because I was stoopid. The marriage was real bad because he was abusive after the wedding, not before. I thought I would do the right thing and have a baby, so I had Cole in 1986.

What I should have done was go to medical school but that didn't happen and I beat myself up everyday for my complacency and thinking I can be taken care of for the rest of my life by a man who adores me/insert reality check/life is not a fairy tale but I didn't have the best role model with my mum either and she abandoned me at 14, moved out of country/insert drugs at 13.

Things got so bad I knew I had to leave or he would shoot me in the head with my own gun, and Cole who was 3 at the time was shielded by me and did not see the abuse which mostly occurred in the bedroom.
I started school, a 2 year associate program at the local college and after a year I left him and gave him everything because I wanted nothing we had together and moved in with my father for a year, graduated with honors, got a very good job, worked my *advertiser censored* off, moved out and bought a car.

I was lucky I had my father as mum lived in Indiana at that time. I was not on any government assistance and I could not even qualify for a pell grand or any grant for school in 1989.

I only had one child at that time, but people with 2,3,4 children end up in school and free child care is easy to obtain if you want to better yourself. I can understand needing assistance and I'm all for that but this getting paid to have babies is a bad deal because it does not encourage the need for education and jobs and the cycle is never broken.

I remarried in 1997, he killed someone and went to prison 3 months later and I'm not going there right now.
I did go back to college for surgical technology in 2000-2001 but that's a another real, real bad story.

I take responsibility for everything I did or didn't do and I haven't even skimmed the surface of my crazy life but y'all aren't dumb either.
Hopefully I can one day talk of my life and write a book because it's a bad lesson learned too late.

I should delete all this and I left many many things out, but I'm just trying to prove any bad situation can be turned around, you just have to want it and I understand there are all kinds of things that can and will hinder and keep you down.

I had a shrink in 2000 cry and slobber like a baby when I told him my story, and he wanted me to tell him all over again so he could video tape it for educational purposes. I have always been curious about that and horrified also, but if it can help I am all for it.
I inserted this last paragraph so y'all will know I am a real movie star. LOL

Big huge hugs to you, U2 forever! I don't know you, but I'm feeling proud of you. Thank you for sharing. You're a good example for others. 💜

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm not defending these people at all, but plenty of moms deliver at home. It wouldn't be my personal choice. But perhaps the EMTs felt the baby was healthy?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yeah but the kind of moms who deliver at home safely tend to be highly involved and educated parents with midwives, prenatal care, and no cages in the house.

I know of more than a few families who have needed to be certain their child was secure. I do not personally agree with the "cage" yet I have a child on the autism spectrum so I get doing the best thing possible with what you have. Kids with autism are notorious for not sleeping very much.
That said, I don't know anybody who would secure their kid and leave the premise. It is absurd to even imagine that. Clearly there are some peculiar things happening in that home with at least one, probably two addled parent at the helm.
I hope they all land in their feet.

The cage is child neglect. Period. Autism or none. It is highly unsafe and a frightening fire hazard. This man left several babies home alone. It is thus clear to me that he wasn't putting his toddler in a well-constructed cage because the child has autism or a developmental issue. It's because he is a neglectful, abusive jackazz.

A Pennsylvania mother whose 22-month-old son was kept in what authorities call a cage said Friday that local child welfare officials had previously seen the enclosure and approved of it.
Tiffany George said the makeshift wooden pen was meant to keep the toddler safe.
"They've seen the cage and had no problem with it," she said of Schuylkill County Children & Youth. "It's not that we wanted to lock our kids up and entrap them."
She called the enclosure a crib and a playpen, reports CBS affiliate WHP.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/we-are-...ne-was-in-homemade-playpen-not-cage-mom-says/

So is it a playpen and crib or "cage" lady? She knows what it is. She knew it was there and being used. She allowed her child to be put in that cage. Likely did it herself. These are bad people.

And I note that CPS had been previously out to her house before this latest issue. So clearly this isn't a one-off.

I hope a good family can be found for those poor kids and the parents can receive birth control.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back