PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #16

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by J. J. in Phila, Oct 1, 2018.

1. GarAndTeed

GarAndTeed Well-Known Member

J.J. do you know of a link (or links) that have photos of BG & BP? And do you think RFG had an affair with BP? I still can't see RFG and Patty as a good match for some reason. BP sounds like she really "got" (understood) RFG. Also, the mystery woman and BP were both described as tall. I'm going somewhere with this; not sure where...
    Gotta go give my cats treats- I'll check back.
    Thanks J.J.!

2. J. J. in Phila

J. J. in Phila Verified Insider

Neither BP nor the mystery woman were described as "tall."

A woman that RFG knew in the mid 80's described RFG in a similar manner. It is in his FBI file.

Here is a photo of BG: Dr. Barbara Gray I first saw her in photos of the 4/18/05 presser. She strongly resembles PEF, to the point where I though she was PEF's mother or aunt.

Here is a photo of BP, on the left: Chris Knauss on Twitter I have seen photos of her from the 2000's; she was a bit thinner at the time of RFG's disappearance and had longer hair.

At the time RFG and PB were dating, he had divorced BG and had not yet married to EG. I have been led to believe that it was a romantic relationship. BP was working in the OAG's press office in 2005, and had seen RFG at a presser on 4/1/05.

GarAndTeed likes this.
  3. Ironhorse 332

Ironhorse 332 New Member

No news in Centre County covering the 14 anniversary.
    Maybe the 15th will get a mention.

GarAndTeed and J. J. in Phila like this.
  4. J. J. in Phila

As far as I know the only media was "The Women's Room," radio show from Altoona.

GarAndTeed likes this.
  5. J. J. in Phila

In the interview GB indicated that his source said that RFG's body was in a mine shaft in southeastern PA.

You can get data online for mines in PA. For example, if you type in "mines Bucks County, PA" you find basically every mineral claim in Bucks County.

I did not check all, but most do not have mine shafts. Either they are things that are not mined with a shaft, e.g. sand limestone, or places where there was a claim of minerals, but they were never developed. These are under private homes, motels, hospitals and Philadelphia City Hall, for example. A few, e.g. in the Galena area of Bucks county, were mined in the past, back to the 1800's, but either never had a shaft or the shaft was destroyed before RFG disappeared; two of the "mines" there are under Peace Valley Reservoir and have been for more than 30 years prior to RFG's disappearance.

I doubt that there would be more than 2 dozen actual mines with shafts in the area. There are not many places that meet the informant's description. LE could check those out easily, if they have not already done so. It would not be hard to find the spot.

If the informant could nail it to a particular county, it might limit the pool to less than a half a dozen, at most.

GarAndTeed likes this.
  6. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

ok , if Ray is in a mine shaft..how did he get there? is the implication that he was taken somewhere and murdered? mOO

GarAndTeed likes this.
  7. J. J. in Phila

One story was the has killed by an ex-Hell's Angel, and his body was put down a mine shaft, in south eastern PA. There are numerous problems with the story, including a scarcity of mine shafts in south eastern PA.

To put this into context, you really have to listen to the podcast.

minazoe and GarAndTeed like this.
  8. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

It only takes one ;)

J. J. in Phila and GarAndTeed like this.
  9. J. J. in Phila

True, but that one shaft would be fairly easy to locate.

Actually, I think that there has only been 2-4 prosecutors, in the last 105 years that were murdered after prosecuting someone. In the particular case, RFG did not prosecute the guy directly. SPS was the ADA in court; as of about a fortnight ago, he was alive and well.

Hear is a list: Confronting evil: A history of prosecutor deaths in the United States

Of those, only 4 were shot by someone they had prosecuted or a family member of someone he had previously prosecuted.

There is a USDA, Thomas Wales, who was murdered in 2001 that is unsolved. That is not listed.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019 at 12:49 AM
    GarAndTeed and flute4peace like this.
  10. J. J. in Phila

No additional media with the 14th anniversary.

I have two murder scenarios, one less likely that the other. Both are less likely than voluntary.

minazoe likes this.