PA PA - Richard Petrone 35 & Danielle Imbo 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case has always haunted me.
I live in South Jersey and was on South Street at the same bar (Abilenes) they were just a week prior to their disappearance. It has always seemed most likely that they were carjacked upon returning to the vehicle or someone was in the vehicle waiting. Also, there are tons of spots along the Delaware that would be vacant at night - loading docks, warehouses, abandoned buildings, etc. Not sure that would be enough to shield disposing of a truck but not sure who would be looking or could even see at that time of night.

Bobby Carey was not a hit man, & people who knew him say he was more of a bruiser, lumping enemies up rather than killing them. Also, he didn’t need to incur a capital murder charge, when drug dealing provided so much of what he dearly wanted: money. Then why did he surveillance Phil Toner, who was caught with pills by police, but didn’t rat & Shannon Fox, who pepper prayed him, while he was fighting Phil? Why did he plan his attack, & knowingly kill Shannon, because Phil was a gentleman & dropped her off at the door, because it was raining that night? Why did he brag about unscrewing the lightbulb in the hallway, wearing a hood & gloves, & say he saw it was her, but he didn’t wait all that time for nothing, plus the maced me? Why did he stalk Billy Dunbar’s movements, catch him at his most vulnerable, & beat him almost to death? Friends, family, & close associates underestimate this guy’s ability. He may have been a great guy, friend, & helpful loving person, but once you were on the other-side, he’d smash your head in. He knew how to cover his track. He knocked out numerous addicts, who were once his friend, his peers, just because they were now lost. Remember this guy was putting the poison on the street, during the time, where MTV News dubbed Fishtown “The Oxycontin Capital of The World.” Roselli hasn’t closed the book on Carey’s involvement, positing a scenario of some sort of beat-down that escalated into a double homicide, or a robbery gone haywire. A murder-for-hire scenario also remains in play. There were 2 versions, which could’t hold enough evidence to convict, but I heard it, just like everyone, who knew him. One was that Richard Petrone owed Carey bet money, since Carey did a sports betting business, or that he owed Carey money from a loan, or pill money, but this could not be verified. They never spoke on the phone, according to records. If by chance Carey argued with Richard, he wouldn’t kill him, his girlfriend, & then dispose of the vehicle. The other version, which seemed more likely, but could not be proven either, was that Danelle Imbo’s ex-husband, Joe Imbo, who stood to lose support money, & custody of his kid, in the divorce, had a lawyer, who was also connected to Carey, & of course under lawyer/client confidentiality, was told the sociopathic stories, by Carey. Carey loved to tell these stories. He loved people fearing him. He even bragged about smacking the addicts around, who were shells of themselves, & even old Mr. Hickey, which he should have been ashamed of. Well Danelle’s ex, through a lawyer, or some other connection, was able to make a problem vanish! This is most likely the case. Patrone was warned by her ex, but he didn’t listen, & was at the wrong place, at the wrong time. Carey stalked his prey. He was very careful with leaving no evidence, if he did it. Disposing of the bodies & vehicles quickly. He even disabled their cellphones almost immediately! He had connections all over. He father was a mechanic, who owned a mechanic shop, in Fishtown. There is a $50,000 reward for information about the couple’s whereabouts, &/or for information leading to the arrest of those responsible. I wasn’t there, but I know he bragged. He loved being a feared killer, with no remorse, when the people meant nothing to him. I think he got a rush from it. You might beat him, but if he wanted you gone, he’d stalk your movements, & get you, when you least expected it, with no witnesses. He had very loyal friends, many by fear, which is what he bragged to his fiancé, Morgan Casey, about. Carey was a great guy to a lot of people, some who just didn’t know what he was capable of. But I will tell you right now, “Bobby Carey killed Shannon Fox 100%! He admitted to it, to many of his close friends & associates. He tried to kill Billy Dunbar, again bragging about it.” From what I heard, Carey actually had marks on his neck, which indicated he had to strangle himself more than once, with a shoelace, to finish the job committing suiside, which take a lot of balls. I could’t do it. Everyone says let it rest, don’t bring up old ghosts, well what about Shannon Fox’s family, who had no closure? What about Billy Dunbar? What about this couple, if he did it? The problem is, if anyone did help him, they will never confess, for fear of jail-time, themselves. Maybe the authorities can now try & catch the ex-husband, Joe Imbo, somehow. After-all I bet he knows who did it.

I followed this years ago and I’d like to jump back in. Do we know their driving patterns - ie did they tend to use the Ben Franklin or Walt Whitman?

I just saw this case again on Disappeared --- it is so bizarre-- how do 2 people and
their truck just vanish into thin air??? I wasn't aware they both left behind young children and that their families do not speak to each other-- Why don't the families speak to each other? This case has haunted me for years--- From what I can gather there isn't one clue as to what could have possibly happened to these people.

I just saw this case again on Disappeared --- it is so bizarre-- how do 2 people and
their truck just vanish into thin air??? I wasn't aware they both left behind young children and that their families do not speak to each other-- Why don't the families speak to each other? This case has haunted me for years--- From what I can gather there isn't one clue as to what could have possibly happened to these people.

Because each family thinks that the other one is responsible for the disappearance. Especially, I think, the Petrones believe the Ottobres know what happened.

Because each family thinks that the other one is responsible for the disappearance. Especially, I think, the Petrones believe the Ottobres know what happened.

I have also heard that this is the case. I think a lot of people believe Danielles ex knows more than he said and I've heard others have wondered if it wasn't someone with a vendetta against Richard. It is sad because I know parts of them within the families were friendly before this. In a case like this, it's MPO that blaming and contention do more harm to an already tough situation. Fact is, neither family probably knows what really happened because If they did, we might have some resolution. Everyone suffers when a loved one goes missing and it's sad to see additional pain, resentments, anger, and blame added on top of it.

However, the one thing I will add is this..who benefited from this? Who had something to gain by one or both of these people to disappear. Some will take resentments pretty far but this was not something quick and easy. 2 people and a truck not a spree of the moment crime of opportunity. Unless of course you believe that an accident occurred and has yet to be discovered under water.

BBM...I had never heard this. Why do the Petrones believe the Ottobres know what happened and why would they think the Ottobres would not tell what they think happened to their daughter and Petrone? What would the Ottobres gain by concealing the truth?

But, what would be the motivation for not revealing what happened to their daughter and Petrone? It seems like they would want the case solved?

Because nobody can prove that Danielle’s ex might have done it, and as SDS71 said, they still want to be able to see Danielle’s son. I would be very careful to point the finger, too, if that was my family. And maybe it wasn’t Danielle’s ex, anyway-who knows what either of the missing people were involved in. I personally do think her ex knows what happened, but I may be way off base.

I have also heard that this is the case. I think a lot of people believe Danielles ex knows more than he said and I've heard others have wondered if it wasn't someone with a vendetta against Richard. It is sad because I know parts of them within the families were friendly before this. In a case like this, it's MPO that blaming and contention do more harm to an already tough situation. Fact is, neither family probably knows what really happened because If they did, we might have some resolution. Everyone suffers when a loved one goes missing and it's sad to see additional pain, resentments, anger, and blame added on top of it.

However, the one thing I will add is this..who benefited from this? Who had something to gain by one or both of these people to disappear. Some will take resentments pretty far but this was not something quick and easy. 2 people and a truck not a spree of the moment crime of opportunity. Unless of course you believe that an accident occurred and has yet to be discovered under water.
IMO, if what happened to them was due to someone who knew them (or one of them), there doesn't necessarily have to be some benefit for that person. It could simply have been a case of revenge, or bitterness, or anger for some "harm" done to that person.

It also could have been random and something happened when they returned to the truck after leaving the bar.

This mystery struck me from the moment I heard of it, as I am local. It sure seems as if it will always remain a mystery unless someone talks. Again all MOO.

IMO, if what happened to them was due to someone who knew them (or one of them), there doesn't necessarily have to be some benefit for that person. It could simply have been a case of revenge, or bitterness, or anger for some "harm" done to that person.

It also could have been random and something happened when they returned to the truck after leaving the bar.

This mystery struck me from the moment I heard of it, as I am local. It sure seems as if it will always remain a mystery unless someone talks. Again all MOO.
All good points. When will Danielle's son be 18, that visiting permission won't make difference?

I keep thinking "motive, means, opportunity "...and think it was a hired hit thing, most likely.

I agree with you: This case seems like one of those that will remain unsolved- unless of course someone comes forward with a tip- but for 16 years not one person has done that.

I'd like to believe it will be solved one day but it seems like whoever knows has been pretty quiet all this time. Of course we don't really know what LE might already know. And then there's that chance that no one knows because it was a unfortunate accident. But I do hope it's solved one day soon.

While I mostly believe they didn’t make it out of Philly, every time they’re building something new in her area (Mt Laurel), I wonder if they’ll find their bones or something.
I too hope someday their families will get an answer. The not knowing has got to be agony.

Are Danielle and Richard’s parents all still alive? I hope they find out what happened. I have been obsessed with the disappearance of a 6 year old girl who went missing from a place pretty near to where I used to live in Pennsylvania. Her parents never found out what happened to her before they “left”, and that has made me so sad.

Are Danielle and Richard’s parents all still alive? I hope they find out what happened. I have been obsessed with the disappearance of a 6 year old girl who went missing from a place pretty near to where I used to live in Pennsylvania. Her parents never found out what happened to her before they “left”, and that has made me so sad.

Danielle’s mother and Richard’s parents are still alive.

Is the case on WS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members