PA PA - Richard Petrone 35 & Danielle Imbo 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there would be no reason for them to deliberately use either of the non-toll options, probably. Especially the Delaware options. Clearly, something terrible happened to them, since they’ve been gone so long, and have never resurfaced. There are really only two possibilities, as I see it-either foul play that caused the couple and the truck to disappear, or they are in the water someplace where no camera or EZ pass picked up the truck. Pretty sure it’s the foul play option; leaning towards the soon to be ex’s plan, and they will never prove it and will never find any trace of them.

There are no tolls Philly to NJ. The toll is leaving NJ to enter Philly.

Regardless of the tolls, there are cameras going in and out of philly. IIRC those cameras were checked and Richard's truck was not seen on ANY of those bridges. Which says to me (1) they never left philly, or (2) they used one of the non toll bridges. #2 seems implausible, especially late at night. The drive up the river bank is beautiful but only in the day time. At night its pitch black. So I'm back to #1. For all who are saying his truck wasn't chopped because LE would've checked, you're forgetting (1) Danielle's ex's involvement in LE, and more importantly (2) how corrupt LE is in philly - even today. Its scary how much crime is overlooked because LE has an interest or is paid off.

Strange how some cases come up and I come back to this one for parallels. Lately that's been two cases in CA. Kiely Rodni who was found with her car in a lake by Adventures With Purpose. And Jolissa Fuentes, who disappeared in early August and neither her nor her car have been found in spite of Adventures With Purpose searching the likely locations.

AWP performed searches in this case and I'm wondering if there aren't other possible locations to be searched still. Yes, I could have been sent to a chop shop or crushed in a salvage yard, but that likely involves one or more accomplices. Secrets are harder to keep when more people get involved.

When I saw that I hoped maybe there was something new on this case: it really does seem like this one will never get solved and that is so sad.
It’s terrible that they haven’t even been found. I know that car and truck chopping is a “thing”, but so often when someone disappears with their vehicle they are eventually found in a body of water. But all of the logical water had been searched, so…

It’s terrible that they haven’t even been found. I know that car and truck chopping is a “thing”, but so often when someone disappears with their vehicle they are eventually found in a body of water. But all of the logical water had been searched, so…
Adventures With Purpose searched SEVERAL places. (That was when I first heard about them.) I thought they said there a chance of coming back to look at other spots. Several vehicles were found, just none of them were Richard's.

It is also hard to force a car off the road in the middle of Philadelphia, and not be seen. While cameras were not as numerous in 2005 as they are now, they did have some.
I'm thinking that if the truck is in the water, Richard and Danielle, were already deceased. Of course, if that is the case that truck could be many miles away from Philadelphia. And finding it then will be happenstance - i.e., it is found while looking for something else.

They just showed this case again today on Disappeared. I did not know that Danielle Imbo had musical talent but when she married her husband (Joe?) he didn't want her to continue with the band she was in, so she stopped singing. Tells me he was perhaps a very controlling person- just saying. It is a shame the families have turned on each other- each family blaming the other victim for what has happened. It is just so bizarre that they would vanish, with the truck, without a trace-- I believe somebody does know something and the only way this case will get solved is if somebody comes forward, otherwise, I do not see this case being solved.

I do believe they accidentally ended up in a body of water somewhere. I have thought that for many years.

That is a possibility but wouldn't their car have showed up by now? I think the police have checked out various areas of water looking for them- This is such a frustrating case---

Recently saw the Disappeared episode featuring the RP & DI case. Very sad, especially given that they both came from such tight-knit families & both left children behind.

Since the car still hasn't been found, my initial theory is that they somehow ended up accidentally driving off of a bridge or other road somewhere & drowned. IMHO this is plausible, given that they had to drive over bodies of water in order to get home. The car could have ended up in a river & been swept away....or is still sitting at the bottom somewhere, and hasn't been located yet. There have been cases where people have disappeared in a vehicle & were known to have been driving near a body/bodies of water - and the car/person/people are located many years later.

However, I completely admit that it's equally possible they met with foul play for whatever reason, and the car was chopped up, etc.

I find it interesting that @ the end of the episode, the authorities mentioned that they had info. which led them to believe the two were the target of a "hit". But, no details regarding this were given.

Per the episode, it's unfortunate that the families of RP/DI aren't really on speaking terms due to this case. They were apparently friends/acquaintances even before RP/DI started seeing each other.

Last edited:
Recently saw the Disappeared episode featuring the RP & DI case. Very sad, especially given that they both came from such tight-knit families & both left children behind.

Since the car still hasn't been found, my initial theory is that they somehow ended up accidentally driving off of a bridge or other road somewhere & drowned. IMHO this is plausible, given that they had to drive over bodies of water in order to get home. The car could have ended up in a river & been swept away....or is still sitting at the bottom somewhere, and hasn't been located yet. There have been cases where people have disappeared in a vehicle & were known to have been driving near a body/bodies of water - and the car/person/people are located many years later.

However, I completely admit that it's equally possible they met with foul play for whatever reason, and the car was chopped up, etc.

I find it interesting that @ the end of the episode, the authorities mentioned that they had info. which led them to believe the two were the target of a "hit". But, no details regarding this were given.

Per the episode, it's unfortunate that the families of RP/DI aren't really on speaking terms due to this case. They were apparently friends/acquaintances even before RP/DI started seeing each other.

This case remains a total head scratcher with at least 2 plausible explanations as you point out: It looks like we will never know for sure though. It is so sad.

One thing I’ll say is it’s very unlikely the truck went to a chop shop. There are VINs on many parts and places on the truck. If foul play was involved, I think the truck was destroyed rather than chopped and sold for parts. Or it’s hidden away some.

It’s been discussed quite a bit here - it would be extremely difficult to veer off into water from those bridges (BF & WW) IMO. I’ve never heard of anyone driving off them, but feel free to correct me. (There’s also no tolls in the PA-NJ direction).

I think there’s a decent chance they and/or the truck are in the water (not necessarily the Cooper River), albeit in pieces.

I'm glad people are finally realizing that a chop shop or scrap operating is a viable option. There's a lot more grit in philly than people realize. And with DI's ex being buddies with the cops, nothing would surprise me. Its not very likely that they drove into water, at least not in the philly area. If they did, it would have to be elsewhere, north or south, because its very rare for people to drive into water and NOT be seen.

I'm glad people are finally realizing that a chop shop or scrap operating is a viable option. There's a lot more grit in philly than people realize. And with DI's ex being buddies with the cops, nothing would surprise me. Its not very likely that they drove into water, at least not in the philly area. If they did, it would have to be elsewhere, north or south, because its very rare for people to drive into water and NOT be seen.

I didn’t realize people considered that non-viable! I’d be extremely surprised if a Philly chop shop wasn’t involved. If it wasn’t a Philly chop shop, it’d be one in SJ. (SJ LE would know where to go). JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong