GUILTY PA - Satyavathi, 61, & Saanvi Venna, 10 mos, slain, King of Prussia, 22 Oct 2012

How sad. Whoever took her, and didnt want brother?
How was grandma murdered.
Seems very personal,indeed.

That poor little baby. I am so worried about her!

I heard about the grandmother on the news. Seems they believe whoever took Saavni killed the grandmother. This has to be personal IMO.

Wondering why they would abduct the 10 mo old and not the brother who found the grandmother....

still catching up. How terrible for the young boy who found his grandmother missing and baby sister missing. Keeping this family in our prayers.

Bless her little heart! She's a little too big to be stolen for a woman to claim as her own. Wonder why?

Perhaps the brother and sister are half siblings?
And the person who wanted the girl was part of her family and not the brothers?

Any word yet on where the little girls parents are?

Scary situation. :(

Father issues plea for baby's return

It is still not clear if the killing was random, or if police have a suspect in either the kidnapping or the murder.

------------------------------------------

Detectives say the killing and kidnapping happened sometime between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. while Saavni's parents were away.

-----------------------------------------

The fact she's missing is devastating. But even worse, investigators say they don't know who took her.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8855977

WAIT! I thought her older brother came home from school and found his grandmother?

Was that incorrect?

The father of a missing infant pleaded for her safe return Monday night in Montgomery County.

Our camera captured police towing away a dark blue Honda Accord from the scene to the police department. We believe it's related to the incident.

Relatives of the victim and infant girl huddled in the lobby of the police department Monday night, but a neighbor of the family made a plea.

"Please, please don't do any harm to the kid, please deliver her immediately, please inform the police," said Vasu Velaga.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8855977

So her parents were probably at work while Grandma was home with the baby. How devastating to find your mother murdered and your precious baby gone. My heart goes out to this poor family. I cannot imagine what they are going through now. :rose:

I was hoping it was a custody issue. But this is horrifying.

It is weird they towed a car away from the scene though.

Very scary. Seeing as the grandmother has only recently moved from India, I wonder if the little girl was the target of this horrible crime and the grandmother was murdered because she was trying to stop someone from taking her.

I'm interested to know the family circumstances. For instance, was the grandma the primary caregiver, or were both of the parents at work and grandma was babysitting? Had grandma moved in with the parents when she arrived from India (I think this seems the most logical)?

Praying this beautiful girl is brought home safely. Especially for her brother's sake, what a horrible thing for him to come home to, I hope that he and his sister are reunited very soon.

WAIT! I thought her older brother came home from school and found his grandmother?

Was that incorrect?

I'm thinking that could be true. He comes home and finds the body...
Dad comes home and finds the baby missing.
Brother may not have known where baby was supposed to be?
Might have been a half day kindergarten student or something, not very old?

Oddly enough, still nothing about the mother of the child in the news reports.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back