PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

I still believe this was an accident. I can't see any reason why Shane would end up being a crime victim. He would not have appeared, Imo, as likely to be carrying a lot of cash, for example, and apparently no signs of a scuffle, etc were found. Just not seeing foul play, but JMO.

I've been following along but not been posting--as the parent of a 20-something and Aunt of two nephews that hung out at Kildares and other Manayunk bars--this hit close to home. I can't come close to understanding what Shane's parents and loved ones have gone through and pray they have the strength to handle his loss. I am relieved they can lay him to rest but heartbroken at the outcome.

To any people that may have felt it inappropriate to donate because he may have had a substance abuse issue or other traits that didn't appeal to them--(no one here at Websleuths but out in the general public) I say shame on you for he was a human being-- someone's child who was loved and none of the other stuff comes close to mattering when the only goal was to find him. Every single soul matters. To the divers, LE and folks who searched for Shane....may blessings come to you tenfold and to those that kept the candle lit for Shane here at WS--you have honored him and been so persistent at following his case--If there is something untoward, I've no doubt you will come to the bottom of it--REST IN PEACE, SHANE.

I'm so sorry to hear this awful news. Many had a feeling and called it. Alcohol and young men are often a deadly combination. I hope is family can survive.

I hope there are more answers. Maybe now that he has been found others will come forward with accounts from that night..... well I can hope can't I?

Been gone all day and came home an hour ago to learn this. I have read most of your posts, and it is so obvious your hearts are breaking. I think we all held a glimmer of hope this would have a different outcome. If only it had. To Jonesy, I am so sorry for your family member, yourself and the rest of your family. KevinC, I know you knew Shane and the family very well. I am sorry for your loss, and I want to also say thanks for all your input and all the dozens and dozens of questions you answered for us. DetPak, thank you for taking the time to come onto this site and share with us your knowledge and expertise. Although I am sure you see this over and over again, I know it never gets easy. May God. Bless and give Shane's parents, family, and friends the strength they will need to get through these dark days that lay ahead of them. My heart aches for you and you will most certainly be in my prayers.

My fellow sleuthers who have have been on this thread with me, some from the beginning, I just want to say it has been a pleasure to share my thoughts and theories with you. Each and every one of you cared so much and truly wanted Shane to be brought back home.

A few days ago I asked that if you had the time to jump over to Paul Kochu's thread to take a peek and share your thoughts. Many of you have done that, and I thank you for that. It would be nice if while we are seeing things through here on Shane's thread, we lend a hand over there too. If so, I look forward to sleuthing with you. This has been a great bunch. Probably the best I have been involved with on this site since I joined almost a year ago. Thank you

To Shane....Sleep warm with the angels sweet boy. You have finally come back home where you belong.

R.I.P. SHANE MONTGOMERY

The news states that the ME will identify Shane on Monday. My question is (pardon my lack of knowledge with this) if that won't be done until Monday, does that mean they won't begin the autopsy until Monday?
If so, would anything happen to his body in the next day or so that would make it more difficult to find out what he may have died from?
As always, no disrespect or judgement of anyone, just wondering why they would wait until Monday.

I think I'm going to make a donation to Garden State-this is a wonderful organization

I hope their organization gets the reward money - they deserve it and it could help others. I was so sorry to hear about this today but know that the family needed closure. Prayers and condolences for those close to him.

The news states that the ME will identify Shane on Monday. My question is (pardon my lack of knowledge with this) if that won't be done until Monday, does that mean they won't begin the autopsy until Monday?
If so, would anything happen to his body in the next day or so that would make it more difficult to find out what he may have died from?
As always, no disrespect or judgement of anyone, just wondering why they would wait until Monday.

I am wondering if it's because they are closed for the. Weekend?

I am wondering if it's because they are closed for the. Weekend?

I think they keep regular business hours but I wouldn't be surprised if the autopsy was being done this weekend--the thing I am unsure of relates to how much of the results will be made public--not sure who makes the decision on this.

I still believe this was an accident. I can't see any reason why Shane would end up being a crime victim. He would not have appeared, Imo, as likely to be carrying a lot of cash, for example, and apparently no signs of a scuffle, etc were found. Just not seeing foul play, but JMO.

I don't see that any of us have any way of seeing if it was an accident or not--same thing in the Sarah Majoras' death--she had injuries per the autopsy but when they happened IIRC was open for conjecture...in a world filled with cameras and cell phones where I sometimes wonder how we can do anything in public that's not recorded--things still happen and we have no idea why....

I want to see what the autopsy says but I still think Shane entered the water in the parking lot area his keys came loose and his body floated downstream towards the Brew Pub. His clothing was still on him and I just hope they can find some answers. But I am glad we have him home and with his parents.

Best and respectful comment I have seen. Always appreciate your message too Jonesy. thanks

Just catching up, I just wish the family and friends closure, and I appreciate the efforts of everyone involved in the search, LE and the locals, and the special people with the diving crew from NJ.

I know sometimes we differ on this forum about what exactly went down, but I think everyone here shared the goals of having closure for the Montgomery family. I am really grateful for some of the insiders, who shed some light on this situation, in particular Kevin, Tracker, and Detpac. And I appreciate the efforts of the poster Jasp who spent his/her time searching. It is so great when a neighborhood looks after their own. As a former resident of the city, I totally understand the comraderie and tight knit community.

Another inexplicable death by drowning. How in the WORLD did he end up in the water?

I offer prayers of strength and healing to all of Shane's family and friends. Thanks Kevin and DetPac for joining the discussion and trying to keep us sleuthers on track. Trackergd - tons of respect. And, to all of the awesome WSers for going the extra mile to try and find answers to the unanswerable, I admire your dedication.

RIP Shane.

I believe the family might have an idea why Shane ended up in the river (but not necessarily how).

Let's hope no one feels guilt or shame.

Kevin-thanks for turning your attention to Paul Kochu at this time; as you said, his family can use some support.

As for Shane's family, there are no adequate words to comfort them now. If it matters to them, I hope they know that so very many people had the family in their thoughts since Shane disappeared. I am not really expecting any additional information now that he's been found, although I do have some questions...I think that, since all of us here continue to want to help, maybe the best thing to do for those of us who might be able to, would be to make a small donation to the Garden State Underwater Recovery Unit. It could help the next family, right?

I totally agree and I being in the entertainment and event planning business am going to try and do a fund raiser for them. If anyone is ever in this situation they are the team to call.

Speaking of the PK case.
While the divers were searching for Paul- they found another body.
She surfaced rather quickly. Same water temps too & deeper waters.
I think she went missing Christmas Eve.

Can you post a link to this? Thanks. Maybe I missed it. I hadn't heard this.

The Distance from the Spot of the Parking lot to the Manayunk Brew Pub is a 1/4 mile Approx. 1380ft and probably what Jonesy said in Yard, lol

I don't even know what a yard is I either read it or heard what the diver said on the news I had to google it lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back