GUILTY PA - Sharon Budd critical after rock dropped on car, Milton, 10 July 2014

Passenger hit by rock dropped from highway overpass upgraded to serious condition

Sharon Budd, 52, was moved to the critical care unit Thursday night and her condition upgraded to serious, a hospital spokesman said Friday.

She is doing "remarkably great," her husband Randy said. When she is asked questions she shakes her head yes and no, he said.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/08/ohio_woman_hit_in_face_with_ro.html

What wonderful news! I love this part of the article. Sharon is a fighter for sure!

The seventh grade language arts teacher also responded correctly when asked her name, his and their daughter Kaylee, he said. She spelled her own name correctly, he said.

She shows some affection and will pucker her lips when her husband asks for a kiss. "I stole some kisses from her," he said. "I think there is a loving Sharon in there."

http://www.dailyitem.com/0100_news/...ges-filed-today-against-accused-rock-throwers

Brothers Brett Lahr, 18, and Dylan Lahr, 17, both of New Columbia, and Tyler Gregory Porter, who turned 18 Wednesday, of Milton, are now facing five felony counts of aggravated assault, conspiracy to commit aggravated assault and criminal trespass and four misdemeanor counts of propulsion of missiles into an occupied vehicle or onto roadway, agricultural vandalism and recklessly endangering another person.

They are now facing identical charges to that of Keefer McGee, 17, of New Columbia, who was charged Monday as an adult.

The old charges are no longer applicable and the new charges will be the ones moving forward in court

They had a busy night:

the teens were out for destruction the night of July 10.

They allegedly drove through a cornfield, damaging crops, broke the window of a residence with a bat and collected rocks to throw at mailboxes and vehicles from the Gray Hill Road overpass in White Deer Township, Union County, police said.

I bet they're not cheering now :gaah:

The teens reportedly cheered when on of their rocks connected with the Budd vehicle, causing it to pull off the side of the road, police said.

They knew what they were doing was wrong, they knew the rocks would go throught the windscreen and injure the people in the car. They knew exactly what they were doing, and that what they were doing was wrong, and that it would cause injury (possibly death).
I hope they serve very long sentences.....:jail::jail::jail::jail:

trying to find a pic of Mr. McGee and found this article with some more details. (I think the Nov 10 is a typo mistake in the article, should be July 10)

The arrest affidavit alleges McGee and Porter made arrangements to go to the New Columbia area home of Brett and Dylan Lahr the evening of Nov. 10.

After the four left the Lahr home in two vehicles, they drove through a cornfield in the area causing damage to the crop, police charge. A witness obtained the license plate of McGee's car, they said.

They returned to the Lahr home, all got into McGee's vehicle and left again with Dylan Lahr holding a bat between his legs, the arrest affidavit alleges.

The four are accused of stopping at a pig farm to pick up six to eight rocks, going to a house where Dylan Lahar is alleged to have used the bat to break a dining room window and driving to overpass over I-80, which is about two miles west of Route 15.

Police allege a number of rocks were thrown from the overpass with one hitting the Budd car and another the bug shield on a tractor-trailer truck driven by Matthew Baker, 55, of Plainville, Mass. No other vehicles are known to have been hit, investigators said.

After they observed the Budd car pull over, the four left the area, but while en route back to the Lahr house, Porter is alleged to have lobbed a rock at a mailbox but it is not known if it found its mark, the affidavit states.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/08/i-80_rock-throwing_part_of_pla.html

I still can't believe they are free on bond :notgood:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/08/critically_injured_i-80_rock-t.html

Standing is something most people take for granted.

But, when Sharon Budd stood, with some assistance, for about 20 seconds late last week, it brought a tear to the eyes of her husband, Randy.

She was transferred Aug. 4 to nearby Geisinger Health South, a rehabilitation facility that is a joint venture between Geisinger and Health South.

"I think she is the right place," Randy Budd said Sunday. "She is slowly coming along." Therapists are working with her, he said.

http://www.dailyitem.com/0100_news/x449119478/Rock-victim-makes-small-hopeful-gains

So far, a speech therapist works daily with Mrs. Budd, helping her talk through a speaker valve placed in her tracheostomy opening. On prompt, Mrs. Budd was able to move her lips and count to five. “To me, that was a positive step,” Mr. Budd said.

Mrs. Budd has been breathing on her own for about nine days, he said, though oxygen is fed into her tracheostomy opening.

It may be early September when Mrs. Budd undergoes surgery to replace her skull and forehead with medical-grade plastic molded to fit her, Mr. Budd said doctors told him. She also likely will have further work to reconstruct her nose, face and jawline “so everything works. There is a lot of work to do.”

Blondie thanks so much for posting this. I totally forgot court was today :(

McGee, 17, said he, Porter, 18, and Dylan Lahr, 17, stole steaks from a grocery store and played video games before deciding to 'smash mailboxes, throw rocks at cars, just go out and be bad.' Brett Lahr, 18, Dylan's brother, joined them after getting off work at a sandwich shop.
McGee testified that the rock made a 'really loud crash' when it hit Budd's Nissan Rogue. He wiped away tears before recalling how they all laughed as they drove away.

He drove them back to the Lahr home, where they began to watch a movie before deciding to return to the scene to see what happened — twice

Johnson said McGee's deal calls for a guilty plea to second-degree felony aggravated assault.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nst-pal-rock-throwing-case.html#ixzz3Az2pi7qj
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

pics of the perp
From left, Tyler Porter, Dylan Lahr, Keefer McGee and Brett Lahr, are shown Tuesday before their preliminary hearings in Mifflinburg

Attachments

• buddsh.jpg
    buddsh.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 109
pics of the perp
From left, Tyler Porter, Dylan Lahr, Keefer McGee and Brett Lahr, are shown Tuesday before their preliminary hearings in Mifflinburg

Brett Lahr needs to learn about dressing for court. :eek:

Wow I just listened to the 911 call how upsetting. Sorry I don't have a link.

Wow I just listened to the 911 call how upsetting. Sorry I don't have a link.

That was the most horrific thing I have ever heard, I wish I could unhear it. :( Audio was on Nancy Grace tonight.

Found this encouraging update after disturbing myself with the 911 call audio: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/08/ohio_woman_continues_to_make_p.html

She is affectionate, smiles when he enters the room, has written daughter Kaylee's name and drawn a heart with an arrow through it, he said.

Before returning to the medical center for Wednesday's surgery, Budd said his wife, with the help of two therapists, was walking in the hall and she needed less support.

Although there still is a feeding tube in the abdomen, he said she has eaten chocolate pudding and apple sauce along with drinking a little water.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back