Found Deceased PA - Shevy McGiffin, 13, Clarion, 9 Sept 2016

Thankfully it seems from all the recent posts this guy will be caught.
He didn't have to kill her!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

(Sorry, can't quote properly here)
eLeL724

.....where she was found was exactly where she was placed by someone else...
.... He sees an opportunity to get her easily into his car (& voluntarily) by offering her a ride home...

First of your quotes is just chilling, the second one makes sense.

I have heard from other locals it was pouring down with rain. And here comes this grandfatherly looking man offering you a quick ride home.
A less than a minute ride."Oh, I'm going that way too, let me drop you off, poor child"

I'm sure even kids who were taught about stranger danger would have jumped in his car to get home quickly and out of the rain.

Do we know when she was reported missing?

Thanks for the map. I can't scale the distance from the Dollar General to where she was found, but I'm guessing it is about 3-4 miles ?

Far too great of a distance for her to have walked..........For now I'm buying the story about the guy in the Buick. We all know how slick and manipulative those child predators can be. This smells a lot like one of those , "Can you help me find my little dog ?" type stories.

I have a feeling this is going to end up being someone she may be familiar with, and wasn't alarmed when she was approached. It's a small town, the suspect pool can't be all that extensive.

Hi Steelman. The marker I have put on the map, where Shevy was found, is an estimation. We don't know the exact spot, just 'in the Trout Run near the Clarion River'. Could be anywhere along the stream really. It measures just over 1 mile from the Dollar General to where Trout Run enters the Clarion River.

I'm with you, something is NOT right with this story. Raining, dark, dad saw her talking to some stranger and didn't intervene??? I'll be anxious to see what the autopsy report finds. From pics it sure looks like she put on a lot of weight since around May. JMO.

It wasn't the dad who saw her--per family he was at work.

It wasn't the dad who saw her--per family he was at work.

That's right. I don't know why everyone assumes it was the dad who saw her. A cousin said the dad was at work and the mom (they are separated) was at home. The person who saw her talking to a man in a gray or brown Buick is a Comet Warehouse employee, who would have no idea if Shevy knew the man or if he was suspicious. Hindsight is always 20-20. Maybe the man who stopped to talk to her will come forward now that this is so prominent in the media. It could be that he just said hi and told her the storm wasn't going to let up and went on his way. Or he could have talked her into a ride. It will be interesting to find out if the trout run is deep enough for someone to float or if it truly was just a few inches. I just hope the medical examiner's report finds that she was not pregnant and did not die violently. Until we know the cause of death, it may have been a slip in the mud kind of accident. That happened recently in IL, where someone was mowing her grass and it started raining and the riding mower slid into the pond and she was killed in the accident. Clarion County is a beautiful area, one of my favorite places in the world, but there is a lot of wooded areas and it is dangerous to travel them alone. If you needed help, no one would hear you. And not all kids have a buddy to pal around with all the time. Maybe wishful thinking, but I hope that some way this was an accident and there is not a crazy person on the loose.

Was NOT expecting drowning and no foul play! Was this a suicide???

HER DAD IS NOT THE PERSON WHO SAW HER TALKING TO SOMEONE.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Does that area with trees between her street and the store have a creek in it? Did she cut through that area and fall into the water, to be swept away?

Was NOT expecting drowning and no foul play! Was this a suicide???
If you read the linked article, it seems that they DO suspect foul play.

It seems to me that she was found near the water, not in it. That suggests foul play as well.

I strongly doubt this is a suicide.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

The explore clarion article states they haven't ruled yet whether foul play was involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so confusing and heartbreaking!
RIP Shevy.
Whatever happened, I pray they get answers for you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SGS3030
Back