Found Deceased PA - Shevy McGiffin, 13, Clarion, 9 Sept 2016

This is so unfair and upsetting. To have a 13 year old walk a few blocks to the store and have this happen. May they find th person responsible and justice be swift and severe. Fly high little one RIP

I hope they find who did this soon. What a sicko....wonder what ruse he used to talk to her. Fly high.

In this link, the mother says it was the father who saw his daughter talking to a man in a Buick? Whose house did this girl disappear from? I'm starting to feel a little weird about this one.......

http://www.wpxi.com/web/wpxi/news/m...township-girl-found-dead-police-say/444019894

That is certainly a strange statement. Wonder if it is a typo or misunderstanding of her words. Does anyone know if the parents are still together or separated in different homes? Whos home was she staying in or left to go to the store from?

That is certainly a strange statement. Wonder if it is a typo or misunderstanding of her words. Does anyone know if the parents are still together or separated in different homes? Whos home was she staying in or left to go to the store from?

Saw a video of dad speaking/pleading. He has a different last name than Shevy and her mom, but his FB shows he's in a relationship with the mom. However, no pics of Shevy except one of 3 kids and mom (and Shevy looks totally different/skinny/tiny??), and nothing about her being missing. All very odd to me and my hinky meter is going up, up, up. I'm not sure at this point if he's bio dad or mom's boyfriend.....

All my opinion.

In this link, the mother says it was the father who saw his daughter talking to a man in a Buick? Whose house did this girl disappear from? I'm starting to feel a little weird about this one.......

http://www.wpxi.com/web/wpxi/news/m...township-girl-found-dead-police-say/444019894

In your link, it does not specify the husband was who saw her, just "he", which could be any male and just poor writing by the media.
“He seen her talking to an older gentleman in a gray or brown Buick,” Tina Schneider, McGiffin’s mother said. IMHO

Saw a video of dad speaking/pleading. He has a different last name than Shevy and her mom, but his FB shows he's in a relationship with the mom. However, no pics of Shevy except one of 3 kids and mom (and Shevy looks totally different/skinny/tiny??), and nothing about her being missing. All very odd to me and my hinky meter is going up, up, up. I'm not sure at this point if he's bio dad or mom's boyfriend.....

All my opinion.

BBM

I'm reserving judgement on this one... her mom said she's "heavy", but to me she looks... um... like she's carrying her weight a bit... oddly? Kind of in the front?

I'm sorry, but I've looked at that picture a zillion times, and every time I think the same thing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Emotional plea from father while Shevy was missing

http://www.exploreclarion.com/2016/09/11/father-believes-missing-13-year-old-clarion-girl-was-abducted/

“If anybody has information or can help us, please call the Pennsylvania State Police,” an emotional Schneider said. “She’s a very lovable girl. She’s never run away before and she never would run away.”

“My feelings are, and I don’t want to say this, but my feelings are she was taken.”

BBM

I'm reserving judgement on this one... her mom said she's "heavy", but to me she looks... um... like she's carrying her weight a bit... oddly? Kind of in the front?

I'm sorry, but I've looked at that picture a zillion times, and every time I think the same thing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I really hope this case doesn't go sideways. Rest in peace, Shevy.

I really hope this case doesn't go sideways. Rest in peace, Shevy.

Has LE made any kind of statements to be on the lookout for a man in a Buick? Any warnings to parents in the community?

I thought I read Trout Run stream last night? I can't remember where I saw that

Thanks skibaboo! I found it:
State police said the girl's body was found in Trout Run near the Clarion River at about 3:50 p.m. Sunday by volunteer firefighters who were part of a search team looking for her.

Shevy left her home on Fraternity Drive in Clarion Township on Friday evening to go to the Dollar Store on South Fifth Avenue, about a fifth of a mile from her house. She was last seen in the area of Comet Warehouse.
http://www.post-gazette.com/local/n...County-stream-identified/stories/201609110218

Relevant places BBM. Would you like to make a more permanent map for Shevy's case skibaboo? You do great work and I'm not sure how to make the type of maps you do with icons to mark the river. Trout Run is closer to her house than the Clarion River.

Missing 13-year-old girl whose body was found near a Pennsylvania river may have been abducted as father says he saw her 'talking to*an older man in a Buick'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-father-says-saw-talking-older-man-Buick.html

'Shevy had walked a few minutes from her home to the Comet Food Warehouse on South Fifth Avenue near a Dollar General to buy a coloring book.

It was around 7pm and it was raining as well as getting dark. Police said the investigation is ongoing'

Who let's their 13-year-old out at night alone when it's raining??

Dad says he saw her talking to an older man in a Buick.. so did dad follow her to the store to know this? Did he notice her talking to this 'older man' yet still leave her or did this older man drive off?

If I saw my 13-year-old daughter talking to an older man in a dark car on a rainy night I wouldn't be letting her out of my reach! Something just doesn't feel right to me here. We've seen it before where perps create these imaginary villains to try and deflect attention elsewhere...

The cashier told dad she bought the coloring book and then left but is there any proof of this or just dad's word? CCTV?

Am I the only one who would never let my 13-year-old walk alone to the store at night (while raining) just for a coloring book? I'd either go with her, or at least say wait until the morning.

I could be wrong but my first instinct was that something is wrong with this story. But I suppose some parents wouldn't think twice about letting their 13-year-old walk alone at night, and if it was raining I could see Shevy accepting a ride home from a stranger.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Dog
Back