PA PA - Steven Whitenight, 30, Bloomsburg, 14 January 2016

Well, Mike, if his father said he would continue searching the river I would think that he himself doesn't think it impossible that Steven is in the river, deceased. After such a long time they have certainly entertained that possibility.

My advice would be to approach him with an offer to help searching, or spreading awareness, anything he needs/suggests, and then take from there. You could ask him about the river searches he planned last year, the areas he's searched, did he go by boat or just walked the shoreline, etc, and bring up the islands then if he has not searched there yet. A helicopter might miss small items hidden in brush etc, foot and boat searches are certainly necessary. You could offer to go with him, or to reach out to professional search teams, if he hasn't done that yet. I think he will be grateful.

Well, Mike, if his father said he would continue searching the river I would think that he himself doesn't think it impossible that Steven is in the river, deceased. After such a long time they have certainly entertained that possibility.

My advice would be to approach him with an offer to help searching, or spreading awareness, anything he needs/suggests, and then take from there. You could ask him about the river searches he planned last year, the areas he's searched, did he go by boat or just walked the shoreline, etc, and bring up the islands then if he has not searched there yet. A helicopter might miss small items hidden in brush etc, foot and boat searches are certainly necessary. You could offer to go with him, or to reach out to professional search teams, if he hasn't done that yet. I think he will be grateful.

Thats a solid approach. My wife and I will get together and make a plan. There are also several boating clubs down stream that we might reach out to after we speak with Steven Sr. If we explain the situation they may come up with some volunteers to get us to the islands to search. Ill update after we speak with him.

You and your wife are good people, Mike! Looking forward to your update.

Keep Searching ::: Day 653

Steven Whitenight, W/M/30,
NamUs MP # 35088,
Columbia County, Bloomsburg,
14 January 2016

Steven Eugene Whitenight Jr.
White / Male / 30 Years Old

5' 9" :: 170 Lbs. :: Green Eyes :: Brown Hair

Camouflage Orange Hunting Coat :: On Foot

8740f88e3ce04bb5a834f097e2fffbd0_6441236_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Bloomsburg, Columbia County, is in Eastern, PA.

Day 653

1)) http://www.pahomepage.com/news/cold-case-where-is-steven-whitenight-jr

National missing & Unidentified persons system
Case Report:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/35088

Our Thanks To Those Providing
On-Line,
Spiritual, & In-Person Assistance.

Thank you for the welcome and the kind words.

I do not know where Steven's father has searched, but as of the last news video posted on the Press Enterprise (a local news outlet) in 2016 he said he would continue searching the river. I don'tknow if a PI has been hired, but I remember reading that a state police helicopter searched the river and surrounding area for several days after he was reported missing.

As it happens, my wife works for a family in Millville where he lives, which is a very small town. My wife and I have thought of approaching him to swap information and ideas, however we arent sure how he would react to our theory that Steven has passed away. I dont know what its like to be in his shoes, and we dont want to end up upsetting him.

Any thoughts on how/if we should approach him? The one thing we do know is that we need to have our facts straight, and be able to show we have done some real homework. After all we want to help him, and he knows better than anyone what has and has not been done in the search.

Any new updates?

I wonder if that have confirmed that those were indeed HIS footprints leading away from the car.

And the GF is sketch if you ask me.

I wonder if that have confirmed that those were indeed HIS footprints leading away from the car.

And the GF is sketch if you ask me.

If you had a good photograph of the bottom of his shoes showing the wear patterns and a good picture of the prints, I could probably tell you within a 95% probability.

Hey guys, I wanted to post a LONG overdue update from my end. I did reach out to Mr. Whitenight, and left two voicemails at the number I found listed for him. They were respectful, and empathetic, hoping to express the fact that there are people in his corner who want to see some closure with Steven's case, and more importantly that I'm not just some kook from the internet sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

Unfortunately I did not receive a call back. I take it to mean one of two things, either it was the wrong number, or Mr. Whitenight isn't interested in talking, which I have respected. College classes got really heavy, so I have been putting all of my energy into that.

I would still like to see some resolution here. My plan was, if Mr. Whitenight had responded, o meet with him and bring maps of the area so that he could point out what has and hasn't been searched. I did successfully contact some of the boating clubs down stream who said they could get some volunteers to help search, however without some guidance from Mr. Whitenight it would be starting from scratch nearly 3 years after the fact.

I didn't really approach the girlfriend side of the case, for the simple fact that it's way too sticky and based on her past behavior, you can't believe a word she says.

In any case, sorry for the major break in contact, but that's all I have to report.

Steven E. Whitenight Jr. – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Whitenight was last seen in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania at 3:30 a.m. on January 14, 2016. He was delivering newspapers that morning. Half of the newspapers were later found left on the porch of his west Main Street residence, undelivered.

His white 1997 Ford Probe GT was found near the Bloomsburg Municipal Airport on Airport Road, with Whitenight's phone inside it and the keys in the ignition. There was a set of footprints through the snow, leading onto the bridge over the Susquehanna River.

Whitenight has never been heard from again. He has a history of disappearing from weeks at a time, but he's never been gone for this long. He hasn't used his bank accounts since his disappearance, and a search of the Susquehanna River turned up no sign of him. His case remains unsolved.

If the footprints lead to the bridge and no where else, that pretty much means he's in the river. The only exception, and this is rare, is for someone savvy enough to walk backwards in their own prints to the starting point. I can tell if someone has done this (indirect register), but I would needed to see the prints at the time they were found.

Man still missing after five years | PAhomepage.com

I am unfamiliar with this case, however I came across this article earlier today.

Five years ago Thursday a Columbia County family woke up to their son missing.

To this day Steven Whitenight Jr. has not been heard from or seen. The entrance to the Bloomsburg Airport is the vicinity where Whitenight’s cell phone was pinged by authorities. The last trace of the man.

Five years later the family continues looking for closure. They ask the public to take a look at the pictures and get familiar with them in hopes a lead to his whereabouts will bring them closure.

“If they remember anything out of the ordinary or unusual,” Whitenight Sr. said.

The whitenights understand they’re not alone.
Nearly 20,000 open cases of missing adults in the United States according to National Missing and Unidentified Persons System. In Pennsylvania alone? 449.

Eyewitness News spoke with the chief of police in Bloomsburg. He tells us this is considered a cold case. The department has entered Whitenight’s information into several databases to assist other agencies.

There are not a lot of places to conceal a body in that area. There is a small wooded area to the North West, but there should have been prints heading in that direction. I only see two scenario's, one he went into the river from the bridge and has never been found or he got into another vehicle. Leaving half the papers on a porch and leaving his personal effects in the car is an indicator he was making a break from his life for reasons unknown. I am at 50/50 for walkaway or drowning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back