PA PA - Steven Whitenight, 30, Bloomsburg, 14 January 2016

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by los2188, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

Well, Mike, if his father said he would continue searching the river I would think that he himself doesn't think it impossible that Steven is in the river, deceased. After such a long time they have certainly entertained that possibility.

My advice would be to approach him with an offer to help searching, or spreading awareness, anything he needs/suggests, and then take from there. You could ask him about the river searches he planned last year, the areas he's searched, did he go by boat or just walked the shoreline, etc, and bring up the islands then if he has not searched there yet. A helicopter might miss small items hidden in brush etc, foot and boat searches are certainly necessary. You could offer to go with him, or to reach out to professional search teams, if he hasn't done that yet. I think he will be grateful.

2. MikeM4ID

MikeM4ID New Member

Thats a solid approach. My wife and I will get together and make a plan. There are also several boating clubs down stream that we might reach out to after we speak with Steven Sr. If we explain the situation they may come up with some volunteers to get us to the islands to search. Ill update after we speak with him.

3. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

You and your wife are good people, Mike! Looking forward to your update.

4. Richrd

Richrd Six Year Member

Keep Searching ::: Day 653

Steven Whitenight, W/M/30,
    NamUs MP # 35088,
    Columbia County, Bloomsburg,
    14 January 2016

Steven Eugene Whitenight Jr.
    White / Male / 30 Years Old

5' 9" :: 170 Lbs. :: Green Eyes :: Brown Hair

Camouflage Orange Hunting Coat :: On Foot

[​IMG]

Bloomsburg, Columbia County, is in Eastern, PA.

Day 653

1)) http://www.pahomepage.com/news/cold-case-where-is-steven-whitenight-jr

National missing & Unidentified persons system
    Case Report:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/35088

Our Thanks To Those Providing
    On-Line,
    Spiritual, & In-Person Assistance.

5. tru2it4u

tru2it4u Member

Any new updates?

6. Richrd

Richrd Six Year Member

inmyhumbleopinion likes this.
  7. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

I wonder if that have confirmed that those were indeed HIS footprints leading away from the car.

And the GF is sketch if you ask me.

inmyhumbleopinion likes this.
  8. blonddizaster

blonddizaster Member

9. blonddizaster

blonddizaster Member

The Knight shield shirt from walmart caught my eye... so did the hands. and ears.

10. Trackergd

Trackergd SAR Search Manager and Footprint Tracker

If you had a good photograph of the bottom of his shoes showing the wear patterns and a good picture of the prints, I could probably tell you within a 95% probability.

11. MikeM4ID

MikeM4ID New Member

Hey guys, I wanted to post a LONG overdue update from my end. I did reach out to Mr. Whitenight, and left two voicemails at the number I found listed for him. They were respectful, and empathetic, hoping to express the fact that there are people in his corner who want to see some closure with Steven's case, and more importantly that I'm not just some kook from the internet sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

Unfortunately I did not receive a call back. I take it to mean one of two things, either it was the wrong number, or Mr. Whitenight isn't interested in talking, which I have respected. College classes got really heavy, so I have been putting all of my energy into that.

I would still like to see some resolution here. My plan was, if Mr. Whitenight had responded, o meet with him and bring maps of the area so that he could point out what has and hasn't been searched. I did successfully contact some of the boating clubs down stream who said they could get some volunteers to help search, however without some guidance from Mr. Whitenight it would be starting from scratch nearly 3 years after the fact.

I didn't really approach the girlfriend side of the case, for the simple fact that it's way too sticky and based on her past behavior, you can't believe a word she says.

In any case, sorry for the major break in contact, but that's all I have to report.

inmyhumbleopinion and Davia18 like this.
  12. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

13. ADKGemini

ADKGemini Well-Known Member

Steven E. Whitenight Jr. – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
    Whitenight was last seen in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania at 3:30 a.m. on January 14, 2016. He was delivering newspapers that morning. Half of the newspapers were later found left on the porch of his west Main Street residence, undelivered.

His white 1997 Ford Probe GT was found near the Bloomsburg Municipal Airport on Airport Road, with Whitenight's phone inside it and the keys in the ignition. There was a set of footprints through the snow, leading onto the bridge over the Susquehanna River.

Whitenight has never been heard from again. He has a history of disappearing from weeks at a time, but he's never been gone for this long. He hasn't used his bank accounts since his disappearance, and a search of the Susquehanna River turned up no sign of him. His case remains unsolved.

14. Trackergd

Trackergd SAR Search Manager and Footprint Tracker

If the footprints lead to the bridge and no where else, that pretty much means he's in the river. The only exception, and this is rare, is for someone savvy enough to walk backwards in their own prints to the starting point. I can tell if someone has done this (indirect register), but I would needed to see the prints at the time they were found.

CCJD likes this.