11/17/1982

Missing From - Youngwood, Pennsylvania

Age - 21

Race - White

Sex -
Male

Hair Color - Brown

Eye Color -
Blue (according to the Namus file) or Brown (according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)

Height - 65 - 67

Weight - 140 - 145

Medical Details -
Small scar underneath chin, jagged scar (approximately an inch in length) on knee and scar on left wrist.

Clothing - Dark green hooded sweatshirt, a plaid flannel shirt, blue jeans and blue tennis shoes.

Circumstances - The missing person was last seen at Crusan's Bar in Youngwood. Prior to his departure, he had a ten minute discussion on a telephone with a female acquaintance, then left the establishment. He did not take with him a number of personal belongings include his wallet, identification and a car (a 1968 Mustang), and failed to collect a cheque for payment from his place of employment the following day. Authorities believe he met with foul play, as although his parents stated that he may have been upset over the death of a close relative, his disappearance was completely out of character. The missing person had ties to North Carolina, Florida (where 'street talk' rumoured he had gone to) and Texas, but has not been seen or heard from by friends and relatives since he vanished. Several searches have been undertaken by volunteers and family, including in a strip mine east of the township, but no trace of him has ever been found.

*No photo on the Namus file, but appears in the 1980 Hempfield Area High School Yearbook which I am unable to access.

*No photo on the Namus file, but appears in the 1980 Hempfield Area High School Yearbook which I am unable to access.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Wallace, Terry.JPG
    Wallace, Terry.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 187
Wow - I work in Youngwood and live local - I have never heard of this missing persons case. I am going to see if I can do some digging.

Demographics
Missing Age20 Years
Current Age57 Years
First NameTerry
Middle NameDale
Last NameWallace
Nickname/Alias--

SexMale
Height5' 5" - 5' 7" (65 - 67 Inches)
Weight140 - 145 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactNovember 17, 1982
NamUs Case CreatedMarch 19, 2018
Last Known Location Map
LocationGreensburg, Pennsylvania
CountyWestmoreland County

Circumstances of DisappearanceCircumstances are unknown
Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBlue
Right Eye ColorBlue
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
Scar on left wrist, scar under chin

R/O

upload_2019-11-21_13-58-9.png

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Reactions: mrz
Did this 'female acquaintance' have any information as to his state of mind, or where he was headed at 1120 - if he wasn't going straight home?

I found this newspaper article on Terry's NamUs profile.
Terry%20Wallace%20article
Terry%20Wallace%20article

Terry%20Wallace%20article.jpg

Terry%20Wallace%202

Attachments

• Terry Wallace article.jpg
    Terry Wallace article.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 23
Terry Dale Wallace – The Charley Project

Terry Dale Wallace
Missing Since: 11/17/1982
Missing From: Youngwood, Pennsylvania
Classification: Endangered Missing

Male
Race: White
Age when first missing: 20 years old
Age today: 58 years old
Height and Weight: 5'5 - 5'7, 140 pounds

Clothing/Jewelry Description
A dark green hooded sweatshirt, a plaid flannel shirt, blue jeans and blue sneakers.

Distinguishing Characteristics
Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Wallace has a small scar under his chin, a scar on his left wrist and a jagged one-inch scar on his knee.

Details of Disappearance
Wallace was last seen in Youngwood, Pennsylvania on November 17, 1982. He walked out of Crusan's Bar on south Fourth Street at about 11:20 p.m. He never arrived home and has never been heard from again.

Wallace left all his belongings behind, including his wallet, identification, his last paycheck and and his vehicle, a 1968 Mustang.

Foul play is suspected in his case, which remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
Westmoreland County Detectives 724-830-3287

Ya know... This may seem a little off, Terry was seen last at Crusan's bar in Youngwood. I work in Youngwood, the street the bar was on and basically the entire main drag in Youngwood has been dug up, the are putting in water lines, gas lines it's a dang mess. Terry's NamUs profile was modified on 10/22/21, I am wondering... what if they found human remains? I am only speculating, maybe he was hit by a car when leaving the bar or maybe he tripped and fell...He just disappeared into thin air...

Moving case up. His NamUs profile is still up.

My speculation - the phone conversation and his disappearance are related somehow, at least indirectly.

How truly tragic for him and his family.

Moving case up. His NamUs profile is still up.

My speculation - the phone conversation and his disappearance are related somehow, at least indirectly.

How truly tragic for him and his family.

They just dug up the building right around where he was last seen at. They are putting a Dunkin Donuts in there now. Last fall it was the road it's self they dug up around where he was last seen. I would think too if they found any human remains we would hear about them in the tiny town of Youngwood. I hope one day his family has answers.

@chaddylex Not to take away from the seriousness of the case, but are you happy about the Dunkin' Donuts?

NamUs says he's missing from Greensburg. Is that essentially the same as Youngwood?

@chaddylex Not to take away from the seriousness of the case, but are you happy about the Dunkin' Donuts?

NamUs says he's missing from Greensburg. Is that essentially the same as Youngwood?
I have a Dunkin Donuts closer to my house and have only been there one time. ;) If anything it will be a traffic nightmare.

The bar Terry was last seen at was Crusan's in Youngwood. He was from Greensburg, which maybe 3 miles down the road. His case, Teresa Rhodes case who went missing from Greenburg in 1975, and Ada Groomes who went missing from Scottdale in 1988 are all my local cases. I won't comment on Ada's case - I know her family, so I just keep my thoughts to myself.:rolleyes:

Wallace was last seen in Youngwood, Pennsylvania on November 17, 1982. He walked out of Crusan's Bar on south Fourth Street at about 11:20 p.m. He never arrived home and has never been heard from again. Wallace left all his belongings behind, including his wallet, identification, his last paycheck and and his vehicle, a 1968 Mustang.

Hey @chaddylex how's the walk from Youngwood to Greensburg at that time of night? Busy road or quiet? Lots of forest? What would the weather be like in PA in November? (Cold I'd guess?)
I couldn't see the information but is it known if he was at the bar with friends? And his car, was it left at the bar or back in Greensburg? If it was back at home, how did he get to Youngwood? Was the route from the bar to his house ever checked? And also...is there some further info that make LE so strongly suspect foul play?

Hey @chaddylex how's the walk from Youngwood to Greensburg at that time of night? Busy road or quiet? Lots of forest? What would the weather be like in PA in November? (Cold I'd guess?)
I couldn't see the information but is it known if he was at the bar with friends? And his car, was it left at the bar or back in Greensburg? If it was back at home, how did he get to Youngwood? Was the route from the bar to his house ever checked? And also...is there some further info that make LE so strongly suspect foul play?

Well, the walk from Youngwood to Greensburg is along route 119. Youngwood is a little town with side walks with two lanes going North and two lanes on another street each with the speed limit of 25MPH.

Youngwood is almost like you blink your eye and you are thru it. ( I work in Youngwood) - once you are out of Youngwood, the speed limit goes between 45 and then back to 25 once you reach the city of Greensburg. It's busy. The walk could be done at night. We do have some wooded areas along the path between Youngwood and Greensburg but it's a straight shot highway between the two.

The weather in November is up and down. The low this morning was in the 30's and today it's supposed to reach almost 60 degrees. We have only had a dusting of snow once so far this month.

I wish I knew more about his disappearance since it's so local, but I only heard about it a few years back. I may post on facebook to see if anyone knows anything more about his disappearance.

Well, the walk from Youngwood to Greensburg is along route 119. Youngwood is a little town with side walks with two lanes going North and two lanes on another street each with the speed limit of 25MPH.

Youngwood is almost like you blink your eye and you are thru it. ( I work in Youngwood) - once you are out of Youngwood, the speed limit goes between 45 and then back to 25 once you reach the city of Greensburg. It's busy. The walk could be done at night. We do have some wooded areas along the path between Youngwood and Greensburg but it's a straight shot highway between the two.

The weather in November is up and down. The low this morning was in the 30's and today it's supposed to reach almost 60 degrees. We have only had a dusting of snow once so far this month.

I wish I knew more about his disappearance since it's so local, but I only heard about it a few years back. I may post on facebook to see if anyone knows anything more about his disappearance.
Thank-you, so it sounds like it was doable to walk and not too cold that he'd be in danger either and also there's potential that he'd have been seen if he was walking along route 119. Had a look on maps and route 119 doesn't look very safe to walk along, no sidewalks. Not sure if was the same in 82 but I saw "old route 119" that runs along the side and wondered if he'd have walked along that as a sager route, it looks much more quiet and secluded.

I'm not even convinced he headed back to Greensburg, I'd be very interested in where the female acquaintance lived and if he was in fact heading there instead?

I'd live it if you could get some local gossip on this case!

Thank-you, so it sounds like it was doable to walk and not too cold that he'd be in danger either and also there's potential that he'd have been seen if he was walking along route 119. Had a look on maps and route 119 doesn't look very safe to walk along, no sidewalks. Not sure if was the same in 82 but I saw "old route 119" that runs along the side and wondered if he'd have walked along that as a sager route, it looks much more quiet and secluded.

I'm not even convinced he headed back to Greensburg, I'd be very interested in where the female acquaintance lived and if he was in fact heading there instead?

I'd live it if you could get some local gossip on this case!
The part of Route 119 thru Youngwood does have sidewalks and would be safe, but once you are out of it and heading to Greensburg, it wouldn't be safe at all. Route 119 also runs From Youngwood the whole way down to almost the West Virginia boarder. Most of that is also highway miles and not safe at all.

Old Route 119 is kind of on the outskirts. I wish I knew what part of Greensburg he lived. It's considered a city, and Hempfield township runs thru it also.

I will let you know if I find anything out from my FB post. I honestly doubt I will since it happened in 1982 (I was 7 years old) but I will try.

From what i could find online for Pittsburgh (not that far away so weather would be similar, the temp overnight from 11/17 to 11/18 was around 43º. I'd guess a bit warmer than average for that time of the year.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back