GUILTY PA - "The Boy in the Bag", Philadelphia, 1994 - Jerell Willis, 4

meggilyweggily said:
I've been Googling periodically all day and got nothing. I don't have a TV so I can't watch the news and in any case I'm in Arkansas.

I do wish they'd hurry up. I'm really anxious to know who this child was and who hurt him and whether they're in custody yet. (Here's to hoping that merciless person will be Dahmered in prison. I'm against the death penalty as an institution but some individuals just deserve it.)
I've always been up in the air about the death penalty but when it comes to crimes against children, I'd be able to impose it myself. I see no use for people that could do something like this to a child.

If I see anything, I'll post as soon as I do.

On the original link there are three video feeds on the right hand side.

One says "Walt Hunter reports violence plagued the life of a young murder victim"

the second says "Stephanie Abrams has reaction to developments in the case of a murdered young boy"

and finally the third says "Natasha Brown reveals new developments in the mysterious murder of a young boy"

I cannot open them from here, not sure why.

Prayers for justice, Lanie

I just found this update on Philadelphia's ABC Channel 6. An arrest has been made but it doesn't give the boy's name.....

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/030405_nw_94murder.html

11-Year-Old Murder Mystery Solved

March 4, 2005 — Philadelphia police say they have solved the murder of a little boy 11-years ago, and they say the killer was the boy's mother.

It was May 27th, 1994 when a workman discovered the body of a 4-year-old boy in a vacant lot in Olde City.

But it was just a month ago when this cold case started to heat up.

Today, police went to Camden to arrest the boy's 32-year-old mother and her boyfriend. Officials say the mother has confessed.

(Copyright 2005 by Action News. All Rights Reserved.)

Argh, this is so frustrating! I really want to know who that boy is. I don't have any New Jersey cases that match his particulars.

I can't open the videos either; it says I don't have the right plugin.

Meg & Lanie... I can open the video links and they are the just the same ones from yesterday stating that there will be be a announcement tomorrow (today!). So, no new info from them. I am frustrated with CBS Channel 3 saying that they would have something in 24 hours and then not delivering.

meggilyweggily said:
Argh, this is so frustrating! I really want to know who that boy is. I don't have any New Jersey cases that match his particulars.

I can't open the videos either; it says I don't have the right plugin.

I was doing research on a case from New Jersey last night and also did not see anyone who would match. Their site has some older cases, too.

Perhaps she didn't report him as missing. That would fit, since she killed him.

Very tragic that this little one lost his life at the hands of the one who brought him into this world.

*waving to Meaghan* Thanks for all your work for the missing!

I pray justice is swift for this beautiful child, Lanie

kcanal said:
Meg & Lanie... I can open the video links and they are the just the same ones from yesterday stating that there will be be a announcement tomorrow (today!). So, no new info from them. I am frustrated with CBS Channel 3 saying that they would have something in 24 hours and then not delivering.

Thanks, Karen!!

Blessings to you, Lanie

meggilyweggily said:
When the story of the impending arrest first came out, didn't they mention or give the impression that the mother traveled quite a long way to put him where she did? Camden is right across the bridge from there. Could the mother have relocated here from wherever her & the little boy may have been from? Although if that is the case, I don't know why she would choose to move in so close to where she left him. Maybe there are some psychological aspects to it that would help us better determine where they might have originally come from?

GRR. I called the Philly PD just now and demanded to know who that child was. They said they couldn't give me that information over the phone. *bangs her head against the wall*

meggilyweggily said:
GRR. I called the Philly PD just now and demanded to know who that child was. They said they couldn't give me that information over the phone. *bangs her head against the wall*
Did they mention when the details might be made public?

STILL no identity. I don't think it's been released at all.
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/states/pennsylvania/11064828.htm

Mother arrested in 1994 death of 'Boy in the Bag'

Another arrest is expected. The slaying of the child, 4, found in a duffel bag in Old City, had been a mystery.
[size=-1]By Larry King[/size]
[size=-1]Inquirer Staff Writer[/size]
One of Philadelphia's saddest murder mysteries - the 1994 discovery of a 4-year-old boy, beaten to death and stuffed inside a duffel bag in Old City - has been solved, a Philadelphia homicide detective said early today.

The boy's mother has been arrested and charged with abusing his corpse, but her name has not yet been released. Another arrest, for the boy's murder, is imminent, homicide Lt. Michael Chitwood said, and might be announced tomorrow.

"As far as the mystery of who he is and who killed him, we know that," Chitwood said of the child who became known as the Boy in the Bag. "It is just a matter of the other dominoes falling into place."

Chitwood said the boy was murdered in a "neighboring jurisdiction" then strategically dumped in Philadelphia.

The child's skeletonized remains were found on May 27, 1994, in the 300 block of North Lawrence Street. An autopsy showed the boy had been beaten to death, with blunt force trauma to the head and torso. His remains were found inside a nylon bag beneath the Ben Franklin Bridge, wrapped in bedsheets and a towel.

For years, the body lay unclaimed at the city morgue. In 2001, an elderly woman from North Philadelphia arranged for the boy to have a funeral, and his ashes were buried in Juniata Park on Ash Wednesday, beneath a headstone saying "God bless this grave of this unknown boy."

Chitwood said Detective George Fetters and Sgt. Robert Kuhlmeier solved the case after an uncle of the boy contacted them last month. Using that tip, the detectives conducted numerous interviews that led them to the suspects, Chitwood said, as well as a horrific account of a brutalized child's life.

"Based on what we are told by the mother, and based on the results of the autopsy, you learn that this boy had just a horrendous life," Chitwood said. "His last day of life, his last 24 hours, would make you cry."

Chitwood said a search warrant to obtain the mother's DNA was obtained before her arrest. He said he expected additional information, including the identity of the killer, to be released as early as tomorrow.

And in time, Chitwood said, the boy's headstone will finally have a name on it.

"It will," he said, "if I have to put it there myself."

I have been lurking on this website for about a month now, and finally joined yesterday so I could post about this case. This case has haunted me, but now there will be answers.

Thank you, meggily, for the post on this unidentified child. I have been obsessed with this ever since i heard the news last week, checking hourly on kyw's website for updates. Let there be justice for this child.

Aha! They haven't released the name because they are planning another arrest. If they release the name, the perp could bolt. Or they might be waiting to see if someone tries to bolt.

Camden County Prosecutor Vincent P. Sarubbi said Sunday that New Jersey investigators also are involved in the case. Philadelphia police Homicide Unit detectives believe the boy was killed in Camden and his body then carried here, possibly on a bus, and dumped on the lot. The skeletal remains were found May 27, 1994. An autopsy later revealed that the boy had been beaten to death, with trauma to the head and torso. Investigators said they have identified a man as a second person of interest in the case.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/states/new_jersey/11078324.htm

mysteriew said:
Camden County Prosecutor Vincent P. Sarubbi said Sunday that New Jersey investigators also are involved in the case. Philadelphia police Homicide Unit detectives believe the boy was killed in Camden and his body then carried here, possibly on a bus, and dumped on the lot. The skeletal remains were found May 27, 1994. An autopsy later revealed that the boy had been beaten to death, with trauma to the head and torso. Investigators said they have identified a man as a second person of interest in the case.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/states/new_jersey/11078324.htm
Thanks for the update!!!!

"Alicia Robinson, 32, of the 6100 block of Reedland Street in Southwest Philadelphia, was arrested and charged last week with abuse of a corpse and hindering apprehension in the boy's death. His name has not been released. Investigators here and in Camden were waiting for DNA test results to conclusively link the boy's remains to Robinson."

So, not D'Wan then. In which case I believe the child was never reported missing at all, so I'd had never heard of him.
I read somewhere that the cops got the break when the kid's uncle came to them with information. Brave man.

meggilyweggily said:
"Alicia Robinson, 32, of the 6100 block of Reedland Street in Southwest Philadelphia, was arrested and charged last week with abuse of a corpse and hindering apprehension in the boy's death. His name has not been released. Investigators here and in Camden were waiting for DNA test results to conclusively link the boy's remains to Robinson."

So, not D'Wan then. In which case I believe the child was never reported missing at all, so I'd had never heard of him.
I read somewhere that the cops got the break when the kid's uncle came to them with information. Brave man.
Thank God for that uncle. At least that little boy had someone in that family that cared enough to finally come forward. How do people live with themselves? I'm assuming the woman is the boy's mother?

God Bless this baby's soul. How could anyone, especially a mother do this to a child? When I read about stories like this, it makes me so unbelievably furious that I just want to rip the head off the person that did it.

Justice for this little angel :angel: who I hope is resting peacefully in our Lord's arms in Heaven.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back