GUILTY PA - Timothy Davison, 28, murdered by mistake while driving on I-81, Antrim Township, 4 Jan 2014

Its terrible that things like this are happening. One time when my husband and I were in Detroit, we turned a corner next to a park in Mexican town. A car came flying up to us fast and pulled across in front of us at an angle and blocked us in so there was no way to escape. A maniac came raging up to our window demanding that we put the window down. He was saying something about not liking my husband's driving, even though my husband had done nothing wrong. I told my husband not to react and to just look the other way and sit still until the guy stopped screaming at us. I didn't want things to escalate so we would get shot. This was before we had cell phones so we couldn't call the police. The guy kept yelling and then he started saying if my husband didn't drive different he was going to need his services, implying he was a lawyer and holding a business card up to our car window. We ingored him and then he got in his car and shot off around the corner driving extremely fast and weaving in and out of cars. The guy was wearing a fancy suit and had a fancy new car. It was very scary. I was too shocked to even think of getting the guy's license number and reporting him to the police. So, he got away with it and probably did it to other people too. If he was a lawyer, I sure wouldn't want to hire him! I was just glad he didn't shoot us. I was afraid my husband would argue back and get us killed, so I kept telling him to just stay quiet and wait it out.

How awful! I added the victim's name and location to the thread title.

Looks like this thread has been silent for a while. Maybe we can get it going again. I have a couple things:

I checked the weights of your avg. Ranger and your avg. Montero. Ranger: 3000lbs. Montero: 3800lbs., if not more. That's a sizeable difference. That would be like my Taurus getting pushed off the road by a Ford Focus. Yes, I know Timothy was getting shot at but he definitely had the advantage in vehicle size. I'd think he would try to avoid any contact to start because he didn't want to damage his SUV. But after the first collision happens, wouldn't he realize this is more than just someone playing around? Wouldn't Timothy have tried to fight back with his large vehicle? What I'm saying is: Is it possible the person driving the Ranger had some kind of special driver training? Given his vehicle's size, he was at a disadvantage but still managed to push the heavy SUV off the road.

Did I read somewhere that one of the bullets shot during the driving part of this encounter struck the headrest of Timothy's SUV? Is that right? That's a pretty accurate shot given the person was driving a car, at a high speed, at night, and the person he was trying to shoot was doing his best to get out of the way. I wonder if the Ranger driver had special gun training as well.

Did any of you watch the video from the Auto Auction where it shows the Ranger pulling to the side of the road? Did you notice the driver used his turn signal when he did that? That struck me as very odd--not the action of a cold-blooded killer, I would say. So, the guy is getting ready to kill someone but he wants to make sure he obeys traffic laws? That's pretty OCD if you ask me. What's even odder about it is he didn't have to use his turn signal--watch the video: Another car doesn't come by on his side of the road for several seconds. So, he used that turn signal out of habit, not out of necessity. Tells me he is an otherwise law-abiding citizen.

I absolutely do not want to get into any political discussion on here--it's not the place to do so--but did Timothy have any bumper stickers on his car. We've all been there no matter what ideology or philosophy we subscribe to--sometimes we see things on other people's cars that drive us nuts. I bring this up because I don't believe some guy in a Ranger went out that night for the expressed reason of killing another motorist. Furthermore, we know this was a random occurrence--nothing like that has happened in that area of the country since then. We know that person used his turn signal while pulling over to the side of the road, seconds before he shot Timothy to death--so it wasn't some deranged person. Nor was it somebody who was drunk since the gun shots were accurate. So, I'm looking for a reason that might set the Ranger driver off at 2am--a bumper sticker of some political/religious/philosophical agenda might do that.

Also, what kind of driver was Timothy? We all have friends who are very good drivers and ones who aren't so good. Was Timothy a left lane cruiser? That upsets people on highways more than anything. I'm not trying to blame the victim but since there have been no incidents like this since then, we have to dismiss the possibility of some kind of "kill for thrill" scenario. I gotta believe something very tangible and concrete set this confrontation off that got Timothy killed. And that Timothy doesn't mention anything about it in his 911 calls tells me he might've unknowingly upset this Ranger guy.

For example, I think if Timothy cut this guy off or whatever and knew it he would've said something to the 911 operator like: "Yeah, I cut this guy off. I didn't mean to. But now this Ranger guy's ticked off and following me." But, he doesn't say that. In fact he seems completely confused by the entire encounter. And from my experience, left lane cruisers never truly understand why people get ticked off at them, for example. That's why I'd be interested to know what kind of driver Timothy was.

Okay, well, nobody else wants to contribute, so I guess I'll continue.

First, most of the news stories regarding this murder aren't correct. Most of them say the killer u-turned to head back south AFTER shooting Timothy. But that's not true. The driver of the Ranger pushed Timothy off the road, traveled north, THEN u-turned to come back south to shoot Timothy.

Second, it's taken for granted that the Ranger headed back to MD after shooting Timothy. But, there's no proof of that. Sure, maybe somebody saw the Ranger leave the scene heading south but that doesn't mean anything. It could've easily gone a mile down the road, turned around, and headed north again, right? Now, if somebody would've caught at least the State plate on the Ranger and it was from Maryland, then we could make a pretty good guess the Ranger went back to Maryland. But, nobody saw that. So really, the Ranger and the killer could be anywhere now--we shouldn't take for granted the murderer was a MD resident.

Third, all the "example" pictures of the Ranger show a 2WD truck. Are we sure it was 2WD and not 4WD? I ask because of the u-turn situation. I did a Google map search of that area of I-81, specifically the area to the north of the crime scene. Why? I wanted to see if there was one of those paved emergency turn-arounds to the north of it. There wasn't. Why is that important? Well, anybody who has seen the pictures and the video knows how much snow was on the ground in that area at the time of the shooting. And it would've been very dicey for the driver of a 2WD pickup to make a u-turn through an uneven, sloped median of grass covered with snow--it's the very reason 2WD trucks don't sell well in Pennsylvania. So, did the cops find the spot where the killer did the u-turn through the snow-covered median north of the crime scene? Because if they didn't, that means the guy traveled the whole way north to the next exit, turned around, and came back--a trip that would've taken at least a couple minutes. And if they did find the u-turn spot in the snow, and they have definitively determined that the Ranger was 2WD, this goes back to my belief that the killer had some kind of driving expertise. Because driving a 2WD on a snow-covered road is tough enough. Driving one on snow-covered grass? Very very tough.

Fourth, if you watch the video to the very end, you'll notice the white cargo van and the last 18 wheeler both put on their brakes as they're going out of camera range. In addition, the 18 wheeler puts on its left turn signal. To me this means the Ranger was still parked on the right side of the road as those vehicles passed and the 18 wheelers moved to the left hand lane as a courtesy. However, that same 18 wheeler also hits its brakes. What I think happened was both of those vehicles saw the Ranger on the right berm, so they hit moved to the passing lane to make room. Then, when they saw the Montero in the median, they hit their brakes to slow down. I'm wondering if the cargo van driver and the 18 wheelers driver were ever located. Because I'm sure the Ranger was still there when they passed.

http://cumberlink.com/no---interstate-shooting/article_cd0348a4-8e41-11e4-ac43-3fc0bac50904.html

The mystery behind the identity of the shooter remains unsolved as the investigation continues into the death of 28-year-old Timothy Davison of Poland, Maine...

Since the shooting in January, State Police have repeatedly asked for assistance from those who were traveling on I-81 at the time. According to surveillance footage from a nearby business, police said they know there were cars on the road before and after the crash and shooting, which means someone must have seen something that could help them in their investigation.

So far, there have been no arrests, and police have not released information for months.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/11/i-81_homicide_davison_asti_sho.html

Allocca said she continues to receive help from several people in various states who have offered to hang flyers detailing specifics on her son's killing along the I-81 corridor.

There are also plans to erect a billboard with information on the case along I-81 close to where the shooting occurred...

PA Crime Stoppers and Davison's family are offering separate rewards for information that leads to an arrest and prosecution in the case. The Crime Stoppers reward is $10,000 and the family has raised roughly $12,000, Allocca said.

FB group: https://www.facebook.com/justice.forasti

Justice for Asti website: http://justiceforasti.com

http://www.pressherald.com/2015/01/11/pennsylvania-road-rage-victims-family-increases-reward/

Davison’s mother, Theresa Allocca, also of Poland, said during an interview Sunday night that her family is now offering a $50,000 reward for any tip that leads to the arrest and conviction of Davison’s killer... Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers, a nonprofit organization, is also offering a $10,000 reward...

For more information about the reward or the video, go to www.justiceforasti.com.

Allocca said the YouTube video, which features background music, is a little “cheesy.” But she said it was designed to reach a different audience – one that is younger and not as likely to watch the network television news.

This case has always bothered me. I hope the reward helps to solve it.....this poor guy didn't deserve to die in this manner.

A couple more thoughts 6 months after my last contribution.

I continue to convince myself that a person in law enforcement did this to Timothy. No, I'm not saying there's a police cover-up. Instead, I believe this might've been an off-duty cop committing this crime on his own. I've already detailed some of the reasons for my suspicion in past posts.

But, I have two more thoughts.

First, Maryland has very strict gun laws--some of the toughest in the nation. Given this, and with the assumption that the shooter was from Maryland, I find it hard to believe that a regular Maryland citizen would be riding around with a gun in the car. However, I could see a cop riding around with his firearm in his truck.

Second, it's always seemed strange to me that the shooter would wait fifteen miles before running Timothy off the road. I mean, once the shooter started firing at Timothy, wouldn't the killer want to get Timothy stopped as fast as possible? However, the wreck didn't happen until they entered Pennsylvania. I don't think this is a coincidence. If the murder happens in MD, it's a MD State Police case only. Meaning, the investigation will be more efficient and MD cops might be able to start putting up roadblocks a lot faster that night.

However, by committing the murder in Pennsylvania, the shooter guaranteed that the PA State Police, and not the MD police, would be heading the investigation. The PA police would have to figure out where the SUV came from. Which way was it was headed, since it was so close to the border. And then, if they figure out it came from MD, then they have to contact MD police. It all takes time and is quite laborious--lots of moving parts.

Yes, the MD police are involved but getting Pennsylvania involved muddies the jurisdictional waters a bit. Plus, we know how police departments don't always cooperate with each other very well.

A cop would think like this as he is chasing somebody--a regular person would not.

Really, really good thoughts, fasteddy! I never thought that way but totally get what you are thinking.

Hope u and Veritas can solve this awful crime.

I'm from MD and I think your theory is very interesting. Something I never thought about before.

Sent By Owl

This story has been front and center locally here in Maryland. They have now said that they believe the suspect vehicle to be a Ford Ranger XLT, dark in color, possibly blue. To me that is a pretty specific identification, hopefully they learned a lesson from the Sniper case and they are positive that is the vehicle we are looking for. I also found it interesting that they said they thought the original encounter may have started on I70 as I have no reason to imagine why Mr.Davidson would have been using that route.

I think the priority for police should be determining a close to exact location for where the incident began to identify a direction of travel for the suspect, and also taking into account the fact that he turned around and headed south after the fatal encounter. I was able to find a couple of cases of extreme road rage involving a blue small size pick up but those cases were in California and Washington state.

I agree, very important to determine the exact origin of the attack, where it happened on the freeway. But even an approximation on the highway from where Davison first called from won't be proof of where the attacker really came from--lots of roads leading into I-81 in that area--from Frederick MD, via I-70? From WV? Just after 2:00 am, when the bars close? I'm not sure why authorities can be so sure it was a Ford Ranger--yes the victim identified it as such, but how could they confirm from the grainy surveillance video taken from the Mason-Dixon Auto Auction? Though we all worried if this person would strike again, I have a feeling that if authorities haven't been able to pin this on someone already, that (a) the attacker is not a serial killer, and (b) this was an isolated incident, as senseless as it seemed.

John Wayne Strawser Jr. -- W/M/38 -- For 1st Degree Murder of:

Timothy "Asti" Davison -- W/M/28

Franklin County is in South-Central, PA.

Day 626

Mon., Sep. 21st: WHP-TV :

http://www.local21news.com/news/fea...ubted-arrest-would-happen-207969.shtml?wap=0&:

Includes Interview with Timothy's Mother.

Lower Court Docket Sheet:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-39305-CR-0000194-2015 :

18 § 2502 §§ A (F1) :: Murder Of The First Degree

Historically, Pre-Trial Confinement Without Bail.

Well, I'm man enough to admit when I'm WAY off. Mistaken identity? Nope, never would've thought that. And I don't think anything the general public knew would've made anyone think that either. It took a couple people intimately involved with this Strawser guy to figure how he was the shooter. I'm just happy the Davison family found their son's killer.

Quite a surprise...you would have thought at some point he would have noticed the Maine plates, but I guess not.

Thankfully this lunatic is in jail now.

From September:

http://www.echo-pilot.com/article/20150922/NEWS/150929966

Jamie Breese contacted PSP at 3:15 p.m. April 20. He described a man he and his wife Courtney knew as John Strawser, who had been arrested in West Virginia. Strawser drove a dark colored Ford Ranger, got into rages, and Breese believed he had been searching for the couple the night of Jan. 3, 2014. Breese thought Strawser may have thought Davison’s vehicle was their own.

The next morning he heard about the shooting and thought Strawser might have done it. The suspect had been a friend of Courtney Breese, and used to stalk her... Courtney said Strawser had been a family friend for years, and she reluctantly admitted to having a relationship with him while she was married. He displayed unpredictable behavior, was possessive and got violent, she said.

On the night Davison was killed, the couple left Cloud 9, a dance club in Bunker Hill, W. Va. and headed north on I-81 to Pennsylvania. Strawser began calling and texting them in a threatening manner. His truck was a dark blue. Courtney said he changed the color to black and green later. Jamie said the suspect worked in automotive jobs and could have painted it himself.

From October:

http://www.theet.com/prestoncountyn...cle_e709c4ef-19cc-576b-84ce-06130cfe7f11.html

Strawser was indicted with the first-degree murder of Amy Lou Buckingham, 43, of Tunnelton as well as fleeing with reckless indifference and fleeing causing injury to an officer on Oct. 20 by the Preston County Grand Jury.

Strawser pled not guilty to all three counts and was ordered to stand trial beginning Feb. 16, 2016 in Preston County Circuit Court.

The defendant allegedly shot Buckingham on Apr. 17 outside her Tunnelton home.

Accused I-81 killer still awaiting extradition to Pa. to face murder charge - December

http://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/tri_state/pennsylvania/accused-i--killer-still-awaiting-extradition-to-pa-to/article_a6e15b1e-d5ce-5123-89a0-d86e0ed1f71b.html

Pennsylvania and West Virginia government officials are working together to extradite a man charged with first-degree murder in the January 2014 shooting of an Interstate 81 motorist, according to Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf's office.

John W. Strawser Jr., 39, is serving a sentence of life in prison plus one to five years in a separate case. He is incarcerated at Tygart Valley Regional Jail in Belington, W.Va.

"The governor's office, along with the Franklin County (Pa.) District Attorney's Office, is working with the state of West Virginia concerning an agreement that would bring Mr. Strawser to Pennsylvania to face his charges. No further details are available at this time," Wolf spokesman Jeffrey Sheridan said Thursday.

Ask/answered: Trial status for accused I81 killer

http://cumberlink.com/news/opinion/blogs/ask_answer/ask-answered-trial-status-for-accused-i-killer/article_faaa22f4-0d28-52d4-8dac-2e7a4c699e9f.html

Three years ago Wednesday, Timothy Davison, 28, of Poland, Maine, was shot and killed on Interstate 81 near Greencastle in Franklin County.

Strawser is charged with first degree murder for the shooting death of Davison and is currently awaiting extradition to Pennsylvania for proceedings in that case, according to court records.

Representatives from Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf and West Virginia Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin’s offices have been working out an executive agreement to remove typical time constraints imposed on extraditions to allow time for Strawser’s proceedings, according to Franklin County District Attorney Matthew Fogal.

Fogal said that agreement was still being worked out.

Dates for Strawser’s preliminary arraignment and preliminary hearing have not been set, according to court records.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back