GUILTY PA - Timothy Gilmore, 40, & Rian Thal, 34, murdered, Philadelphia, 27 June 2009

These robbers, turned killers, were just total idiots werent they? Unbelievable.

So what exactly was the plan here then? I'm confused. Was EVERYONE in on it, but they just didnt realize it?

Crazy stuff there. Based on that articles info though, I dont think there would be a mistrail, or if there was, it would not be with prejudice.

no mistrial, judge told jury to disregard the testimony of the witness who refused to testify when the defence were to cross examine him

did they clear up who was in on the burglary and who wasnt? That article I read earlier about that one defendant's testimony was clear as mud. Did they intend to kill them all along or was that really just a panic/spur of the moment thing?

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b...was_shot_execution_style.html?cmpid=125219969

seems from what the ME testified to that Rian was executed, with the gun actually touching her skull, the state seems to feel this shows she was not in on it as it was not a robbery gone wrong, or not her accomplices deciding to shoot her as the planned robbery she was in on went wrong

I am totally flummoxed still as to what did happen, or even what the original plan was, if they intended to rob them they why not wait until they were either in the apartment or right at the door to get access to the drugs and cash, the attack was outside the apartment and one of the victims was shot as he ran from the attackers, the attackers (now murderers) then fled not even attempting to grab any cash or drugs,

just seems very bizarre to me, to me it was more like an execution and the robbery that wasn't done was the after thought to the execution

thus once they had killed the victims the after thought robbery was of less importance and the attackers fled

I do hope the state now prosecutes the witness who was a part of the conspiracy to the full extent of the law and removes his plea deal after he refused to testify fully

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back