GUILTY PA - Timothy Gilmore, 40, & Rian Thal, 34, murdered, Philadelphia, 27 June 2009

I think our problem here is in trying to make logical sense of what happened here. The video footage leads us to believe these guys were very well organized, etc. But I dont think they were at all. I think they only had a very vague plan of what was going to happen and even that was not thought through at all. The confrontation occurred sooner that it should have, the "plan" went out he window immediately, someone over reacted and started shooting and then everyone just fled.

I don't know whether it came up in testimony or where it was mentioned but I did read on twitter that Rian was executed because it was thought by some she was working for the Feds, this must have come from one or more of the defendants testimony/statements

fits in with my original theory that I felt her murder appeared more like an execution than a robbery gone bad

closings today, jury should get case tomorrow

the idea of her being executed as a possible informant came from defence closings, and clsoings have been done jury gets the case tomorrow

I don't know whether it came up in testimony or where it was mentioned but I did read on twitter that Rian was executed because it was thought by some she was working for the Feds, this must have come from one or more of the defendants testimony/statements

fits in with my original theory that I felt her murder appeared more like an execution than a robbery gone bad

closings today, jury should get case tomorrow

Well thats a thought. Could be that was the true motive and some of the other accomplices were brought in by telling them it was going to be a robbery. Somewhere one of the witnesses must have mentioned this belief that Rian was an informant if it was referred to in closing. I'm not really sure that it would matter one way or the other.

I read that article and learned a little more. But I still dont knwo what to believe here. I don't buy the argument that he didnt know this was going on. Pretty sure he is guilty. But I still dont fully understand what the "plan" was. With all the cameras in that building, there was NO WAY they were going to get away with it, whether it was a robbery or an execution. there is certainly plenty of evidence; enough to convict. But the motive is really unclear. Strange case.

Is there video of the actual shooting that we are not allowed to see? or is what has been posted all there is?

I think there is actual video of the shooting as the witness who was watching through the spy hole was seen on video leaving the apartment and stepping over the bodies, that is how LE knew he was there and were able to track him down,

I find it incredible that the actual shooters wandered around the complex and appeared unconcerned with hiding there identities, maybe they were told the cameras were just dummy cameras and they need not be worried they were being filmed,

from what the witness says adds to the execution rather than robbery gone bad theory as they started to shoot them before they even got to the door, if it was a robbery then surely they would have pounced as the victims opened the door thus they would have had access to the apartment to rob it,

I guess we will never know, it is one big murky mess with defendants testifying for lesser sentences so how truthful they are we don't know, and others who may have been involved according to some not being charged,

I guess the jury didnt care about motive. Such a stupic crime.

I just saw this case on a crime show - I know this thread is old, but I was trying to figure out what exactly happened and I found this. I think it is possible that this was a robbery and they knew well that it would be on camera, but they intended for it to happen quickly and smoothly. No one was going to report it due to the illegal nature of the transaction, and I doubt the hotel would be looking to get involved if they did monitor the tapes or review them consistently. Maybe they thought the surrender would be immediate, but instead for whatever reason they panicked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back