GUILTY PA - Tom, 51, Lisa, 47, & Kevin Haines, 16, murdered, Manheim Twp, 12 May 2007

Glad to hear he got 3 life sentences and that in PA there is no parole for life sentences. :clap: :clap:

I can't believe he thought it would be "more interesting" to kill Kevin because he was his friend. And he wanted to rape the older sister? :eek: I'm so glad she was able to make it out safely and I pray she'll find peace some day. May her family rest in peace.

Everyone that I've spoken to here is happy with the verdict. None of us want him to ever get out of jail, and it looks like this will keep him in. Watching Maggie on video for her victim's statement made me cry. :(
And reaction on the father's turning over information is decidedly mixed. Our family is friendly with a couple who were very close to the Haines family, and Alec's father was not quite as forthcoming as it was made out to be. I don't want to give away my "source" so I won't say much more, but he didn't turn over the evidence until he was threatened with obstruction of justice. So it's very hard to see things from the family's perspective and read all these things in the press about the Kreider Dad being so great. The Haines family (at least the ones who are still alive to speak for themselves) would have fought very hard to see that he never received the reward money.

after reading excerpts of his "diary" I think worse of this kid than I did before, and I didn't think it was possible to think any less of a person.... How disgusting.

after reading excerpts of his "diary" I think worse of this kid than I did before, and I didn't think it was possible to think any less of a person.... How disgusting.

Do you have a link for the excerpts from his diary?

I would like to read that info.

TY

Exerpts of his diary are here: www.lancasteronline.com.
There are also some very gruesome details about what happened that night.

TY SoccerMom.

It is chilling to think this kid was able to hide that part of himself so well from everyone. But from his journal entries it seems that he had been doing just that. Very thought provoking..because until then I am sure everyone thought of him as a nice young man.

TY SoccerMom.

It is chilling to think this kid was able to hide that part of himself so well from everyone. But from his journal entries it seems that he had been doing just that. Very thought provoking..because until then I am sure everyone thought of him as a nice young man.

I don't know DD. I am hearing stories now about Halloween displays at his house (done by him) that were horribly gruesome. I didn't see them myself, so I can't really say. Just speculation. I also have heard that two boys at the school (Manheim Township High School) gave Alec's name to the police when they were first interviewing. One said that Alec was bragging that he got away with murder. Both kids are quoted on the Lancaster Online website anonymously. This whole thing is just terrible. I saw Maggie's video testimony and I cried my eyes out.

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/223249 Portrait of a young killer.

I wonder why he ever confessed to his father, of the crime.. he was in a mental health facility as well.

This kid couldve very likely gotten away with his crime, had he not confessed. The police had nothing, up until that confession.

The latest article indicated that they had two separate tips, other than from the father, that suggested he was the killer and they were closing in on him.

I think that while he was at Philhaven either part of this came out in a counseling seession, or he wrote about it in a journal or bragged about it to another kid there. If he did brag about it, the other kid would have been scared to death and would have told the counselors or aides. At that point they would have approached Alec and they would have notified his parents since he was not 18 .

Portrait of a young killer
Court testimony and his own journals show triple murderer to be an evil, merciless, mocking and tormented teenager.

Indeed, no one could have seen this explosion of brutality coming, Stedman told reporters after Kreider had been sentenced to life in prison.

"You saw him," Stedman addressed reporters, referring to Kreider's quiet yes and no answers and dispassionate appearance in court. "Did he look like a monster walking around with a knife killing people?

"I think it's difficult for anybody and the community to say we have that kind of person in our community, going to our schools with our children, with our brothers, sisters, what have you, interacting. But I think that's the harsh reality of this case. It's much more disturbing than it seems."

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/223249

Updating an older case.

Alec Kreider's letter from jail
WHP CBS 21 Harrisburg
Sep. 12, 2012. 10:10 PM EST
Video at the link

Kreider appeal placed on hold
Intelligencer Journal, Lancaster New Era
Updated Aug 13, 2012 22:17
Judge assigns lawyer to convicted killer
By BRETT HAMBRIGHT, Staff Writer

514061_190.jpg

Alec Kreider

Convicted triple-murderer Alec Kreider's latest appeal, in which he calls himself a "mere child" in 2007 when he killed three members of a Manheim Township family, will have to wait.

Referring to himself as a "mere child," Kreider cites a U.S. Supreme Court opinion issued on June 25 that calls mandatory life sentences for juvenile killers "unconstitutional."
Kreider, mirroring the high court's landmark opinion, writes that juveniles exhibit "great immaturity, vulnerability and changeability."
Rage to Kill
By Bill Hewitt
People

An Exclusive Look at His Journal Offers Clues to Why Alec Kreider Went on a Murderous Rampage

Last fall Maggie, who lives now with her aunt and uncle, returned to Bucknell University. But in her video statement, she said, "There were days I had to skip class because I couldn't stop crying about my family." She suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder and feels deep guilt that she wasn't able to protect Kevin. "That's what big sisters do," she said. As it was, she only escaped when she heard a commotion and went into her parents' bedroom, where her mother—who had suffered a mortal stab wound to the stomach—managed to tell her daughter to go for help. Maggie was able to flee out the front door and get to the neighbor's. And the echoes of that blood-curdling fear have stayed with her ever since.
Much more at the link

Those articles are from last year, but I appreciate reading them anyway. He was representing himself on the appeal. Ummm, okay then.

I was not on WS at that time, but on another similar site, and my heart just breaks still for Maggie and that community. They are not forgotten. Thanks Bessie.

ETA: duplicate post, sorta.

From nydailynews:
A Pennsylvania man serving three life sentences for killing a high school friend and the friend's parents committed suicide in prison, authorities said.

Alec Kreider, 25, was found dead in his prison cell Friday, the Cumberland County Coroner's Office said.

Kreider, then 16, slaughtered his Manheim Township High School classmate Kevin Haines, along with Haines' parents Thomas and Lisa Haines, as they slept in May 2007.

More at link.

Another horrific crime without any motive. Was this yet another SSRI-caused crime?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-convicted-3-murders-teen-kills-himself-prison-165204784.html
Told by the judge at his 2008 sentencing that the family and community deserved an explanation, Kreider replied, "There is none." He told the judge he had received treatment for depression and continued to take medications daily.
Kreider's father, Tim, told Lancaster newspapers in 2014 that when his son confessed, he "never gave a motive ... only said something about Kevin annoying him lately."

Mamas, don't let your babies near those psychiatrists.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back