PA PA - Tonee Turner, 22, Homestead, Allegheny Co, 30 Dec 2019

I lived in Pittsburgh for awhile until I moved up north. We’re close to I-80 & I can attest to it being 60 miles from the Burgh....we always took 79 to 80, though (I hate toll roads!). I can not understand how 80 fits into Tonee’s disappearance? I’d really like to hear why her family thinks so... MOO

I lived in Pittsburgh for awhile until I moved up north. We’re close to I-80 & I can attest to it being 60 miles from the Burgh....we always took 79 to 80, though (I hate toll roads!). I can not understand how 80 fits into Tonee’s disappearance? I’d really like to hear why her family thinks so... MOO

There is info to be found, but I haven’t seen anything MSM about the family’s reasons for discussing I-80. Basically, it’s the major roadway to either US coast and major cities along the way, Youngstown, Chicago, Salt Lake City, Reno, etc. The Seattle article might have us thinking she’s headed towards Washington or Oregon. But who knows? Hope she’s found safe, but time is passing and snow in Pittsburgh is falling.

It’s certainly puzzling. I’d seen the I-80 route discussed on SM by her family, but this was the first time mentioned in MSM. Wonder what happened with the possible Hill District link? Local news has gotten quiet. Hard to know if this is a willful disappearance, or foul play.

Pittsburgh has bus service pretty far out into the surrounding region. How far north could she get via bus, do you know?

Pittsburgh has bus service pretty far out into the surrounding region. How far north could she get via bus, do you know?

She could get from Homestead to Downtown Pittsburgh by Port Authority bus. Then Lenzner or Greyhound from downtown to Cranberry to pick up I76 to I-80. Or elsewhere. And MegaBus leaves town for NYC and other places. And Uber and Lyft service is pretty good.

Have they said where on the pedestrian walkway Tonee's belongings were found? Near the Browns Hill Road end? Mid-bridge? Closer to the Waterfront?

Details have been vague, and it sounds like you are also here in the Burgh, and have, like me, noticed the lack of news on Tonee. It’s possible her belongings were found on the ramp that leads down to the Waterfront shopping complex, rather than on the portion of the bridge over the water. But I’ve seen no confirmation of location.

Just heard on WPXI news that a woman's body has been found in the Hill District. They (the TV station) were only just notified by police so there's no details. I'll provide link as soon as I see one available.

Oh no. I missed the local tv news. Thank you for this update, please keep us posted.

Keep Searching -- Day Eleven

+ Time Line +
+ Biography +

- Pittsburgh >>
Allegheny County, Pennsylvania -

- Tonee M. Turner, 22 -
- Monday, 30 December 2019 -

Tonee Marie Turner
Black / Female / Age 22
5' 2" :: 130 Lbs.
Black, Wavy, Shoulder-Length Hair

Outer Clothing:

81633007_10101604724756245_2622987474569265152_n.jpg

Allegheny County is in South-Western, PA.
Day Eleven

27)) Post Gazette:
+ Family and friends search for 'magnetic,' 'God-gifted' missing local artist Tonee Turner +
Mom: "... I’m starting to think the worst because of the time
that’s gone by without hearing anything..."

28)) KDKA CBS-TV:

Local Community Organizes Vigil For Missing Girl Tonee Turner
Sister: “...Sleeplessness, Not Eating, Anxiety, Panic, Hope...”
Found on Sidewalk of Homestead Gray's Bridge:
Bag - Cell Phone - Ceramic Item - Diary - Keys - Shoes

29)) Pittsburgh Missing Persons:
(412) 323-7141
Incident # 19-264-396

30)) Bring Tonee Home Facebook™
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=Bring Tonee Home&em=1
Frequent Updates from Sister, ST

31)) Water Rescue & Recovery:
http://jcsda.com/docs/sar_drom.pdf
(Pages 10, 11, 12)

32)) Google™ Supplements & Updates:

Tonee Turner - Missing - PA - بحث Google

33)) NamUs # MP63972:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

34)) Pennsylvania Missing and Unidentified:

Pennsylvania Missing Persons

35)) Others Missing in Pennsylvania:
Missing Persons Discussion
>> = Located-In
™ = Trademark
BOLO = [BOWL' low] = Be On the Look-Out

Cadaver Dog = Certified to Find Human Remains
FB = Facebook™
LE = Law Enforcement
MSM = Main-Stream Media
NamUs = National missing & Unidentified persons system
SAR = Search And Rescue

[Contribution # 7060
Thread # 493877]

Last edited:
Police Investigate Body Found in the Hill
Date: January 8, 2020
Incident Type: Body
Summary:
Pittsburgh Bureau of Police officers responded to a report a possibly deceased female on the 2200 block of Humber Way around 9 a.m.

Zone 2 officers confirmed that a female outside a vacant home was dead. VCU and Crime Scene Unit detectives responded to process the scene. Police are investigating.

The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office will release the woman's identity, as well as the cause and manner of death.

Reporting PIO: Chris Togneri
2020-01-08
PIO@pittsburghpa.gov

Public Safety Media Blotter

The KDKA article has been updated:
“[SBM]

On Wednesday, the Pittsburgh Police said they responded to a report of a possibly deceased woman in the 2200 block of Humber Way around 9 a.m. on Jan. 8.

[SBM]

On Jan. 10, the medical examiner identified her as 49-year-old Dana Jaffe. The cause was not released.

[SBM]”
Rest In Peace, Dana.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear