PA PA - Toni Sharpless, 29, Gladwyne, 23 Aug 2009

Does anyone else think this is an odd pose for a nurse being photographed at work?

Not really. I think it's a great photo of Toni, she looks like a model in it. By all reports Toni really loved her job as a nurse, in fact she was depressed prior to her disappearance after a patient committed suicide.

It does look somewhat "odd" in that setting, but I'm sure she was just having fun posing for a co-worker at a stressful job.

Many of the sightings describe Toni as looking ashamed, distraught and very sad on the streets. And they weren't just random sightings in the middle of no-where either, there were clusters of them. Some even stated she was being lead and controlled by a man, these tips came in from everyone from sex workers, johns, Drug addicts, truck drivers to even professionals.

Who are these 'professionals'? What tips (sightings) have come from 'professionals'? Professional how?

Who are these 'professionals'? What tips (sightings) have come from 'professionals'? Professional how?

Here's an article that has a video of Eileen explaining the sightings, http://www.dailylocal.com/article/DL...NEWS/302139979 She said the most were in Lancaster and were in clusters. And was very encouraged by one in particular in Lancaster county by professionals who believed they saw her and said they were just three feet away from her.

Bumping for Toni.

I noticed that a lot of times when there are "sightings" of a missing person in a different location, LE is never able to track it down and verify it. It definitely could have been her or it could have been someone who resembled her. I don't lean strongly in either direction and it still leaves me completely baffled on what happened to her.

Bumping for Toni.

I noticed that a lot of times when there are "sightings" of a missing person in a different location, LE is never able to track it down and verify it. It definitely could have been her or it could have been someone who resembled her. I don't lean strongly in either direction and it still leaves me completely baffled on what happened to her.

Officer Werner said in a news article “I can understand why some people thought they saw her … When we tracked the person down, they looked a lot like Toni.” There are definitely lookalikes.

Thanks for posting the updates. It is maddening that a persons trail can be so cold.

this case bothers me i have always wondered in cases where there are sightings how does le know they tracked down the person that someone saw if they look enough alike how are they sure its the look alike and not the actually person .... i mean obviously in some cases it would be easy to figure out but sometimes i'm not sure that they should say without a doubt it wasn't the missing person that was seen

Strange case. I'd say, go back to the party.

Did anyone else, who was not at the party, actually see the woman drive off leaving her friend behind? Any witnesses other than the people she had been with at the house?

i have always thought that and i am pretty sure that its been said the friend was cleared but there is something about her idk if she had something to do with it i just get the vibe she isnt telling EVERYTHING... i dont want to accuse her bc she seeems to also really care but i just wonder if she knew toni was useing and just dosent want to make her look bad on top of whats already gone one

As someone who has followed the case very closely and was at the river during the search, I'd be SHOCKED if Crystal hasn't always been truthful about the events of the night. At least having to do with the disappearance.

Two possible scenarios for Lancaster if the sightings were accurate. The city of Lancaster has it's own drug culture and criminal activity. Not out of the question that the criminal element in Lancaster is tied in with the criminal elements in Philly, Chester and Camden. Second, if Toni wished to flee the life she was living, I can't think of a more closed culture to retreat into than the Amish/Old order Mennonite community.

As someone who has followed the case very closely and was at the river during the search, I'd be SHOCKED if Crystal hasn't always been truthful about the events of the night. At least having to do with the disappearance.

I really hope she is and I don't believe she has info that is keeping Toni from being found I beilive 100% she honestly cares it's just the way it all struck me watching the id episode....just wants to clarify I'm not trying to sound as if I'm accusing her of being involved i just feel like there is something that isn't being said and that could simple be something she is unable to say due to the investigation ... Also I could be completely wrong all together it's just the vibe I get while watching hat show

Toni Lee Sharpless is still missing... Almost six years. Let's hope this year we get a breakthrough

I believe by "professionals" it is suppose to mean people in the working world. Not homeless addicts. As an addict myself, heroin in places like Camden is abused and scored by many members or the working world. I read a stat the other day that the biggest increase in demographic for Heroin arrests in Philly is the from the employed, insured or married housewife. Opiates do not discriminate, but that's an entirely different story, and I do not mean to imply that Toni was an addict or even a user.

I believe two people asked Crystal if she needed a ride. Supposedly everyone at the party had the same story and was consistent. She didn't meet foul play there IMO.

*This was in reponse to "cascade's" post at the top of the page.

I really hope she is and I don't believe she has info that is keeping Toni from being found I beilive 100% she honestly cares it's just the way it all struck me watching the id episode....just wants to clarify I'm not trying to sound as if I'm accusing her of being involved i just feel like there is something that isn't being said and that could simple be something she is unable to say due to the investigation ... Also I could be completely wrong all together it's just the vibe I get while watching hat show

The only part she may be hiding is that they were using drugs that night and at the party.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back