PA PA - Tracy Kroh, 17, Millersburg, 5 Aug 1989 *perjury convictions*

I can tell you a few things about the area surrounding 140 Mountain House Road, The area is pretty rural. YEARS ago (and I'd assume when Tracy went missing) there was a bar on Mountain House Road called The Mountain House... It's by an old quarry (I don't know if it was abandoned or not at that time)... In my opinion that area has a bunch of new houses and businesses that were absolutely not there in the 80's, so when looking at satellite images consider most things are new builds.

In my personal opinion only, growing up in that area, I really think only one person was involved, because if more than one person was involved we would know who did it, this is the area of loose lips, also the area of rumors, I've heard multiple stories of who is responsible for this, and I can't say I really believe any of the rumors.

[
QUOTE="cutter99, post: 15222445, member: 80303"]Wow! It is nice to see that this case is still VERY active. How coincidental that the property owner knew Tracy’s father!

What was the “Squirrelly Shirley” comment in reference to?

Do you think that guy called Tracy "Squirrelly Shirley? He said he wouldn't mention her name which I think is odd if he is innocent.

[/QUOTE]

I didn’t think he was referring to Tracy, but maybe a tenant in the house at the time Tracy disappeared???

It has never sounded to me like Tracy was the sort of person you would describe as “squirrelly”. In fact, she was the opposite. Quiet, studious, conscientious, hard working.

Do you think that guy called Tracy "Squirrelly Shirley? He said he wouldn't mention her name which I think is odd if he is innocent.

I didn’t think he was referring to Tracy, but maybe a tenant in the house at the time Tracy disappeared???

It has never sounded to me like Tracy was the sort of person you would describe as “squirrelly”. In fact, she was the opposite. Quiet, studious, conscientious, hard working.[/QUOTE]

This is really a weird one to try to piece together what the heck he was talking about, remember the man is 87... I don't think he was referring to Tracy because he said her name one paragraph up "“I said what are you digging for and they said they thought maybe the remains of Tracy Kroh might be there and I said well you can dig all that you want but you aren’t going to find anything," said Mark Warfel, property owner."

The only "Squirrely Shirley" I know about is the scantily clad (for the time) woman on the old B-52's (sorry that may not even be the right type of plane but something like that)... But I've never heard Tracy referred to by that nickname.

Google Maps

Here is a map for reference to 140 Mountain House Road, if you scroll out you can see the quarry really well also the vast amount of woods (we had a hunting cabin about 15 minutes away from there for years when I was growing up), it's a lot of nothingness.

It has never sounded to me like Tracy was the sort of person you would describe as “squirrelly”. In fact, she was the opposite. Quiet, studious, conscientious, hard working.

This is really a weird one to try to piece together what the heck he was talking about, remember the man is 87... I don't think he was referring to Tracy because he said her name one paragraph up "“I said what are you digging for and they said they thought maybe the remains of Tracy Kroh might be there and I said well you can dig all that you want but you aren’t going to find anything," said Mark Warfel, property owner."

The only "Squirrely Shirley" I know about is the scantily clad (for the time) woman on the old B-52's (sorry that may not even be the right type of plane but something like that)... But I've never heard Tracy referred to by that nickname.[/QUOTE]
maybe he means then someone opened their month about Tracy's disappearance named "Squirrely Shirley" and that's why police are looking on his property.... very confusing

[/QUOTE]
maybe he means then someone opened their month about Tracy's disappearance named "Squirrely Shirley" and that's why police are looking on his property.... very confusing[/QUOTE]

They were just searching another property in May on Middle Road in Halifax... There was lots of "talk" after that search, IMO

Last edited:
maybe he means then someone opened their month about Tracy's disappearance named "Squirrely Shirley" and that's why police are looking on his property.... very confusing[/QUOTE]

They were just searching another property in May on Middle Road in Halifax... I don't want to get put on time out so I am going to word this carefully, when they started searching that property it was talked about that someone left a suicide note and admitted to being involved. This was posted on MULTIPLE local news by people, I have since heard nothing, so I don't know that could be. I have screen shots, because this site taught me that you need them.[/QUOTE]

Wow - I didn't know that. I follow this case but not as closely as some others. I live in Western PA by Pittsburgh but I still get FB updates from Penn Live. I hope they finally solve her case!

Here, Bit of Hope:
"DAUPHIN COUNTY, Pa. -- Pennsylvania State Police shut down a portion of Mountain House Road in Jackson Township, on Tuesday as they continue searching for the remains of 17-year-old Tracy Kroh who was reported missing back in 1989.

The home is located at 140 Mountain House Road, about ten miles from where Kroh was last seen.

Officials say a tip brought them to the property.

“They took a bunch of things out of the shed, they also took things from that black shed out that is actually charred inside and it looked like they were digging a hole in there," said Ian Benoit, witness and property caretaker.

Investigators spent the day searching the property and brought in cadaver dogs as well as digging equipment.

“I said what are you digging for and they said they thought maybe the remains of Tracy Kroh might be there and I said well you can dig all that you want but you aren’t going to find anything," said Mark Warfel, property owner.

Officials say Kroh was going to visit her sister and brother-in-law at ‘Alex Acres Trailer Park’ just off of Route 147 in Halifax, however no one was home.

Instead, Kroh dropped off a barbecue grill and some grocery store coupons on the front steps.

That was the last time anyone reported seeing Kroh.

87-year-old Mark Warfel, who owns the Jackson Township property says police approached him this week.

"I said why me and they told me who it was and I won’t mention her name and I just thought oh my god 'Squirly Shirley," said Warfel.

Warfel says it’s been nearly twenty years since he last used the property.

“I used it when I fixed cars over there an auto body shop but then I retired," said Warfel.

He says while he worked with Kroh's father years ago and knew Tracy, he has nothing to hide.

"They can search and hunt and do all they want, I had nothing to do with it," he added.

Investigators say they believe Kroh was abducted by someone she knew.

Last month, state troopers spent three days investigating a 30-acre rural section of a property off of Middle Road in Halifax Township.

The property is just a quarter mile from the mobile home park where Kroh was last seen.

Officials would not confirm if anything was in fact found on the property or if Warfel is a suspect.

Warfel says he is cooperating with police."

THX.

The only "Squirrely Shirley" I know about is the scantily clad (for the time) woman on the old B-52's (sorry that may not even be the right type of plane but something like that)... But I've never heard Tracy referred to by that nickname.[/QUOTE]

Some people make up there own nicknames, only known and used in a small circle. Like tricky Dicky, loosie Lucy....etc. I don't think there is harm meant. Squirrelly also means nervous, restless or unpredictable.

The only "Squirrely Shirley" I know about is the scantily clad (for the time) woman on the old B-52's (sorry that may not even be the right type of plane but something like that)... But I've never heard Tracy referred to by that nickname.

Some people make up there own nicknames, only known and used in a small circle. Like tricky Dicky, loosie Lucy....etc. I don't think there is harm meant. Squirrelly also means nervous, restless or unpredictable.[/QUOTE]
Yes, but to whom is he referring? Tracy? Someone else?

Some people make up there own nicknames, only known and used in a small circle. Like tricky Dicky, loosie Lucy....etc. I don't think there is harm meant. Squirrelly also means nervous, restless or unpredictable.
Yes, but to whom is he referring? Tracy? Someone else?[/QUOTE]

Pure speculation
Could he be referring to the woman who lead the police to his property. It would be very improper for police to mention this person's name, but maybe she recently deceased and that's how things go in a small town or they wanted to get some reaction from him, mentioning the name.

"I said why me <how did you get to me?> and they told me who it was <who lead them there, who mentioned his name, gave a tip> and I won’t mention her name <Piety? protecting himself against bad reactions from fellow villages) and I just thought oh my god 'Squirly Shirley," <nick-name of this person> said Warfel.

So many repetetive posts about the day she went missing , I think I have it memorized!
Does anyone know anything about her personal life, maybe from someone who knew her? Was she involved in any after school activities, non school classes, clubs?

Lots of info here (not much about her personal life)

Disappearance of Tracy Kroh – An Unsolved Crime from 1989

Tracy Maria Kroh was born 15 April 1972, the daughter of Ivan Lincoln Kroh (1940-2006) and Ellen R. Kroh. The family lived in Enterline, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, near Halifax. Tracy had two older sisters, both of whom were married in 1989 and living elsewhere in the area.

Tracy Marie Kroh – The Charley Project

Authorities believe Tracy may have been on her way to see her boyfriend when she disappeared; his parents lived a short distance away from the Millersburg town square.

Apparently she had a boyfriend

She is described as a shy, studious teenager with no enemies; she was about to start her senior year at Halifax High School, and was a member of the National Honor Society.

Still searching for woman who disappeared in 1989, investigators follow tip to Dauphin County home and shed

So the property owner has not been to the property in two years due to his age.
And the place has been unlocked so things have been stolen?
Wonder why this particular house? Where their kids Tracy’s age that lived there?
Good points. Yes any locals who know who lived at this property at the time of her disappearance? Was it the elderly man in the news clip (the owner) or was it rented out at the time?

Still searching for woman who disappeared in 1989, investigators follow tip to Dauphin County home and shed

Wonder why this particular house? Where their kids Tracy’s age that lived there?

Mr. Warfel the man in the video who is 87, worked with Tracey’s dad, that is the only connection I know of so far

Property owner speaks out after State Police search home in connection to Tracy Kroh case

Mr. Warfel the man in the video who is 87, worked with Tracey’s dad, that is the only connection I know of so far

Property owner speaks out after State Police search home in connection to Tracy Kroh case

Did somebody ever posted this? I didn't see it but if so, sorry upfront. Disappearance of Tracy Kroh at Millersburg, 1989 (4)

There is a real paper article, with the story and a picture of Tracy's mom. It's about the family asking help from the search and rescue crew from Albany. Some names mentioned from people who were involved in the search and investigation: Marilyn A. Greene (founder) and Richard W. Umholtz (volunteer) Maybe they are still around and know more details.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back