Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #1 - Evelyn Colon

Status
Not open for further replies.
E-mail has been sent. I will keep you posted! I did add a line about not wanting to waste their valuable time by resubmitting those who have already been ruled out.

That's an interesting case, Kitbits. Thanks.

If Beth is from a community like this, her female relatives probably know what happened. They might not have been able to report it, but they would know she's missing.

Indeed, carbuff. I mean, these days, stories like this are 'out there' and so we hear more about it, whereas back then, you never did...just like any domestic abuse, really. You never heard about it much & back then the cops didn't get involved.

Another possibility came to mind the other day: she could have been part of a commune or cult. By 1976, many such groups that had thrived in the late sixties and early seventies were breaking up. Most of them were pretty innocuous, but some of them had control-freak and psychopathic leaders who wouldn't tolerate somebody leaving the cult.

Another possibility came to mind the other day: she could have been part of a commune or cult. By 1976, many such groups that had thrived in the late sixties and early seventies were breaking up. Most of them were pretty innocuous, but some of them had control-freak and psychopathic leaders who wouldn't tolerate somebody leaving the cult.

totally! There were loads & I even remember a satire about it on that TV show Soap. That's a very good possibility...thanks!

Has anyone looked at this thread?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93033

Just found it very off that a rejection of marriage would lead a man to cut off a woman's nose and ears. Probably just coincidence but just thought I would share...

Thanks for this TrishyPA--hadn't seen it, but it certainly brings our discussions regarding a similar scenario for Beth's case right back to the fore. I really do feel that that act perpetrated upon her meant something, was symbolic & not just a random act of mutilation.

The killer is either the father or step father of the victim. This man is also the father of the victim's child. As the victim was close to full term with the child, the man concerned that the child would look like him has decided to "dispose" of his daughter/step daughter. To do this, the man has told the victim that he knows of some "nice folk" that are willing to take the baby. The victim knowing that her father/step father isn't a nice man (possible drunk/abusive to both mother and her) is very sceptical and concerned for the safety. Thinking she may be hurt in some way, and just before leaving with the man to meet the "nice folk", she writes his initals WSR and his year of birth 47 on her arm as a clue if she is hurt, or murdered.

This man would be a Vietnam veteran, he could have served in a special forces unit (Green Berets, Tiger Force). Because of past experience during the way, or maybe because of a "flash back" senerio once the murder was taking place, he would have removed the nose and ears. This was a common tool used during the war to put fear in the enemy. The man being a special forces veteran would have painted the zip black because of habit. Special forces operators and recon soldiers paint all shiny items including zips on their gear black so they don't shine in the sun. The handles would have been removed because of the same reason, all loose gear has to be "taped" down or removed.

If a search of the Vietnam Veteran database is made, look for people with the initals WSR and with a year of birth of 1947. The man would have been with a special forces unit, but don't coun't out main stream infantry units.

The man would have told his partner that the girl has ran away, maybe with the fictional boyfriend. The partner being an abused spouse with low self estem has continued to believe her daughter ran away and would be unaware of the "incest" relationship. The man would have convictions for domestic abuse and dui or drunkeness and may have served jail time. The man if still alive would not be with his partner/victim's mum, or may be deseased due to lifestyle (drink or heart attack). They would have lived in a semi rural area a few hours out of a city (New York state ???). The woman would still be alive and is the key to the whole case, that is if she was made aware of the situation.

The killer is either the father or step father of the victim. This man is also the father of the victim's child. As the victim was close to full term with the child, the man concerned that the child would look like him has decided to "dispose" of his daughter/step daughter. To do this, the man has told the victim that he knows of some "nice folk" that are willing to take the baby. The victim knowing that her father/step father isn't a nice man (possible drunk/abusive to both mother and her) is very sceptical and concerned for the safety. Thinking she may be hurt in some way, and just before leaving with the man to meet the "nice folk", she writes his initals WSR and his year of birth 47 on her arm as a clue if she is hurt, or murdered.

This man would be a Vietnam veteran, he could have served in a special forces unit (Green Berets, Tiger Force). Because of past experience during the way, or maybe because of a "flash back" senerio once the murder was taking place, he would have removed the nose and ears. This was a common tool used during the war to put fear in the enemy. The man being a special forces veteran would have painted the zip black because of habit. Special forces operators and recon soldiers paint all shiny items including zips on their gear black so they don't shine in the sun. The handles would have been removed because of the same reason, all loose gear has to be "taped" down or removed.

If a search of the Vietnam Veteran database is made, look for people with the initals WSR and with a year of birth of 1947. The man would have been with a special forces unit, but don't coun't out main stream infantry units.

The man would have told his partner that the girl has ran away, maybe with the fictional boyfriend. The partner being an abused spouse with low self estem has continued to believe her daughter ran away and would be unaware of the "incest" relationship. The man would have convictions for domestic abuse and dui or drunkeness and may have served jail time. The man if still alive would not be with his partner/victim's mum, or may be deseased due to lifestyle (drink or heart attack). They would have lived in a semi rural area a few hours out of a city (New York state ???). The woman would still be alive and is the key to the whole case, that is if she was made aware of the situation.

Very interesting. Is this your theory or do you have psychic abilities? I'm curious.

Interesting insight, Crimetime. You are speaking very matter of factly as if you know what happened. Are you merely presenting a scenario for us?

What you said about this killer possibly being a Vietnam Vet makes sense.

Interesting theory. That's the first thing I've seen that makes sense out of painting the zippers.

Well following along the same line of thought Crimetime brought up and because I apparently have way too much time on my hands at work I included the links for all the Vietnam Vets I could find in the database with the initials WSR or in a couple cases just WR because the middle initial was not listed.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/vhp/bib/18332

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/vhp/bib/2933

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/vhp/bib/14144 (not S, but was a medic)

Wow, you're good!

If Crimetime's theory is correct, the third vet is not the father/killer. Beth's fetus was white, he is AA.

Thanks spurser for pointing that out about the race.

Gosh, it seemed like when I was going through all those names there were more than 3 but I guess not. I am not sure if the list I was viewing in the nat'l archives is complete or not but it must have been close because it was really, really, really long - like over 20,000 pages.

In case anyone else is a little sloow like I am - StaceyK apparently changed her username to Unknownlady......i just figured that out :rolleyes:

The first match is very interesting spurser, note his place of birth is less than a days drive to White Haven, Carbon County (crime scene), and victim was found in 1976, the same year this vet was discharged from the service, and he served in a Special Forces unit. I wonder if he returned to live in his home town after Vietnam.

The first match is very interesting spurser, note his place of birth is less than a days drive to White Haven, Carbon County (crime scene), and victim was found in 1976, the same year this vet was discharged from the service, and he served in a Special Forces unit. I wonder if he returned to live in his home town after Vietnam.

Wow. Good eye. Gaia is the one who actually found this match. I wonder what the coincidence means? Maybe nothing, maybe something.

But the year of birth is off by 5 years.

Color me confused... I must be missing something. Why would someone from MO drive to White Haven to dump a body. What's wrong with all the states in between? It does say he's from MO, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie