GUILTY PA - Woman raped on train as bystanders record, Philadelphia, 13 Oct 2021

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Bystanders on Philadelphia train held up phones as woman was raped, police say

A man charged with raping a woman on a commuter train just outside of Philadelphia harassed her for more than 40 minutes while multiple people held up their phones to seemingly record the assault without intervening, authorities said.

70c8fc80

More than two dozen train stops passed as the man harassed, groped and eventually raped the woman, the police chief for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority said at a news conference Monday.

Riders who shot photos, video of Philadelphia train rape but didn't help victim could be charged

'Collectively, they could have gotten together and done something'

A man charged with raping a woman on a commuter train just outside of Philadelphia harassed her for more than 40 minutes while multiple people held up their phones to seemingly record the assault without intervening, authorities said.

70c8fc80

More than two dozen train stops passed as the man harassed, groped and eventually raped the woman, the police chief for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority said at a news conference Monday.

Riders who shot photos, video of Philadelphia train rape but didn't help victim could be charged

I would rather be killed than stand by and do nothing while this kind of thing happens. Usually when one person acts, others will follow.

Last edited:
It is just so sad that this can happen. AND that people would video it but not intervene. It is disgusting!
I'm not sure what the bystanders could be charged with. I'll be interested to see if they are. It may be the taking video that could result in charges. But an easy defense to that would be to just say "I videoed it so there would be evidence." If they can't be charged, maybe their names could be released so they are exposed as the cowards they are.

You don't even have to intervene- just CALL THE POLICE.

Holy moly. I can't believe this is real. This poor, poor woman. How absolutely terrified, violated and lonely she must have felt. Fourty freaking minutes. I wish I could tell her that there is good in the world, that there are strangers that care about her, that it wasn't her fault...

puts me in mind of some rap lyrics that hit home with me when I heard them.

You cry about gorillas getting shot inside a zoo
And then take photos on your phone when someone's dying next to you
You only care about each other if that means you'll get some views
And you can say that I'm a d*** but what I'm saying is just the truth
- Tom MacDonald

I cannot even imagine witnessing such a viscous assault and standing by doing nada. Like how does one live with that?

Passengers on a Philadelphia area train not intervening while witnessing a woman's rape on Wednesday "speaks to where we are in society," said a police superintendent on Friday.
[snip]
"There was a lot of people, in my opinion, that should have intervened. Somebody should have done something," Bernhardt said. "It speaks to where we are in society; I mean, who would allow something like that to take place? So it's troubling." Bystanders doing nothing while woman raped on train "speaks to where we are in society": police

70c8fc80

More than two dozen train stops passed as the man harassed, groped and eventually raped the woman, the police chief for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority said at a news conference Monday. Bystanders on Philadelphia train held up phones as woman was raped, police say | Globalnews.ca

I hope those videographers are charged.

Court records show that Ngoy had multiple arrests and two misdemeanor convictions, one for controlled substances and one for sexual abuse.

He pleaded guilty to the sex charge in 2017 in Washington DC and was sentenced to 120 days in jail, and was then placed in immigration detention in January 2018.

However, Ngoy was never deported, because an immigration judge granted him a 'withholding of removal' in March 2019, after an appeals board found that his sex crime was not a 'serious crime' that made him eligible for removal.

Fiston Ngoy: Rape suspect on Philadelphia train is illegal Congolese immigrant | Daily Mail Online

A famous person (I can't remember who it was at the moment) once said that (paraphrasing) Evil flourishes when good men do nothing.

puts me in mind of some rap lyrics that hit home with me when I heard them.

You cry about gorillas getting shot inside a zoo
And then take photos on your phone when someone's dying next to you
You only care about each other if that means you'll get some views
And you can say that I'm a d*** but what I'm saying is just the truth
- Tom MacDonald

I cannot even imagine witnessing such a viscous assault and standing by doing nada. Like how does one live with that?

Passengers on a Philadelphia area train not intervening while witnessing a woman's rape on Wednesday "speaks to where we are in society," said a police superintendent on Friday.
[snip]
"There was a lot of people, in my opinion, that should have intervened. Somebody should have done something," Bernhardt said. "It speaks to where we are in society; I mean, who would allow something like that to take place? So it's troubling." Bystanders doing nothing while woman raped on train "speaks to where we are in society": police

70c8fc80

More than two dozen train stops passed as the man harassed, groped and eventually raped the woman, the police chief for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority said at a news conference Monday. Bystanders on Philadelphia train held up phones as woman was raped, police say | Globalnews.ca

I hope those videographers are charged.

70c8fc80

Hardly surprising, it is almost impossible to get someone deported.

As for why no one intervened, if I had been on that train, with my disabled spouse, my primary goal is safety for him, and myself. At my age, I couldn't have done much, except probably get attacked as well. Sadly. And, I think that the current situation in our society, is that the entire situation could have been turned around, with me as a "Karen", attacking a man on the train. CYA.

I'm quite sure the video-ers won't face any consequences. It would be quite a challenge for LE to find them and prove they took pictures or video with anything but good intentions. "I taped it so there would be proof in court." :rolleyes: I'm expecting they don't have the manpower to do it.
Maybe if LE can prove someone shared the footage online they will arrest that person to send a message.

RSBM
As for why no one intervened, if I had been on that train, with my disabled spouse, my primary goal is safety for him, and myself. At my age, I couldn't have done much, except probably get attacked as well.
But would you have taken your phone out to take video? I'm hoping you would have called the police, maybe even after getting off the train

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back