Found Safe PA - Zy-Kia Vearnon Settles, Juv w/DownSyndrome, North Braddock, 18 Jan 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jan 19, 2019.

1. hollye

hollye Well-Known Member

Zy-Kia attended school at Woodland Hills School District all day Friday, and her stepdad was waiting at the bus stop after school but she never got off the bus, police said.

Police said Zy-Kia (pictured above and below) is African-American and 5 feet tall. Anyone who sees her is asked to call police or 911.

MISSING: North Braddock police searching for girl with Down syndrome

Attached Files:

2. hollye

hollye Well-Known Member

Richrd likes this.
  3. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I also have a daughter with Down syndrome, (a year old) if there is anyone left here that didn't know that. :rolleyes:

I don't like the complete lack of details here, so much information missing.
    I also dislike how they say she was last seen with her stepfather when he dropped her off at the bus stop. Yet then they say that she attended school! So she was last seen by teachers at the school I presume?

So did she make it onto the bus after school?
    Did she attend the entire day of school?
    Does she know how to get home?
    Does she know her address and phone number?
    Has she ever wandered away before?
    Will a stranger understand her speech?
    Does she have any specific interests that might give clues to where she would go?
    What exactly are her health issues?

So much information that isn't being given here. If this was my kid I would be totally freaking out wanting this information given out. :confused:

4. MsFacetious

doodles1211, Lato, mjp1228 and 2 others like this.
  5. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

It looks like she was going to school. She was seen by mom and stepdad at home. Stepdad dropped her off at the bus stop to go to school. This is what I"m reading anyway. My question is, who is supposed to make sure she got on the bus? DID she get on the bus? Was she in school that day at all? Missing a lot of details in MSM. ( not that they have to tell me everything)

doodles1211, MsFacetious and mjp1228 like this.
  6. MsFacetious

Yeah one article says she attended school all day, another says she was last seen at home. So I'm not sure which is true. I would think they have cameras and would be able to determine if she got on the bus.

I would also hope if she hadn't arrived at school something would have been done since she wasn't supposed to be absent. I don't know what they think occurred here.

I also have no idea what ADHA is supposed to refer to. I'm the granddaughter of a dentist but I'm guessing they don't mean dental hygenist. Maybe they meant to say ADHD?

doodles1211 likes this.
  7. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

Oh this one gets my heart. I have a teenage niece that is severely affected with DS and requires constant supervision. Do we know how high-functioning this girl is ie would she be able to tell someone her name and address or parents name?

8. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

doodles1211, hollye, TTF14 and 2 others like this.
  9. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

10. MsFacetious

Thank you. Whew.

Forpsy and flute4peace like this.
  11. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

Thank you Jesus!
    I have a huge place in my heart for those with Downs Syndrome. I was a substitute teacher at a school for those with Downs when I was trying to figure out what I was going to do with my life (a hundred years ago). I just loved being around those kids! Inspiring!

Forpsy, flute4peace and Richrd like this.