Paedophryne dekot went a courtin and he did ride....a snail!!

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Steely Dan, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

World's Smallest Frogs Tinier Than a Penny
    By Jennifer Welsh
    Published December 14, 2011
    | LiveScience

[​IMG]
    The two new tiny frogs discovered in New Guinea, the tiniest in the world. The top frogs are examples of P. dekot and the lower two are P. verrucosa.

Smaller than a penny, two newly discovered frog species are considered the smallest ever found. The pipsqueaks live in Papua New Guinea and run about 0.4 inches (8-to-9 millimeters) in length.

The two species, Paedophryne dekot and Paedophryne verrucosa, are not only the smallest frogs ever discovered, they are also the smallest of a group of animals called tetrapods (four-legged animals with backbones). The duo rounds out the Paedophryne genus, which already contained two other, slightly larger, frog species first described in 2002....

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/12/14/worlds-smallest-frogs-tinier-than-penny/#ixzz1jGRMhgRJ

[​IMG]
    http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/57832000/jpg/_57832300_austin5807dime.jpg

2. Loading...

3. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Awww. They are so cute!

4. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

I'm looking at my fingernail which is about the size of a penny and it's amazing to imagine one sitting on it.

5. Hopeful One

Hopeful One Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who

They're cute!!! But I've found frogs around here that are that small. Maybe they were just babies??

6. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

There are more wonders in this world than we can even contemplate. Thanks steely I'm going to show this to my kids. :)

7. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

Are you sure they weren't opposum babies?