Pakistan game show gives away abandoned babies

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Wanting2Help, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Wanting2Help

Wanting2Help New Member

2. Loading...

3. Cappuccino

Cappuccino Active Member

I'm not sure that's as bad as it looks. It does say that all the couples taking part had been vetted by an adoption agency before the show, and in a culture like Pakistan where adoption is frowned on and abandonment of babies is very widespread, maybe something like this is needed to try and change popular attitudes.

It looks tacky to our eyes, but I think the intentions behind it may be a little more noble than a ratings war.

4. waitin'4thewrld2chg

waitin'4thewrld2chg Active Member

My reaction upon seeing the title of this thread was omg, giving away human beings! There are probably a million things wrong with awarding babies as prizes in a ratings war, but......what I'm thinking about is IF prospective parents are adequately screened and children who have basically been thrown in the garbage find families, maybe it's kind of like adoption without the fee. 'Fraid I'd watch the show and probably shed a little tear of joy!

5. Cappuccino

Cappuccino Active Member

I have to admit I'd watch it too.