Paperwork Details Elisa Baker’s Involvement In Investigation

<snipped from article>

In addition, they said that due to the international attention the case has garnered, Elisa Baker is now instantly recognizable and would not be able to easily avoid detection if she left the area.

<snipped>

What the heck, leave the area??

They are saying, if she made bond after it was reduced, she should not be considered a flight risk because of her notoriety. The attorney was trying to anticipate and assuage the judge's probable concerns, given the nature of the case.

and still no murder or accessory to murder?
abuse of a corpse?
child neglect?
Tomorrow is Zahra's birthday, pray for justice for her!!!!

<snipped from article>

In addition, they said that due to the international attention the case has garnered, Elisa Baker is now instantly recognizable and would not be able to easily avoid detection if she left the area.

<snipped>

What the heck, leave the area??

Now I know why ED went home. I hope she is okay.

I sure do not want her or AB out walking among us...............
Oh my how scarey!!!

This is why I dont think she died to medical neglect (though Im sure there was a lot of that)....DSS was on their tail, as was bio mom, it was time for the evidence of what had been happening to Zahra to be removed, even if it meant killing her.....MOO.

Yes, I really believe that if Zahra was not living with EB and AB, that she would be still be alive even if she was sick from cancer or anything else because sane people would have been taking this child to the doctor regularly (or even a free clinic). She would be under a doctor's care, and she would still be alive and would not have died when she did.

They are saying because of the high profile she wouldn't be a flight risk..

I didn't get that the Defense team went and recovered evidence but rather the defense team gave information to LE that led to the discovery of important evidence.

BBM. Hey, kale :) The motion says that as part of the defense's verification that information EB gave them was reliable, that "the defense team located and collected a significant item of evidence."

They are saying, if she made bond after it was reduced, she should not be considered a flight risk because of her notoriety. The attorney was trying to anticipate and assuage the judge's probable concerns, given the nature of the case.

There are so many women who look like her and I know so many people who never even heard of this case, so she could escape easily, I think, if released. I hope the judge thinks so, too. And I'll bet that is just what she is planning. I don't think they'd be that stupid to let this woman get out. At least I hope not.

Does anyone think LE & the medical examiner know how she died?

Wouldn't that be part of the deal she struck with LE when she told them where the scattered remains of Zahra were?

That's one reason, considering she wants her bail reduced, why I don't think she murdered Zahra.

A bond REDUCTION? Are you kidding me? Does anyone else get the feeling that EB is either in denial or just has no idea how much trouble she is actually in? I read where she wrote in jailhouse letters that she was upset because she missed Halloween and that she misses her waterbed. Is that really what is on this woman's mind right now? I don't know, I just get the feeling that she thinks she's going to get out in the near future or something. What a laugh.

FWIW - I don't think LE has found all of Zahra - yet.

EB might have only had info of the "parts" that she disposed of and the missing ones are the ones AB took to dispose of - KWIM?

Good point! I forgot they probably don't have all of Zahra's remains yet, and the missing ones might be the ones AB disposed of himself.

There are so many women who look like her and I know so many people who never even heard of this case, so she could escape easily, I think, if released. I hope the judge thinks so, too. And I'll bet that is just what she is planning. I don't think they'd be that stupid to let this woman get out. At least I hope not.

Yeah, if she wears a long-sleeve shirt to cover her tattoos, and without that red patch in her hair, she is extremely nondescript.

I have to say this. I am a peaceful person. I try not to judge and I try to give the benefit of doubt. I read the bond motion and I became angry. I do not want mercy shown for the assailants. I can not fathom someone doing this to a sweet child let alone anyone else. I can only imagine a very small percent of what ED is feeling right now. We all know she has heard. For it to be released on her daughters birthday no less. I hope ED can get the justice her and her daughter deserve.

A bond REDUCTION? Are you kidding me? Does anyone else get the feeling that EB is either in denial or just has no idea how much trouble she is actually in? I read where she wrote in jailhouse letters that she was upset because she missed Halloween and that she misses her waterbed. Is that really what is on this woman's mind right now? I don't know, I just get the feeling that she thinks she's going to get out in the near future or something. What a laugh.

She sure does! I get the same feeling from her. She does not seem to see Zahra as a human being of any importance. I remember the letter to 'Damien' where she said something like 'I wonder if Zahra hadn't survived cancer (which makes me think Zahra didn't die from illness) and hadn't come from Australia, if things would be different'. One way I saw that was that maybe EB was saying, "Oh please. What's the big deal? If she wasn't a disabled girl from Australia, would everyone be getting all upset about this? Would I even have to be in jail?" Shudder.

Wouldn't that be part of the deal she struck with LE when she told them where the scattered remains of Zahra were?

That's one reason, considering she wants her bail reduced, why I don't think she murdered Zahra.

Here's the thing though.....

Let's say she offered up some type of scenario as to how Zahra was murdered.....in turn the DA offered to take the death penalty off the table for this information....IF after recovery the evidence proved that what she said was false, does that mean that the deal would be null and void?

For example, she says Zahra died from a reoccurence of cancer. They only dismembered. Later evidence gathered from Zahra's remains show no sign of cancer.

Anyone???

It could be, Paulette, but with her, I think it could just as easily be her sick head guiding her to lie to try to give enough info to lessen her culpability by "helping" them find evidence against someone else. I just can't trust a single thing she says (or writes). I hope we hear something more from LE soon.

Certainly had she rolled over and implicated AB he would have been arrested by now. This case is sick beyond sick. I'm one for the DP to be on a case by case basis. This is one case where the DP IMO is warranted.

LE can't just go out and arrest someone based on something another person has said. They could bring him in for questioning based on what EB has said, but that would be pretty pointless, since he's already lawyered up. My guess is that LE is waiting for test results to come back that will point at AB.

She's obviously looking for a reduced sentence...her lawyers advised her well...but the reduction in bond...just a matter of course...what lawyers do...nothing will come of it...thankfully. Just a waste of time...IMO.

So EB directed them to where the mattress was disposed but now it appears to be only her word on when this was done and where. We know she told the truth about where since they did find it.

When it was first disclosed that they were looking for it in the landfill, I was under the impression that someone else had tipped them off about it's disposal.

So where did the "new" mattress come from? And when was the old one discarded and replaced with the new one?

I truly thought that would be LE's "ace in the hole" regarding AB. He clearly stated that he saw Zahra alive and well on the 7th. For him not to be involved, this all had to take place on the 8th. That's a pretty big stretch to believe that everything happened in that one day while he was at work.

I guess they are still trying to piece together what exactly to charge him with. :waitasec:

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back